Author Topic: Lolzeez's Top 50 Albums (v.2) v. IT'S OVER. FINALLY.  (Read 18730 times)

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
Re: Lolzeez's Top 50 Albums (v.2) v. Follow me down to the valley below
« Reply #245 on: January 14, 2014, 09:13:34 AM »
It's Invisible Touch.

Damn, I was hoping it would be We Can't Dance.
We Can't Dance has couple awesome songs imo. Fading Lights is one example.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
Re: Lolzeez's Top 50 Albums (v.2) v. You know this album. No need to chitchat.
« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2014, 02:50:08 PM »
Number 1 time! Thanks a lot for being along for the ride with me and I apologize that this list took so fucking long. This has been one of the busiest periods in my life so thanks a lot for sticking around. So,I guess it's time to reveal my number 1 favorite album of all time.

1.Adrenaline Mob - Omerta (2069)

Nah.

1.Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Love Beach (1789)

Dude,I can see Emerson's nuts.

1.Genesis - We Can't Dance (1991)

Jokes on you,I love couple tracks from this album.

1.Genesis - Abacab (1981)

Okay,I don't like that one at all besides the title track. NEXT.

1.Genesis - Invisible Touch (1986)

I ain't even mad.

Nope,not even a little.

No more jokes.

It's time to get serious.

1.Genesis - Selling England By The Pound (1973)

Orgasm (from Greek οργασμός orgasmos, from organ to mature, swell, also sexual climax) is the sudden discharge of accumulated sexual tension during the sexual response cycle, resulting in rhythmic muscular contractions in the pelvic region characterized by sexual pleasure. Experienced by males and females, orgasms are controlled by the involuntary or autonomic nervous system. They are often associated with other involuntary actions, including muscular spasms in multiple areas of the body, a general euphoric sensation and, frequently, body movements and vocalizations are expressed. The period after orgasm (known as a refractory period) is often a relaxing experience, attributed to the release of the neurohormones oxytocin and prolactin, as well as endorphins. It can also be experienced by listening to the album "Selling England By The Pound" by Genesis.

In all seriousness,this is THE album that I listen to when I'm just not feeling good. This album gives me hope in life. If something as perfect as this exists then there's still hope in people. This is just an amazing experience. This is the best experience in my 16 years of life. Listening to this album and Nursery Cryme at the age of 4 along with a touch of Misplaced Childhood was as good as life ever got for me. I was listening to Genesis and making epic battles with Legos and action figures. Dancing With The Moonlit Knight is the perfect way to open up an album. The folky intro is beautifully sung by the voice of Peter Gabriel,the man who has touched my heart than any other human. Seeing him live in 2003 was amazing and he has a huge role in my life. Even though he's not as active in studio anymore,I know that he still has it. He is a genious. But what about the rest of the band? What about the amazing melodic guitar playing of Steve Hackett? Or what about the excellent harmonics provided by Tony Banks. The grooves of Phil Collins or the great bass playing/rhythm guitar of Mike Rutherford? This is the best lineup music has ever seen. The balance of this music is mind blowing. Want a nice short pop song? Check out the groovy and catchy "I Know What I Like". Want a prog epic? The Cinema Show is always there for you. But to me,the best thing on this album is the mind blowing perfection that is Firth Of Fifth. That piano intro is beautiful I don't know what they were smoking when they ditched it live during the Collins era. The guitar solo to me it the best freaking thing to come out of a guitar. That…sound is just unmatched. It's not the most complex or technical solo but it's the most "complete" one I have heard. That's a good way to describe this album. "Complete". The album doesn't leave you hungry after it's done. It doesn't get you bored 15 minutes in. It flows perfectly. Selling England By The Pound is an hour that you will never forg

et. An hour that you can escape to when you're not doing too fine. An hour that will take you to that secret place where you can do whatever you want. This album is just perfection.

Favorite Track:Firth Of Fifth
Genre:Progressive Rock

Once again,thanks for being so patient with updates. It really means a lot to me that you gave a crap about some 16 year old's favorite albums.

Albums that might make the list in the future (Things I'm digging a lot in the past 12 months)

Deafheaven - Sunbather
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Anyone biased,listen to this with an open mind.)
Joanna Newsom - Ys
Spiritiualized - Ladies And Gentleman,We're Floating In Space
Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing
Swans - The Seer

See you guys later!  :metal

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Lolzeez's Top 50 Albums (v.2) v. IT'S OVER. FINALLY.
« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2014, 07:43:18 PM »
let's see, you did a v2 roughly one year after your first list.  AND ONLY 11 ALBUMS ARE STILL IN YOUR TOP 50!!!  That is amazing turnover for a favorites list.  Only 4 of your previous top 10 are still in your top 50 at all!
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
Re: They see me trollin'...
« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2014, 07:53:13 PM »
A-Mob is a great choice for number one.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2014, 07:58:54 PM »
How anyone could like that dying cat, Joanna Newsom is beyond me.

Carry on...

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2014, 08:02:10 PM »
Certainly a worthy #1 album. Selling England is a fantastic piece of music. And I totally agree that the early Genesis line-up is the best of all time.

Great pick  :tup

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2014, 08:07:22 PM »
Well done - I won't pretend to know or like a number of albums on that list but your diversity of musical taste (and detailed analysis) at 16yo is pretty mindblowing.  :tup
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #252 on: January 20, 2014, 09:19:30 PM »
Selling England is terrific. The Firth of Fifth solo has to be one of the best solos in history. :hefdaddy

Excellent list overall. Even though most of it I've never heard yet. Makes me realize how few I really know. :lol

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #253 on: January 21, 2014, 07:39:43 AM »
let's see, you did a v2 roughly one year after your first list.  AND ONLY 11 ALBUMS ARE STILL IN YOUR TOP 50!!!  That is amazing turnover for a favorites list.  Only 4 of your previous top 10 are still in your top 50 at all!
I don't like including albums in my top 50 right when I heard them. I prefer including them after at least a year. (Besides Ecailles De Lune.) That and I also decided not to have more than one album per artist.

How anyone could like that dying cat, Joanna Newsom is beyond me.

Carry on...
Give her more listens. Her music JUST clicked with me.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #254 on: January 21, 2014, 07:50:47 AM »
Excellent, awesome, brilliant #1!!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #255 on: January 21, 2014, 09:26:50 AM »
An absolutely amazing album at number one, my friend. Well done, I enjoyed the list. In fact, you might have the best top 5 I've seen on here so far.  :tup

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #256 on: January 21, 2014, 12:08:48 PM »
I don't like including albums in my top 50 right when I heard them. I prefer including them after at least a year. (Besides Ecailles De Lune.) That and I also decided not to have more than one album per artist.
Well, that sounds logical. I'm going to wait until I have enough bands I still actively listen to so I can make a top 50 with the "one album per artist" method.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #257 on: January 21, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »
Great top pick, and I really enjoyed following this!

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #258 on: January 21, 2014, 03:11:20 PM »
Thanks everyone!  :metal
An absolutely amazing album at number one, my friend. Well done, I enjoyed the list. In fact, you might have the best top 5 I've seen on here so far.  :tup
Was it predictable this time?  :rollin

But yeah,you were right,my v1 was pretty predictable.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2014, 03:54:50 PM »
Was it predictable this time?  :rollin
Not this time.  ;)