Author Topic: Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old died after being severely beaten.  (Read 1537 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old died after being severely beaten.
« on: October 11, 2013, 07:26:25 PM »
Absolutely terrible. I can't even imagine the combination of sadness and anger the man must be going through.

https://www.newson6.com/story/23669238/son-of-former-ou-star-adrian-peterson-hospitalized
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old died after being severely beaten.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 08:39:59 PM »
Wow, I can't imagine the type of rage that would flow through my veins if I heard of some dude laying his hands on my child.

Offline jsem

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 04:24:08 AM »
If I'm reading this correctly... this is straight up murder. Unjustifiable.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 04:41:03 AM »
Wow, I can't imagine the type of rage that would flow through my veins if I heard of some dude laying his hands on my child.
Kinda interesting to read all these kinda comments.

My understanding is that AP didn't know the kid was his, or just found out, but kinda wasn't going to be a big part of its life (other than financially). The woman is with another man, too. And then something like this happens.

It's gotta be interesting to be AP right now.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 06:46:40 AM »
No matter which way you slice it, a two year old being beaten to death is one of the worst things imaginable. What a horrible, frightening thing.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 07:53:09 AM »

The sad, disturbing thing is it will be pleaded down to some BS manslaughter or something and the guy will get 15 years or something along those lines.

At minimum he should never see natural light again.....I'd be fine I'd they just hung him tomorrow.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 08:00:17 AM »

The sad, disturbing thing is it will be pleaded down to some BS manslaughter or something and the guy will get 15 years or something along those lines.

At minimum he should never see natural light again.....I'd be fine I'd they just hung him tomorrow.

Agreed. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 08:38:27 AM »
My understanding is that AP didn't know the kid was his, or just found out, but kinda wasn't going to be a big part of its life (other than financially). The woman is with another man, too. And then something like this happens.
Kinda glad to hear that. I had put a huge chunk of responsibility for this on AP, and this would absolve him for a lot of it.

You wouldn't have let your baby-mama move your kid in with somebody who had already beaten the shit out of other kids.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 08:58:31 AM »
Kinda glad to hear that. I had put a huge chunk of responsibility for this on AP, and this would absolve him for a lot of it.

You wouldn't have let your baby-mama move your kid in with somebody who had already beaten the shit out of other kids.

I'll admit I know little about this case....just enough to know this guy beat a two year old to death, but EB are you saying you've read/seen that guy has a history of this?

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 10:22:12 AM »
Holy shit...
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline masterthes

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 10:30:04 AM »
This is horrifying. The guy should at least get life in prison

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 10:41:10 AM »

I'll admit I know little about this case....just enough to know this guy beat a two year old to death, but EB are you saying you've read/seen that guy has a history of this?
He allegedly beat up a former GF, who said she spanked her kid so hard it left welts. Due to the he said/she said nature of these sorts of things, it was adjudicated pretty lightly. In this case, it appears that the injuries are the result of a good shaking, rather than a pummeling. My guess is that the guy was too stupid to know that shaking people that young causes brain damage. This makes him more of a dumbass than a vicious monster, IMO.

My point remains, though. A responsible parent would have checked into things and not let their baby-mama move a kid in with the guy. Particularly a parent with AP's resources. If he didn't actually know it was his kid, then he gets something of a pass on this one. So now we're just talking about a guy with at least 3 kids, one of whom he didn't even know about, never married, and not having much to do with them. Can't say that I'm particularly sympathetic to him, and frankly, he's the smallest part of this story. Yet, were it not for his name, none of us would even be talking about this.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 11:37:47 AM »

He allegedly beat up a former GF, who said she spanked her kid so hard it left welts. Due to the he said/she said nature of these sorts of things, it was adjudicated pretty lightly. In this case, it appears that the injuries are the result of a good shaking, rather than a pummeling. My guess is that the guy was too stupid to know that shaking people that young causes brain damage. This makes him more of a dumbass than a vicious monster, IMO.

No way EB. I cannot write shaking/beating an infant to death off as being a dumbass. I don't care how 'dumb' an adult is we know that to do anything along these lines to a child is absolutely unacceptable. They are utterly defenseless against an adult and completely dependent upon us. If this guy couldn't handle the responsibility of dating/fuc%king a woman with a kid then go date/fu%k one without one.

