Author Topic: Epics that you find overrated?  (Read 5410 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: Epics that you find overrated?
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2015, 10:48:40 AM »
It can be complex and difficult and still be bad.

Perfect description of Illumination Theory.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2015, 01:15:52 PM »

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2015, 06:50:57 PM »
According to the band, they have six epics: A Change of Seasons, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, Octavarium, In the Presence of Enemies, The Count of Tuscany, and Illumination Theory. On these forums, a lot of people don't consider TCoT an epic and a small minority consider A Mind Beside Itself to be an epic instead of a suite. I have also seen posts claiming that The Twelve-Step Suite is an epic but those are very rare. Really anything shorter than TCoT but over 10 minutes (along with the 9:31 Metropolis) is usually called a mini-epic.

I like the term mini-epic to represent certain songs. Perhaps ones like ITNOG, ToT, BAI, Scarred, The Killing Hand. Problem is it still gets out of control because DT still have a lot of long songs that some wouldn't class as 'mini epic' either. Oh God I'm getting into it again, sorry.   :angel: