Author Topic: Woman Rapes Babies at Daycare  (Read 8263 times)

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
    • The Nerdy Millennial
Woman Rapes Babies at Daycare
« on: October 08, 2013, 04:20:23 AM »
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/07/heather-koon-raped-baby-daycare_n_4057371.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

She was trusted to take care of defenseless children, but now one Ohio daycare worker is accused of doing the unthinkable -- and filming it.

Heather Koon, 25, faces two counts of rape after police say they found video on her laptop of her "engaging in sexual conduct with an unknown infant." An investigation also revealed an additional victim, according to WOIO.

Police allegedly found the video on Koon's laptop at the apartment where her boyfriend, James Osborne, lives. Osborne is a registered sex offender. Both Koon and Osborne were arrested Oct. 4 within hours of each other, and were held at Lorain County Jail.

WKYC reported that both sexual assaults took place at ABC Kidz child care in Elyria. Concerned parents said they fear their children may also be victims.

"He doesn't like his diaper being changed. He doesn't like being touched... When I used to drop him off there he used to scream so bad that he would be like hyperventilating," Andrea Lankey, whose 2-year-old was under Koon's care, told the station.

In a statement, Carlos Johnson, the attorney for ABC Kidz, said the company does not believe there were other victims:

"The daycare in cooperating with the investigation and we’re compiling a list to determine which kids were present while she, Heather Koon, worked there. We do not think there are more victims, but out of the abundance of cautiousness we want to make sure that we are correct."

The father of the victim in the video told WOIO that representatives from ABC Kidz "tried to act like it was a simple assault" when they contacted him.

"A few hours later they called us back again and asked us to keep it discreet," the father, who wishes to remain anonymous, told the station.

Sadly, this isn't the first time a daycare employee has been accused of molesting children. In 2012, an instructor at a Pittsburgh daycare was sentenced to at least 35 years in prison for sexually assaulting 12 boys over a period of several years.

:superdude: says: WTF is wrong with people!?
Check out my blog!
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Woman Rapes Babies at Daycare
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 04:39:39 AM »
and people wonder why I have no faith in humanity.

Online wolfking

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 04:59:45 AM »
and people wonder why I have no faith in humanity.

Pretty much this.  I fucking hate people.

Offline Prog Snob

• In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 05:46:43 AM »
Right, and this is about to go into the political section because this is why we need a f*cking  death penalty.  People like this should not be allowed to breathe. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:59:24 AM by Prog Snob »

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
    • The Nerdy Millennial
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 05:56:00 AM »
Yes but then I can't respond to you there. :loser:
Check out my blog!

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 06:49:07 AM »
I wish I hadn't eaten before reading that article... Doing something like that to babies is disgusting to say the least.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 11:45:06 AM »
The only kind of 'justice' for something like this...is torturing this cancerous scum for the rest of its lifespan. Or more accurately, making sure she's kept alive just enough to be tortured. The death penalty isn't severe enough. Not nearly. DISGUSTING. ABHORRENT.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 11:52:57 AM »
I was in shock (but not really surprised) when I read this article yesterday.

I feel like a daycare center should have cameras everywhere, inside and out. If I was parent, and had a child in daycare, my mind would be at ease knowing that if I asked, I could see 8 straight hours of video surveillance of my child's every move within that building. I'm not saying it should be mandated by government, but I think it wouldn't be a bad move on the daycare's part. Think of the coming lawsuit over this, not to mention the fact that they probably just lost every client they had.

Offline Prog Snob

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 12:04:11 PM »
The only kind of 'justice' for something like this...is torturing this cancerous scum for the rest of its lifespan. Or more accurately, making sure she's kept alive just enough to be tortured. The death penalty isn't severe enough. Not nearly. DISGUSTING. ABHORRENT.

