Author Topic: A Slightly Scary Story....  (Read 491 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
A Slightly Scary Story....
« on: October 10, 2013, 03:50:44 PM »
I experienced something I have never felt before last the night. It was very scary. My neighbor is a single mom with 2 sons. One is 15, the other is 8 years old.  I’m not big fans of them because they are always fighting and screaming at each other at the top of their lungs in Spanish. My wife keeps a good relationship with her and her sons. Now that being said last night freaked me out and I can’t get it out of my mind.

It was around 8 pm when my doorbell rang several times and I saw my door knob shake and heard a voice behind my front door freaking out. My wife called out who is it? He answered, “Its Louis!” She answered the door and he was out of his mind in fear. “Mrs. Lenotti, Carlos is missing! We can’t find him!!!”

So I got on my shoes and headed out the door to search. As I walked out the door I heard my neighbor in her house losing her mind. So loudly she sounded like she was right next to me. She was screaming and crying and just having a complete meltdown. It gave me chills and made me feel something I had never felt.  I felt the sheer terror of her reaction trying to imagine what he would be like to be in her shoes. Then she came out of the house screaming…’My boy, my boy, he is gone! If something happened to him I will die! I will die!!!” It was freaky and had my heart beating faster.
We searched around the immediate area for a bit when her son gave running up the street yelling…” I know where he is, he’s ok!”

Well apparently Carlos gets picked up by their friends and goes to Boy Scouts on Tuesday night but when they called to see if he was there, there was confusion and they were told he wasn’t there. Well a phone call back later he was. The bottom line is, I have been thinking about this a lot today. As a father of a 13 year old girl I can say if something happened to her I would probably wind up drinking or drugging myself to death.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:57:16 PM by Tick »
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: A Slightly Scary Story....
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 03:55:51 PM »
That's always awful. We've had scares like that in our family too.  :(

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 04:40:59 PM »
Glad there was a happy ending. That scenario is absolutely frightening to think about as a parent. Come to think of it anything that I do 'fear' in this world has to do with my children.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 04:51:02 PM »
Glad there was a happy ending. That scenario is absolutely frightening to think about as a parent. Come to think of it anything that I do 'fear' in this world has to do with my children.
I hear you!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 05:38:01 PM »
At the risk of sounding ( more ) like a dick...

This is one of the reasons I don't want to have kids.  On top of worrying all the time - I just think i'd be an awful parent.

( "no shit ! " - DTF ) .

Glad everyone turned up ok.  :tup

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 02:11:23 AM »
I took my 3 boys (all under 10) to the seaside at the beginning of the summer just gone. We were sat quite a way back from the shoreline.

My 3 year old had never been before and he kept scarpering to play in the water (and was determined to go inspect the oil rig that was like 3 miles off shore). Id gone to get him and came back only to find that my 7 year old had wandered up the beach! 5 minutes I was frantic (this was on the back of a couple of child abduction incidents here in the UK that were getting a lot of press) and my blood had turned to ice. You just fear the worst.

He came wandering back after a few minutes and had just lost his bearings. The relief!

It's the worst feeling.
This post was brought to you by Puppyonacid and subsequently ignored.

DTF's resident thread killer