Author Topic: DT vinyl releases  (Read 46103 times)

Offline ProgressiveIce

DT vinyl releases
« on: October 11, 2013, 06:34:59 AM »
We already heard about FII and OIALT getting released on vinyl (OIALT actually came out yesterday), now L@B gets a 4LP release (in about a month) too! I compiled a list of all LP releases in 2013:

Recent DT vinyl releases
Images and Words - Enjoy the Ride/Brookvale - 2013-02-19 [Discogs]
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence - Music On Vinyl - 2013-05-23 [Discogs, MOV]
Images and Words - Music On Vinyl - 2013-06-24 [Discogs, MOV]
Octavarium - Atlantic - 2013-09-03 [Discogs]
Once in a Livetime - Music On Vinyl - 2013-10-10 [Vinylclub.nl]
Falling Into Infinity - Music On Vinyl - 2013-11-04 [Vinylclub.nl]
Live at Budokan - Music On Vinyl - 2013-11-18 [Vinylclub.nl]
Train of Thought - Music On Vinyl - 2014-01-13 [Vinylclub.nl]
Score - Music On Vinyl - 2014-02-10 [Vinylclub.nl]
Illumination Theory - Atlantic - 2014-04-19 (Record Store Day exclusive release) [recordstoreday.com]
Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory - Enjoy the Ride - 2014-06-10 [ETR @ DTF]
Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory - Music On Vinyl - 2014-10-03/06 [MOV]
Awake - Enjoy the Ride - 2014-10-17 [ETR @ DTF, ETR @ DTF #2, ETR @ DTF #3, Brookvale, Brookvale #2, Preorder announcement]
Falling Into Infinity - Enjoy the Ride - 2014-10-17 [ETR @ DTF, ETR @ DTF #2, Brookvale, Brookvale #2, Preorder announcement]
Awake - Music On Vinyl - 2014-11-17 [MOV]
Live At The Marquee - Music On Vinyl - 2015-08-24 [MOV]
Images And Words - Music On Vinyl (gold/red mixed vinyl) - 2016-05-20/27? [MOV, MOV 2 (note: lists release date of previous pressing)]
Live At The Marquee - Music On Vinyl (red vinyl) - 2016-06-27 [MOV]
Awake - Music On Vinyl (silver vinyl) - 2016-07-25 [MOV]
Falling Into Infinity - Music On Vinyl (transparent vinyl) - 2016-08-22 [MOV]
Once In A Livetime - Music On Vinyl (blue vinyl) - 2016-09-19 [Flyer by MOV, MOV]
Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory - Music On Vinyl (yellow vinyl) - 2016-10-17 [Flyer by MOV, MOV]
Six Degreees Of Inner Turbulence - Music On Vinyl (orange vinyl) - 2016-11-14 [Flyer by MOV, MOV]
Train Of Thought - Music On Vinyl (white vinyl) - 2016-12-12 [Flyer by MOV, MOV]
Live At Budokan - Music On Vinyl (white vinyl) - 2017-01-20 [Flyer by MOV, MOV]
Score - Music On Vinyl (gold vinyl) - 2017-02-?? [Flyer by MOV, MOV (note: lists date of earlier pressing)]
A Change Of Seasons - Music On Vinyl (blue/white vinyl) - 2018-02-16 [MOV]
When Dream And Day Unite - Music On Vinyl (red vinyl) - 2018-09-07 [MOV]

Future DT vinyl releases
Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory - Music On Vinyl (orange/gold vinyl) - 2019-02-22 [MOV]

This year is fucking awesome, even when ignoring DT12 and LALP. :metal
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 06:44:47 AM by ProgressiveIce »

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DT vinyl releases
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 07:04:02 AM »
Oh, good idea!

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 07:07:53 AM »
Wow, Live at Budokan too? I almost wish they didn't release these so quickly. They are so expensive since I have to import the Music on Vinyl releases.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 08:14:11 AM »
Wow, Live at Budokan too? I almost wish they didn't release these so quickly. They are so expensive since I have to import the Music on Vinyl releases.

They usually pop up on Amazon.

OALT is up there, not available but is 75 bucks!  :facepalm:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3NX4XY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2W1I9ED1RUM3F&coliid=ICETAOY7PB5UV

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 09:03:22 AM »

They usually pop up on Amazon.

