Author Topic: Top 20 Breaking Bad Episodes v. I'm back...with a vengeance. *SPOILERS*  (Read 21740 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Sounds like it's time to take a personal day at work.. :lol :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Three seasons down....two to go.

Dang Jesse....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
"Run."

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
"Run."

That was an awesome moment!

I get the sense from the 'fly' episode that Walter really wants to tell Jesse the truth about Jane....but I have a feeling if he does it's not going to be good. He will either be a dick about it being that he already treats Jesse like crap or he will try to do it nicely and Jesse won't have anything to do with that approach and just get ticked.

Still curious as to how Hank is going to tie back into all of this.

This money launderimg debacle...how to do it....is seeming more and more like the avenue that's gonna bring Walter down for some reason. It was/is a big topic right now with competing ways of execution.

This truly is a great series.

Offline faizoff

I think just reading your posts is now making me go rewatch the series for the 5th or 6th time. You're already seeing how the series is evolving between seasons, it just keeps getting more and more intense as the show progresses.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
My brother tells me that the 4th season is 'brutal' in his words. I'm gonna have to wait until this weekend to start it because I'm simply losing too much sleep at this point. It's impossible for me to watch an episode or two. I think the least I've watched in a row during one sitting so far has been (5).

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

I get the sense from the 'fly' episode that Walter really wants to tell Jesse the truth about Jane....but I have a feeling if he does it's not going to be good. He will either be a dick about it being that he already treats Jesse like crap or he will try to do it nicely and Jesse won't have anything to do with that approach and just get ticked.

Hmmm, I got the sense, more of less, that Walt almost admitted the Jane thing because he was so out of it thanks to the drug Jesse gave him, making it almost slip out by accident.

This truly is a great series.

The greatest.  :tup :tup

My brother tells me that the 4th season is 'brutal' in his words. I'm gonna have to wait until this weekend to start it because I'm simply losing too much sleep at this point. It's impossible for me to watch an episode or two. I think the least I've watched in a row during one sitting so far has been (5).

Not sure brutal is how I would describe Season 4, but while the first half of the season is great, the latter half of it is simply out of this world amazing.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Hmmm, I got the sense, more of less, that Walt almost admitted the Jane thing because he was so out of it thanks to the drug Jesse gave him, making it almost slip out by accident.

Oh, I agree the sleeping pills had something to do with it. But in that moment I think that Walt was unguarded...even emotionally. He had been describing that 'perfect moment' he wished he had died...and I think the reflection on that made him realize that had he died and not went to the house then Jane wouldn't have died (that night)....and he wouldn't have ever crossed that line he's been unable to go back across. Walt definitely changed in that moment that he watched Jane die....so, I do think he was sincere in his apology to Jesse even if it was a drug induced one.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm gonna have to wait until this weekend to start it because I'm simply losing too much sleep at this point. It's impossible for me to watch an episode or two.

I lied. Just watched first two of season 4.

WTF Gus? Poor Victor. I guess with him being seen at the scene Gus was being cautious and sending a message?

Curious as to if the 'lab notebook' will come into play? You'd figure it'd be found by authorities.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Ah yes, Gus killing Victor.  I love those "holy crap, did that really just happen?" moments. :tup :tup

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
(2) Episodes to go in Season 4....the last one I watched last night...err...this morning? was when Walt was going to make him and his family disappear only to find out Skylar has given Ted $620k

I find myself starting to really dislike Walter and am cheering for pretty much all the other characters. Despite coming off as a good off jack leg, Hank is a really good Cop and has basically figured it all out....he just needs something to tie it all together. I'm not a big fan of how Walt treats Jesse. I 'understand' that Walt is an very intelligent person and probably looks down on Jesse a bit but he doesn't have to be such a Dick....and now his treatment of Jesse has kind of come back and bit him in the butt. But yet...at least thus far...Jesse still remains loyal and is the only reason Walt isn't dead. Kind of ironic being that the only reason Gus didn't kill Jesse was because of Walt.

Mike is awesome, so is Saul and I even like Gus who even in the face of having things seemingly start to crumble around him he's formulated a plan, executed it and is now still on top.

Gonna definitely hammer out the last two of season 4 tonight and probably get 2 or 3 episodes into the final season before my body makes me go to sleep.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I love how Gomez is always quick to shoot down Hank's theories, which usually turn out to be right. :lol :lol

I never disliked Walt, even when he was doing thing that could have made him unlikable.  His treatment of Jesse is interesting.  He definitely treats him like an idiot at times, but he genuinely cares about him (notice his concern for how Jesse was doing following Gale's murder).  I think in Walt's mind, he wants Jesse to know his place.  Jesse always insists that they are 50/50 partners, but in Walt's mind, his formula and savviness is why they are now rich, and Jesse should be grateful and know his place, so when Jesse gets a little big for his britches, Walt has to smack him down and keep him in what he thinks is his place.  Now, saying that Jesse should go to Mexico and wind up in a barrel somewhere was an awful thing to say, but, in that moment, Walt felt betrayed, like Jesse was starting to side with Gus over him.  Not justifying a remark like that, but saying where it probably came from.