Verrrry true. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 12:21:13 PM »

I think differently. I'm not excusing this behavior at all. Get this woman out of society and away from children as soon as possible. That being said, locking this woman up forever in a jail wouldn't do anything other than waste taxpayer money. I don't think death penalty is the answer either. This woman did what she did for a reason, and we should try to find out why by any means necessary. Even if it means *temporarily* putting her in a positive, welcoming, secured, science facility. Study the shit out of her for several hours a day, then lock her in her room (not a jail cell). Get thousands of brain scans in response to every visual stimuli imaginable. Find the area of her brain that lights up when a picture of a baby is put in front of her. Find out if there is a neurological disorder. Work with her and not in anger against. Maybe she'd even admit she has issues and honestly hates the fact she does what she does. That would be the best case scenario. That way she'd be willing to comply, be cooperative, and help us get some real/usable data. Do society a favor and learn from this. Again, I'm not not letting her off the hook, but this is something that I believe needs to be studied extensively.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:26:50 PM by Chino »

Offline Nick

• Call Kenny Loggins
  • Global Moderator
  • Cause you're in the danger zone
    • My Radio Show!
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 12:23:08 PM »
Chino is on the right track.

Any sort of violence or death does not equate to justice. The justice system has found and thankfully removed a horrible problem, for which we should all be happy. Punishment is required, but so is understanding so we can better prevent and deal with anything of the sort in the future.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 12:26:01 PM »

I'm I tripping, or did we just agree on something?

Offline Prog Snob

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 12:32:48 PM »
What a bunch of bleeding-heart nonsense.  ugh   The problem with this country is that we are TOO soft on crime.  If there were harsher repercussions for a criminal's actions, you would undoubtedly see a drop in crime. However we subscribe to this nonsense that we should be understanding towards the criminal.  Forget that.  The punishment should fit the crime.  Would you be this understanding and compassionate towards the criminal if this perversion happened to your child?

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 12:33:43 PM »
Sorry, but your government is shut down.  No funding for science.  Who are we kidding, science has seen decreased funding since the Texas moron was put in office.  No Sun Cannon for you.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 12:34:37 PM »

I think differently. I'm not excusing this behavior at all. Get this woman out of society and away from children as soon as possible. That being said, locking this woman up forever in a jail wouldn't do anything other than waste taxpayer money. I don't think death penalty is the answer either. This woman did what she did for a reason, and we should try to find out why by any means necessary. Even if it means *temporarily* putting her in a positive, welcoming, secured, science facility. Study the shit out of her for several hours a day, then lock her in her room (not a jail cell). Get thousands of brain scans in response to every visual stimuli imaginable. Find the area of her brain that lights up when a picture of a baby is put in front of her. Find out if there is a neurological disorder. Work with her and not in anger against. Maybe she'd even admit she has issues and honestly hates the fact she does what she does. That would be the best case scenario. That way she'd be willing to comply, be cooperative, and help us get some real/usable data. Do society a favor and learn from this. Again, I'm not not letting her off the hook, but this is something that I believe needs to be studied extensively.

WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA!!!!!

edit: Looks like Prog Snob beat me to it.

I feel like a daycare center should have cameras everywhere, inside and out. If I was parent, and had a child in daycare, my mind would be at ease knowing that if I asked, I could see 8 straight hours of video surveillance of my child's every move within that building. I'm not saying it should be mandated by government, but I think it wouldn't be a bad move on the daycare's part. Think of the coming lawsuit over this, not to mention the fact that they probably just lost every client they had.
The instances of creepy old men (and I suppose women) sitting outside streaming the video feeds, or the employees uploading them to usenet for the enjoyment of other creepy old men (and I suppose women) would far, far outweigh the instances of molestation. I suppose one might be preferable to the other, but the uproar, outrage and cries for torture would be just the same.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
    • The Nerdy Millennial
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 12:36:23 PM »
What a bunch of bleeding-heart nonsense.  ugh   The problem with this country is that we are TOO soft on crime.  If there were harsher repercussions for a criminal's actions, you would undoubtedly see a drop in crime. However we subscribe to this nonsense that we should be understanding towards the criminal.  Forget that.  The punishment should fit the crime.  Would you be this understanding and compassionate towards the criminal if this perversion happened to your child?

I think Norway would like a word with you.
Check out my blog!

Offline Nick

• Call Kenny Loggins
  • Global Moderator
    • My Radio Show!
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 12:47:46 PM »

Have you actually read anything about victims of such things? The general consensus is whether it be life in prison, death penalty, whatever, it doesn't actually take away the sting of the crime or make it right for them.  Removing a danger from the street is fantastic, but it doesn't necessarily fix a damn thing.

