Author Topic: Share Your Own Personal DT12 Awards  (Read 3211 times)

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Share Your Own Personal DT12 Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2013, 12:59:25 PM »
- Most Well-Written Song On DT12: Behind The Veil
- Most Likely To Go Mainstream: The Enemy Inside
- Most Well-Received Song On DT12: The Bigger Picture
- Best Music Behind Song On DT12: The Bigger Picture
- Best Vocal Performance On DT12: Illumination Theory
- Best Guitar Solo On DT12: Behind The Veil
- Song Of The Album Award: Behind The Veil
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2013, 01:25:30 PM »
- Most Well-Written Song On DT12: None
- Most Likely To Go Mainstream: Along For the Ride
- Most Well-Received Song On DT12: The Enemy Inside
- Best Music Behind Song On DT12: None
- Best Vocal Performance On DT12: None
- Best Guitar Solo On DT12: None
- Song Of The Album Award: None

;D
No offense, but even though I'm disappointed by the new album I find that kind of immature, especially with the smilie at the end.
No offense, but what is really immature for me is that people get bothered/nervous/angry/uneasy everytime anyone does a negative comment about the album, as if EVERYONE has to like the album. If you like to stay quiet about not liking the album, ok, it is your right, but don't ask everyone to do the same. If people don't like negative comments about the album, ignore them. But I have as much right as anyone to give my opinion.
I have no problems with people having negative opinions regarding DT12 and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people (99,99%) would agree. But this isn't a suitable topic to voice those opinions, therefore here it comes off as pointless and provocative.

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2013, 02:00:08 PM »
- Most Well-Written Song On DT12: IT
- Most Likely To Go Mainstream: TEI
- Most Well-Received Song On DT12: IT
- Best Music Behind Song On DT12: IT
- Best Vocal Performance On DT12:  IT
- Best Guitar Solo On DT12: IT (The one right before the ambiance/string section.
- Song Of The Album Award: IT

Offline 425

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2013, 02:35:37 PM »
No offense, but what is really immature for me is that people get bothered/nervous/angry/uneasy everytime anyone does a negative comment about the album, as if EVERYONE has to like the album. If you like to stay quiet about not liking the album, ok, it is your right, but don't ask everyone to do the same. If people don't like negative comments about the album, ignore them. But I have as much right as anyone to give my opinion.

Honestly, I do not care at all if you like the album or not. I also do not care if you say it. However, there is a difference between expressing it your opinion and forcing it down people's throats when they're talking about why they like the album.

In a thread about "do you like the album?" or "what albums do you like?" it is completely appropriate for you to say exactly how you feel about the album. But this is a thread about "what are your favorite parts of the album?" Coming into this thread to say "none of them, it sucks" is rather pointless and rude. Imagine the difference in real life between saying how you feel about a movie when your friends ask "did you like that movie?" and jumping into your friends' conversation about a movie that they love to say "That movie is awful."

I guarantee you that anyone who visits DTF regularly at all knows full well by now exactly how you feel about the album. I just don't see why you feel the need to repeat it in every thread about the album. There is no rule that requires you to say something in every thread.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline adamack

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2013, 05:48:18 PM »
Here is a little update on the leaders so far for each category:

- Most Well-Written Song On DT12: Surrender To Reason and The Bigger Picture (6 Votes Each)
- Most Likely To Go Mainstream: Along For The Ride (13 Votes)
- Most Well-Received Song On DT12: Illumination Theory (16 Votes)
- Best Music Behind Song On DT12: Illumination Theory (13 Votes)
- Best Vocal Performance On DT12: Illumination Theory (16 Votes)
- Best Guitar Solo On DT12: Behind The Veil (10 Votes)
- Song Of The Album Award: Illumination Theory (13 Votes) (Honorable Mention - The Bigger Picture (8 Votes)

Keep em coming! When the thread dies of natural causes, I will tally the votes for a final time and reveal the winners.