OALT is up there, not available but is 75 bucks!  :facepalm:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3NX4XY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2W1I9ED1RUM3F&coliid=ICETAOY7PB5UV

Haha, yeah, that's more what I mean, is that I have to import the less expensive version. Amazon UK has it for about 40, which is still high, but for a quality 4LP release, I suppose I can't complain. The OCD in me is screaming, but I may have to skip LAB (and Score, if they release that at a later date) because I feel like I would just watch those rather than listen to them. At least Once in a Livetime is mostly different from 5YIAL.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 08:19:35 AM »
OALT is down to 61.60 on Amazon preorder.

That's still $10 more than amazon.co.uk at today's exchange rate, though how much does Amazon charge to ship it ?

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 08:28:06 AM »

That's still $10 more than amazon.co.uk at today's exchange rate, though how much does Amazon charge to ship it ?

My shipping says it is $4.90 on Amazon UK. Don't forget though, that VAT is knocked off once you preorder (as long as you aren't actually in the UK, of course). That basically makes up for the shipping cost. My total bill is $45.82 in US dollars.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 08:31:41 AM »

My shipping says it is $4.90 on Amazon UK. Don't forget though, that VAT is knocked off once you preorder (as long as you aren't actually in the UK, of course). That basically makes up for the shipping cost. My total bill is $45.82 in US dollars.

Ah I forgot about VAT.

:omg:

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 06:20:29 AM »
Two more releases by Music On Vinyl coming up early next year: ToT and Score!

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 06:57:42 AM »
I saw Train Of Thought yesterday(which I'm not excited for since it's the worst album but I'll still get it), but I didn't know about Score! Can't wait to drop the needle on Another Won. I hate Music On Vinyl's prices, but I have all of their Dream Theater releases so far and they sound perfect, so I'm happy. Really need an Awake reissue though, and A Change Of Seasons on wax would be wonderful.
"Ok, these guys are only catering to the hardcore fanbase that already bought the $8000 meet and greet package complete with signed LaBrie eye patch"

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 07:10:58 AM »
Why don't they release them all on HDTracks? I mean, just for the poor guys like me :lol

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 08:36:04 AM »
Why don't they release them all on HDTracks? I mean, just for the poor guys like me :lol

something tells me it's a rights issue with the old label. all the Roadrunner albums are on HDtracks now, but the older stuff hasn't even been hinted — yet it's being licensed to vinyl manufacturers and Jammit. there could be technical reasons too for all we know.

Offline YouMakeMeSick

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 01:53:54 PM »
Got my copies of OIALT and LAB today, FII will arrive on Monday. So far, OIALT sounds good. One thing that caught my eye is the insert, I don't think it was this way on the CD version (Jams LaBri?):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The owls are not what they seem...

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 02:25:26 PM »
That's weird... All of the capital E''s, V's, Y's and U's are missing. That's r wird.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 02:25:39 PM »
All the names are hacked up... hah

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »
That's weird... All of the capital E's, Y's and U's are missing. That's vr wird.

-Marc.

John Myung is even weirder, there's not enough spaces between the missing letters to even "fit" right if they were "printed" without ink somehow. Same with Kevin Shirley. I wonder how this happened? 

I'll check mine when I get home.

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 02:28:21 PM »

Yeah, including all the new stuff, the vinyls and the concert tickets, I blew like $600 on Dream Theater this year. Have mercy!
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 02:30:07 PM »

Yeah, including all the new stuff, the vinyls and the concert tickets, I blew like $600 on Dream Theater this year. Have mercy!

I'm right there with you.  Yowzer.

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 04:48:52 PM »
My friend and I were wondering what the sound quality was like. Unless it's just the system I played it on, I wasn't too impressed with I&W, but I thought SFAM sounded amazing. Really hoping for great quality...
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, 05:05:13 PM »
Got my copies of OIALT and LAB today, FII will arrive on Monday. So far, OIALT sounds good. One thing that caught my eye is the insert, I don't think it was this way on the CD version (Jams LaBri?):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I never noticed, but mine is the same way. I'd guess all copies are, something wrong with the printer? I don't have a CD version to compare it to and the cassette version has a different layout.
"Ok, these guys are only catering to the hardcore fanbase that already bought the $8000 meet and greet package complete with signed LaBrie eye patch"

Offline YouMakeMeSick

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 06:00:52 PM »
So FII arrived today and the first half sounds wonderful (haven't played the rest yet). One thing I noticed is that the version of "You Not Me" is a little longer than the original, during the guitar solo.