In cases of outright violence towards children like this you want find me wanting to 'learn' why this guy did this or pursue any 'rehabilitation' for him. This is an easy 'he doesn't deserve air to breathe' case for me. No level of rehab IMO can change this guys wiring and if he were to be studied I'd be willing to bet you'd conclude he's just an evil bastard.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 11:53:27 AM »
Intent matters, amigo. There is a difference between intentionally trying to inflict harm, and bungling an attempt to discipline a kid because you're and imbecile. I'm not letting the guy off the hook, I'll agree with you that he's an animal regardless. I can just differentiate between stupidity and malice in this case.
E.F. Benson

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 11:55:15 AM »
AP's reaction to everything yesterday left me thinking he had no relationship with the kid at all. He knew the kid was on his deathbed and he stayed at practice and is planning on playing on Sunday. Makes a lot of sense if he just found out the kid was his.

Reading about this kind of stuff makes me literally feel sick to my stomach.

This just raises a question: Why don't rich, black athletes seem to know to use birth control?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 12:04:10 PM »
Intent matters, amigo. There is a difference between intentionally trying to inflict harm, and bungling an attempt to discipline a kid because you're and imbecile. I'm not letting the guy off the hook, I'll agree with you that he's an animal regardless. I can just differentiate between stupidity and malice in this case.

I don't think the guy woke up wanting to kill the kid.....but unless he has a walnut for a brain an adult knows that any physical discipline to a small child needs to be tempered. We are that much bigger than them.

I guess to me it's just going to be injustice when this guy only gets 15 years for beating/shaking a defenseless two year old to death. Like I stated before....cases such as this shouldn't even include a trial....he's guilty, everyone knows what he did...there was no 'shaker' in the grassy knoll....at minimum enjoy the next 60 years in a dark, dank cell far below ground. I'd prefer the extreme in this case though.

AP's reaction to everything yesterday left me thinking he had no relationship with the kid at all. He knew the kid was on his deathbed and he stayed at practice and is planning on playing on Sunday. Makes a lot of sense if he just found out the kid was his.

Reading about this kind of stuff makes me literally feel sick to my stomach.

This just raises a question: Why don't rich, black athletes seem to know to use birth control?

Yeah, it's hard to imagine that if he had any type of relationship with this kid he'd have been able to crack a smile yesterday when being interviewed. I think we all understand the only role he played in that kids life apparently....donating some sperm.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 12:14:14 PM »
AP reportedly did not know about that kid being his son till very recently and never even saw him until Thursday when all of this happened.  Very sad situation all-around. :(

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 12:17:25 PM »

I don't think the guy woke up wanting to kill the kid.....but unless he has a walnut for a brain an adult knows that any physical discipline to a small child needs to be tempered. We are that much bigger than them.

I guess to me it's just going to be injustice when this guy only gets 15 years for beating/shaking a defenseless two year old to death. Like I stated before....cases such as this shouldn't even include a trial....he's guilty, everyone knows what he did...there was no 'shaker' in the grassy knoll....at minimum enjoy the next 60 years in a dark, dank cell far below ground. I'd prefer the extreme in this case though.
My guess is that it's more hazelnut sized. And because the kid was affiliated with an NFL star, this dipshit won't get 15 years. The notoriety will get him rung up pretty hard.
E.F. Benson

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 12:21:04 PM »

My guess is that it's more hazelnut sized. And because the kid was affiliated with an NFL star, this dipshit won't get 15 years. The notoriety will get him rung up pretty hard.

You know what....you're probably right which is  :censored sad. Jane Doe's kid who is beaten by her deadbeat boyfriend to death.....he only gets 15. This kid has some AP DNA and his murderer due to the notoriety will get locked up for life. It'd be 'justice' I suppose but still sad it takes a kid being 'royalty' so to speak to make it happen.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 12:43:45 PM »
Also sad is that it takes the kid's young age to garner this much outrage. If he'd been 16, I don't think anybody would be so fired up as to call for this asshole's torture or summary execution.
E.F. Benson

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 01:03:20 PM »
Also sad is that it takes the kid's young age to garner this much outrage. If he'd been 16, I don't think anybody would be so fired up as to call for this asshole's torture or summary execution.

Yeah....both should be just as outrageous. I suppose if there is a differentiator in my mind its the fact a 2 year old is outright defenseless. A 16 year old at least may have more options of 'defense' at his disposal I.E. run away....grab a baseball bat....kick, scratch, bite....whatever.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 04:12:14 PM »
This is a tragedy. The baby deserved much better and Peterson deserves much worse than he's getting.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2013, 04:32:21 PM »
The league is full of dead-beat daddies who makes ridiculous amounts of money, have several of illegitimate kids with multiple women, and aren't expected at all to be good role models toward them or their families. In short, NFL players tend to see themselves as the center of the universe. And they're celebrated by so many, it's not hard to see why.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2013, 06:29:51 PM »
I'll give AP the benefit of the doubt if he truly didn't know this boy was his child until a couple days ago. But I'll repeat what I said before:

Why don't rich, black athletes seem to know to use birth control?