And do you think that the person with the mindset to do this particular kind of crime is going to see the news about this, see that they were quartered and drawn and think to themselves, well gee, I'm certainly not going to do that now! Punishment can be a deterrent, but not much to those who don't fully understand the consequences of their actions or have some sort of imbalance that is causing them to act in a way so far from societies norms. And while it may feel pretty good short term to sacrifice your humanity for the sweet taste of vengeance I certainly don't see it benefiting society in the long term.

??? I didn't realize we never agreed.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »

Well, some would argue that decisions should be based on logic, not emotion, and there is a lot of truth in that, but I generally agree with you that far too many people in this country take the "let's go soft" on criminals approach. 

You don't want to waste taxpayer's money to put people like this in jail, so we should instead use that money to study every mentally ill person who commits a crime for something like that?  I get that a lot can be learned, but that would cost a fortune, likely way more than it would to just throw them in jail, so you probably don't want to use the taxpayer money cop-out to avoid throwing them in prison.

Offline Nick

• Call Kenny Loggins
  • Global Moderator
    • My Radio Show!
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 12:53:20 PM »
I don't want to go soft on anything. I want this person off the street and in jail for a very long time. But I don't want the life to be wasted there. If something can be learned from it I want it to be learned. If this person can somehow be helped, I want them to be helped.

Offline Prog Snob

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 12:58:20 PM »

Have you actually read anything about victims of such things? The general consensus is whether it be life in prison, death penalty, whatever, it doesn't actually take away the sting of the crime or make it right for them.  Removing a danger from the street is fantastic, but it doesn't necessarily fix a damn thing.

And do you think that the person with the mindset to do this particular kind of crime is going to see the news about this, see that they were quartered and drawn and think to themselves, well gee, I'm certainly not going to do that now! Punishment can be a deterrent, but not much to those who don't fully understand the consequences of their actions or have some sort of imbalance that is causing them to act in a way so far from societies norms. And while it may feel pretty good short term to sacrifice your humanity for the sweet taste of vengeance I certainly don't see it benefiting society in the long term.

So compassion, you feel, is the solution to these kind of crimes.  Let's study the mind of this person, waste a whole lot of funding on it instead of using it on something viable, and maybe release them back into society in hopes that their mind doesn't misfire again? 

This isn't about vengeance or fixing anything either.  It's the simple notion that the punishment should fit the crime.  There will always be deranged lunatics running around, but it makes me feel better knowing that we could possibly live in a system that knows how to rid society of these types of people. 

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • You can't spell "America" without "Erica"
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 01:03:37 PM »
Well, I don't think SD intended this to be a P/R topic, but apparently, mentioning Denmark confused Nick to the point he felt he had to move it.  Probably for the best, I suppose.   Carry on.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Prog Snob

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 01:05:34 PM »

Well, some would argue that decisions should be based on logic, not emotion, and there is a lot of truth in that, but I generally agree with you that far too many people in this country take the "let's go soft" on criminals approach. 

Don't get me wrong, Kev.  I think objectivity should be put into decisions like this.  I think it's the people who want "compassion" and "understanding" for the criminal are using more emotion than someone like me who thinks the death penalty or some kind of suitable punishment would be more effective.  Then again, my ideas on punishment are barbaric.  I would love to see public hangings again or impalings.  Why?  Because it would scare the shit out of people and while it wouldn't necessarily effect someone who is mentally insane, it would stop the regular people like you or myself for even considering maybe killing someone or some other heinous crime. 

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 01:06:12 PM »
Right, and this is about to go into the political section because this is why we need a f*cking  death penalty.  People like this should not be allowed to breathe.

Is murder a lesser crime than child molestation?

justice=/=punishment

The punishment should fit the crime.  Would you be this understanding and compassionate towards the criminal if this perversion happened to your child?

Say for the sake of argument that the lady in the article had a young child. By your logic, as punishment, we should let someone else molest that child, correct? The punishment couldn't possibly fit the crime better.

Also, I don't see anyone here being compassionate towards the monster. Some of us just don't see the benefit of ignoring the possibility to learn something about this, very obviously, sick person. Chino is most definitely on the right track, if we're looking at this from a perspective of, 'what's going to be best for society as a whole?'.

