Morgan Agren's Conundrum: A Percussive Misadventure

Started by MrBoom_shack-a-lack, October 09, 2013, 12:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Even if your not a drummer this movie is a must for any creative artist, muscian or music geek in general. Infact I demand you to see it!  :hat

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/morgan

Kotowboy

Wow that music is shit and that looks really self-indulgent.

ColdFireYYZ

Agren's an extremely talented musician, so I'm definitely going to check this out. I'll probably ask for the DVD for Christmas.

Quote from: Kotowboy on October 09, 2013, 12:31:38 PM
that looks really self-indulgent.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Morgan Agren himself came up with the idea of making the movie.

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Quote from: Kotowboy on October 09, 2013, 12:31:38 PM
Wow that music is shit and that looks really self-indulgent.
In regards to your comment you definitely need to watch this.  :P

Kotowboy

Nick

I was watching the trailer and intrigued until Metal Whatever, the hot female drummer whose only impact in the world is being a hot female drummer who covers songs was in it. That is just a WTF moment among all the others in there.

Kotowboy

BUT SHE IS TEH HAWT AND SHE PLAYZ TEH DRUMZZZ !!!! SHE MUZT BE TEH BEZT !!!! :metal :metal :metal

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2013, 09:10:15 AM
I was watching the trailer and intrigued until Metal Whatever, the hot female drummer whose only impact in the world is being a hot female drummer who covers songs was in it. That is just a WTF moment among all the others in there.
Her contribution to this project consists of whooping 20sec in total, so yea she's just there to compliment Morgan Agren and that's it. Nothing more nothing less. If you know who Morgan Agren is or would like to know this is an amazing portrait/movie of a very creative and inspiring muscian who's has his feet firmly planted on the ground.

ytserush

I've seen him live before and have a few of his albums so I'll be checking this out one day. Seems like something I'd enjoy.

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Didn't wanna start a new thread so I use this old thread instead.

Morgan Ågren is starting a kickstarter for his friend and music partner Mats Öberg who is slowly losing his hearing while being blind since birth.
QuoteMorgan Ågren/Mats Öberg CDs/DVDs + urgent hearing treatment
I created this kickstarter project for two reasons. 1: We have new cool music available that we are very proud of. 2: Mats Öberg, my longtime friend and musical genius, who is blind since birth, is now also about to lose his hearing as well (Read about his condition below). But let me start by talking about the music. In 2016, Mats and I celebrated 35 years of making music together. We recorded two anniversary concerts in Stockholm with former bandmates, left to right: Mats Öberg, Jimmy Ågren, Tommy Tordsson, Morgan Ågren, Robert Elovsson, Gustaf Hielm and Stefan Jernståhl (and Peter Wahlbeck).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/804823372/morgan-agren-mats-oberg-cds-dvds-urgent-hearing-tr/description

bosk1

I missed this first time around.  But if Kowtow hated it that much, I'm willing to bet it must be pretty good, so I'll try to check it out later.