:metal

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2013, 12:46:10 AM »
In a thread about "do you like the album?" or "what albums do you like?" it is completely appropriate for you to say exactly how you feel about the album. But this is a thread about "what are your favorite parts of the album?" Coming into this thread to say "none of them, it sucks" is rather pointless and rude.
This is the point I was trying to make.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2013, 01:10:15 AM »
In a thread about "do you like the album?" or "what albums do you like?" it is completely appropriate for you to say exactly how you feel about the album. But this is a thread about "what are your favorite parts of the album?" Coming into this thread to say "none of them, it sucks" is rather pointless and rude.
This is the point I was trying to make.

Totally agree. It is an "appreciation" thread, not a "bashing" thread.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2013, 12:10:31 PM »
- Most Well-Written Song On DT12: None
- Most Likely To Go Mainstream: Along For the Ride
- Most Well-Received Song On DT12: The Enemy Inside
- Best Music Behind Song On DT12: None
- Best Vocal Performance On DT12: None
- Best Guitar Solo On DT12: None
- Song Of The Album Award: None

;D
No offense, but even though I'm disappointed by the new album I find that kind of immature, especially with the smilie at the end.
I have no problems with people having negative opinions regarding DT12 and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people (99,99%) would agree. But this isn't a suitable topic to voice those opinions, therefore here it comes off as pointless and provocative.

Totally agreed.  I've noticed Rhayader's shenanigans in other threads but never said anything because he's not actually breaking any rules by going into every thread and talking about how much he dislikes the album.  But this post was uncalled for, doesn't actually contribute anything to the discussion, and is pretty much just flat-out trolling.

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »

- Most Well-Received Song On DT12: SURRENDER TO REASON (Even though IT is it too, it is also pointed out as not good as the others epic song, like 8V or ACOS, which I consider absurd to compare..)

- Most Likely to Go Mainstream: THE LOOKING GLASS (Why not?.. I say yes mostly 'cause of its chorus, though, yeah, it is a prog rock song, but, OTOH, the begining it's more "mainstream" than the one in AFTR, and the song itself it's most easy to catch on than TEI, the two most voted if I'm not wrong..)

- Best Vocal Performance On DT12: THE BIGGER PICTURE (Most dificult to choose.. TLG and IT are almost at the same level to me, but I choose this because it has more participation of James...)

- Best Guitar Solo On DT12: ILLUMINATION THEORY [The first one, right at 6:32, on Live, Die, Kill] (Obviously the one in BTV it's really awesome, as well as the one in TLG, even TEI's, EM's and the other two from IT; but I think and feel the one I choose it's his most original solo on the album.. And that's why I vote for this.. BTV's has a lot of the BAI's solo, just as TEI's and OTBOA, etc, and they're cool, and unique too, but not the unique enough.. Instead, the one in LDK gives me the certain that JP it's still innovating on his solos out there, and that's a pretty good sign..)

- Most Well-Written Song On DT12: THE BIGGER PICTURE (I enjoy everytime the way this song it's preparing itself way to the great and epic end.. It's just perfect.. Nothing more to say.. Only to delight..)

- Best Music Behind Song On DT12: SURRENDER TO REASON (First, I want to say this category it's very unfair, 'cause it doesn't admit the instrumentals.. If it did, I'd choose FAS all the way -Lasts only three minutes, but we are judging for quality here, not for quantity, I guess-.. Anyway, as it doesn't, I choose STR before IT for its constant glorious accompaniment, while IT has its changes and different parts... let's say it's not regular.. we all know that.. In fact, I think that was the purpose for that song.. FAS and STR are 10/10 as far as soundtrack music refers to..)

- Song of the Album Award: THE BIGGER PICTURE (The main reason I'll give it's the same reason I like ToT rather than any other album: it's just my passional taste, call it irrational, non-sense at all, or whatever you want.. In fact, I do call it myself that way.. It can't be explain... Having said that, in my case, the category of "Most Well-Written Song" category and this one does match perfect: I mean, TBP it's the best IMO, precisely because I think it's the most well-written in the whole album..)

PD: Yeah, I've changed the categories order... ;D
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)