You on the other hand seem to be looking for revenge. Show me the statistics that show revenge deters crime.

I think Norway would like a word with you.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »

??? I didn't realize we never agreed.

:rollin

I read your name as Tick.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 01:10:18 PM »

Don't get me wrong, Kev.  I think objectivity should be put into decisions like this.  I think it's the people who want "compassion" and "understanding" for the criminal are using more emotion than someone like me who thinks the death penalty or some kind of suitable punishment would be more effective.  Then again, my ideas on punishment are barbaric.  I would love to see public hangings again or impalings.  Why?  Because it would scare the shit out of people and while it wouldn't necessarily effect someone who is mentally insane, it would stop the regular people like you or myself for even considering maybe killing someone or some other heinous crime. 
The flaw in your reasoning is that it just doesn't work like you think it would. China, Iran and Saudi Arabia (and for that matter us) prove that all the time. The US prison system isn't exactly humane, you know. Execution is a sure thing in China, yet they still have to implement it far more than any other country. Sharia nations are far more barbaric in their use of capital punishment, yet they still have to carry them out even more than we do.

Then you've got those old softies in Europe, who coddle their prisoners. Turns out that they've discovered rehabilitation can actually work. Quite frankly, I'd say that it's you who are basing decisions on emotion rather than logic.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 01:10:59 PM »

Explain how studying the crazies who commit these kinds of crimes, for the general knowledge of society, is 'going soft'? No one here is feeling sorry for this woman.

And show me the statistics that show the number of 'regular people like you or myself' that consider killing someone or raping a small child in a daycare. Of course, there are no such statistics. I can only speak for myself, and the 'regular' people that I know, but still remain confident that nearly all of us haven't ever considered committing murder. Prove me wrong.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 01:11:07 PM »
I was sexually abused by an older male cousin for a summer when I was 9. After reaching a point in my life where self medication had become a health hazard and really just needing to know 'why' I was the way I was as far as some habits and thought processes.....I sought counseling and learned a great deal about myself and actually the cousin who did tha to me.

Now...I have three young boys and I won't pretend to say that if I were to walk in and discover someone doing to them what was done to me I wouldn't kill them on the spot. Even as a Christian it's hard for me to imagine being able to get control over the embedded emotions of such a horrid thing and not just pummel whoever was doing that to my kids right then and there....if I were to discover it in the act.

But, if I were to learn that my kids suffered this horrible tragedy and someone was arrested and in jail for it.....certainly I'd be torn up and I'd expect my first visceral reaction would be to want to 'kill' that person who did it.  I don't think you'd find a parent out there who'd deny that. But I have to say where I'm at now as far as how I feel towards my cousin, who is still alive and dying of AIDS, is that I no longer hate him for what he did. I almost pity him. And I think after collecting myself and realizing the bigger picture I'd pity the person who did that to my kids as well.

Having discovered so much abut my own self in therapy on why I do the things I do, think...habits....my whole way of existing and coping....my life after 9 years old was me trying to teach myself how to overcome what had happened to me and survive. I look at my cousin and people like this who do these things to kids, and yes...I believe they are evil, no good SOB's that in a lot of cases deserve to hang. But I also can't help but wonder what happened to them to cause them to 'think' and 'live' the way they have. I don't think my cousin was the first link on the chain so to speak...what happened to him to make him decide he'd do those things to me?

What happen to this lady that led her to do these horrific things? It'd be easy and justifiable in my eyes to at the least lock her away never to see natural light again.....better yet hang her because I know the pain and lifelong issues she's caused. But there has to be an 'in between' of hanging her and Chino's suggestion of studying her head....otherwise. It's just going to keep on keeping on.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »
This isn't about vengeance

So punishment shouldn't be about emotion or vengeance; I agree with that...

Would you be this understanding and compassionate towards the criminal if this perversion happened to your child?

...not sure if you do, though....anyway,

This isn't about [...] fixing anything either.  It's the simple notion that the punishment should fit the crime.

What's the point of the punishment fitting anything if it's not about fixing anything? That's kind of arbitrary if you have no end goal at all in mind.

Offline Prog Snob

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 01:16:06 PM »

The punishment should fit the crime.  Would you be this understanding and compassionate towards the criminal if this perversion happened to your child?