Offline TTD

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 03:58:47 AM »

Because folks like me (in Europe) can buy the vinyl outside of the USA, but HD Tracks is limited to residents of that country?

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 09:05:47 AM »
Train of Thought comes out tomorrow. weeoo.

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 09:25:34 AM »
My least favorite album  :-\ I'm still gonna pick it up though for completeness sake.

Offline TL

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 10:19:24 AM »
They have the listing up on Canadian Amazon but don't have a price yet. I'll pick it up unless they try charging an outrageous rate for it.

Edit: Ordered. Their price isn't great, but not crazy either ($15 less than on US Amazon too).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 01:20:38 PM by TL »

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 11:18:49 AM »

Because folks like me (in Europe) can buy the vinyl outside of the USA, but HD Tracks is limited to residents of that country?

it's actually not. assuming you're paying with PayPal, you can just leave US as the country and pick a random state. they don't care. i'm in Canada and buy from them just fine.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 05:40:31 PM »
They have the listing up on Canadian Amazon but don't have a price yet. I'll pick it up unless they try charging an outrageous rate for it.

Edit: Ordered. Their price isn't great, but not crazy either ($15 less than on US Amazon too).

What did you pay? I used a MOV vendor and paid like 48 shipped for it.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 05:50:42 PM »
Wow, in this case living in the Netherlands is cheap. Once in a Livetime would cost me like 25 euro's.

Glad they do this. I'm not one for live recordings on vinyl, but I will surely buy all the studio releases.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 06:04:45 PM »

That seems to be a perfect amount, because I just bought it from Amazon Canada, and after the US conversion fee and shipping, it was $47.78 US dollars!

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 06:51:46 PM »

That seems to be a perfect amount, because I just bought it from Amazon Canada, and after the US conversion fee and shipping, it was $47.78 US dollars!

Alright.  They offered that price to me without any frame of reference on co.uk, .com or anything.  Should be here later this week.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 07:33:47 PM by Mindflux »

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 08:19:24 PM »
Awesome! I just "caught up" a little bit and bought FII and ToT. I'm gonna hold out for a slightly lower price on L@B until I buy it.

Score might be a day 1 purchase, though. Oh, and with this purchase, I have every DT album on vinyl except Awake, which should be remedied by EnjoyTheRide's supposed release later this year!

Offline TL

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2014, 11:43:23 AM »

After tax and all it came to about $46 CAD. That seems to be the ballpark for what it's going for, looking at what other people have paid at various sellers.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2014, 07:25:48 PM »
Awesome! I just "caught up" a little bit and bought FII and ToT. I'm gonna hold out for a slightly lower price on L@B until I buy it.

Score might be a day 1 purchase, though. Oh, and with this purchase, I have every DT album on vinyl except Awake, which should be remedied by EnjoyTheRide's supposed release later this year!

Was there a Live at the Marquee release ever or  Live Scenes on Vinyl?

I'll be buying Score when it pops up. 

I'll be missing: WDADU, Awake, ACOS on vinyl once I buy Score assuming LATM and LSFNY were never released on vinyl.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2014, 08:58:23 PM »

Was there a Live at the Marquee release ever or  Live Scenes on Vinyl?

I'll be buying Score when it pops up. 

I'll be missing: WDADU, Awake, ACOS on vinyl once I buy Score assuming LATM and LSFNY were never released on vinyl.

Oh, I should have clarified that I meant studio album. I was able to pick up WDADU relatively cheap and in good condition on eBay a couple months ago. I did forget about ACOS though. Live at the Marquee does have a Korean vinyl release, but it is usually very expensive. Live Scenes does not have a vinyl release.

Offline YouMakeMeSick

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2014, 07:20:21 AM »
US buyers: The lowest prices I've seen for DT vinyl has been on SoundstageDirect. They also do a great job packing the records and every order over $29.99 gets free shipping, which means all DT records qualify. They sent me a 10% discount code, valid until January 31st, which you can also use if interested: Holiday.