Say for the sake of argument that the lady in the article had a young child. By your logic, as punishment, we should let someone else molest that child, correct? The punishment couldn't possibly fit the crime better.

Also, I don't see anyone here being compassionate towards the monster. Some of us just don't see the benefit of ignoring the possibility to learn something about this, very obviously, sick person. Chino is most definitely on the right track, if we're looking at this from a perspective of, 'what's going to be best for society as a whole?'.

You on the other hand seem to be looking for revenge. Show me the statistics that show revenge deters crime.

[/quote]

I can't even find the words... We should be "compassionate towards the monster"??   When, in this society, did we become more concerned about helping a criminal than ridding our society of said criminal?  It's thoughts like that which scare me because the more people that buy into such nonsense, the softer the repercussions will become.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 01:16:15 PM »

I'm not being soft at all. It's not like I'm arguing to make her take some tests and put them back on the streets. But letting that mind die and rot doesn't do good for anyone. You could argue that getting probed by scientists, day in and day out, for months on end, might actually be worse than having the opportunity to be a in prison. I'm not just saying this for the sake of disagreeing with you, but if that were my child, I'd be fighting for that brain to be picked until that lady couldn't stand it anymore. I'd be angry as shit if she got to spend the rest of her days hiding those secrets. Look at Sandy Hook, if that shooter had survived (glad I don't remember his name), wouldn't you want his brain analyzed? You don't think it would be good if we could find concrete evidence of certain brain wiring that leads to that kind of behavior? You argue that the scientific research would be more expensive than jail, and while that may be, isn't worth the cost if we can prevent this happening to kids in the future?

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2013, 01:17:42 PM »
This isn't about [...] fixing anything either.  It's the simple notion that the punishment should fit the crime.
What's the point of the punishment fitting anything if it's not about fixing anything? That's kind of arbitrary if you have no end goal at all in mind.

There is a goal though. It's making the criminal suffer exactly what suffering he dealt out. Like I said... Child molesters with kids ought to have those kids go through the same thing. They'll then, hopefully, suffer the same as the parents of their victims  ::)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2013, 01:17:56 PM »
I can't even find the words... We should be "compassionate towards the monster"??
Wrong. We should be more compassionate than the criminal.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2013, 01:19:26 PM »

The instances of creepy old men (and I suppose women) sitting outside streaming the video feeds, or the employees uploading them to usenet for the enjoyment of other creepy old men (and I suppose women) would far, far outweigh the instances of molestation. I suppose one might be preferable to the other, but the uproar, outrage and cries for torture would be just the same.

No wireless transmissions. Direct feed from the cameras into the DVR. Closed system.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2013, 01:21:41 PM »

I can't even find the words... We should be "compassionate towards the monster"??   When, in this society, did we become more concerned about helping a criminal than ridding our society of said criminal?  It's thoughts like that which scare me because the more people that buy into such nonsense, the softer the repercussions will become.
[/quote]

I'm not going to try to deal with the fucked up quotations up there ^^^^, so you're just going to have to try your best to follow me.

What I said was: "I DON'T SEE ANYONE HERE BEING COMPASSIONATE TOWARDS THE MONSTER." That DOES NOT mean: "People should be compassionate towards the monster." My statement was obviously in response to your claim that people were being compassionate in their arguments, as is clearly not the case.

You hardly need to say that you can't find the words, you've made that quite clear already.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2013, 01:22:19 PM »
There is a goal though. It's making the criminal suffer exactly what suffering he dealt out. Like I said... Child molesters with kids ought to have those kids go through the same thing. They'll then, hopefully, suffer the same as the parents of their victims  ::)

That's not an end goal. What will the suffering accomplish? Who does it benefit? I know this sounds contridictory, but punishment should benefit someone.  You could even say that it'll deter people from committing these acts (though that's up for debate). At least it's something and not, "I WANT THEM TO FEEL THE PAIN THEY DESERVE!"

I can't even find the words... We should be "compassionate towards the monster"??
Wrong. We should be more compassionate than the criminal.

Thank you. :tup If you have to kill someone to feel better, even if it's catharsis for a horrific crime, how does that make you any different than someone that gets a thrill out of killing someone?