Also, the end of Crawl Space, with Walt laughing hysterically in the crawl space, is still a moment that gives me goosebumps every time I watch it.  That literally made me say wow out loud the first time I saw it. :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Only four episodes to go.....will finish it off tomorrow, I'm too tired to even try to discuss the last seven episodes I watched, so much awesomeness.

Offline MirrorMask

I didn't see it mentioned recently so far - but since everyone, more or less, is recounting the awesome moments, let me remember Face Off, and the scene where Gus walks into the retirement house.

The music is AMAZING. From the moment Gus gets the call in his office and especially when he descends from the car and walks alone into the house, this stops to be a TV show and becomes a western movie of epic proportions.

The music is a sendoff to Gus, he's the villain but a kind of villain we loved, you know he's finished and the music is waving goodbye to him while with his steady resolve and his icy glare walks into the trap Walter had for him. We don't know yet what's gonna happen (at least I didn't know - don't know what the general consensus on the scene was, I sincerely didn't figure out Walter's plan, I found it out right the moment Gus did), but we know it's Gus' last. And it's a wonderful scene, one that makes you feel for the villain.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I wouldn't say I felt sorry for Gus - I couldn't wait for Walt to finally get over on him and take him out - but I agree that the music is amazing.  In fact, I can't think of a better use of music on the show. I love how as the scene goes from Gus walking to showing him entering the room and the music segue ways into just a pounding drum that gives you an erie case of foreboding. Totally awesome.

I still can't believe how awesome the end of Season 4 is.  From Hermanos to Face Off is the most ridiculous run of episodes in television history.  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
DONE! I completely understand the love for this series now. Such a great show! I've got to really decompress from this now and take it all in

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Did you actually watch ALL of Breaking Bad within a week? :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Did you actually watch ALL of Breaking Bad within a week? :lol

No, it was 2 weeks on the nose.  That took dedication, and a few LATE nights.  :lol    Glad to have it out of the way, such a cool show. So much great writing and acting.

Offline MirrorMask

How did you feel at the final scene when Baby Blue started? when the screen went black I had a big smile on my face and I gestured an applause to the screen. Such a fitting and satisfying ending.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
How did you feel at the final scene when Baby Blue started? when the screen went black I had a big smile on my face and I gestured an applause to the screen. Such a fitting and satisfying ending.

Perfect song for the moment, because Walt truly got what he deserved. I was smiling because it really was a perfect ending to a series.

Offline faizoff

Kudos on finishing the series. Just imagine the torture those who saw the last half of the finale season live went through. Every week was a huge pain in the ass to have to wait for. It's honestly one of the most satisfying shows I've watched with one of the best ending imaginable.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MirrorMask

Indeed, I still consider Breaking Bad having the best series finale of anything I've seen so far.

(Scrubs would come close as a second however).

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
To me, the finales of Breaking Bad and Six Feet Under are neck and neck for best ever (BB is the best show ever, while 6FU is top 5 for me).

Yeah, Walt got what he deserved, but he was still easy to root for until the end (largely because Jack and especially Todd were so much worse). 

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, Walt got what he deserved, but he was still easy to root for until the end (largely because Jack and especially Todd were so much worse).

I've been really thinking about this. Because honestly, I was really bothered at Walt's transformation. Initially I was 'on his side' so to speak, but as 'Hisenberg' grew....I came to enjoy the supporting cast of characters more than Walt. I liked, Gus....LOVED Mike...I found Hank to be awesome. Never really cared for Skylar one way or the other. I think that actress did a fine job but that character never did anything for me. I wavered back and forth on Jesse at times but was 'on his side' for pretty much the last two seasons. He really was not that smart...but then at times he was. I mean he came up with two of the best ideas on the show....steal the Methlamyne from the train and lure Walt out of hiding by threatening his money and at the same time had so many chances to just get out of it all together but didn't. BYW...him having to watch Brocks mom get murdered....BRUTAL!!!  :omg:   

But for me, Walt's ego began to get to me. I've always had a chip on my shoulder when it comes to 'cocky' personalities and near the end that's where Walt's 'Hisenberg' ended up. He was certainly smart, crafty and to be feared but something just rubbed me the wrong way about him and I think it was essentially what Mike said to him right before Walt killed him. They all had a good thing going, making a ton of money in a 'safe' manner with really no worries but Walt's ego tore it all down. BUT...that's what I loved about the last episode. When Walt finally realized that he wasn't doing all that for his family...he did it because he enjoyed the power and control. I liked that he saved Jesse after spending the better part of two years just treating the dude like $hit.

Oh yeah...Hank getting killed was just a brutal scene as well. his last words to Walt about him being the smartest man I know, the tone of the way he said it was endearing actually....because he wasn't an idiot either and I'm sure he pieced it together that it all kind of got away from Walt, so he knew Walt still loved him as he pleaded for his life yet knew he was a dead man...so when he addressed Walt his tone changed and it was calm and endearing....such a well done scene but heck....you could say that for basically every scene in that show  :lol

That song selection and first line of 'Guess I Got What I Deserved' was just so perfect. In the end it was good to see Walt orchestrate his own demise while taking down the remainder of the 'loose' ends. Poisoning Lydia, killing all the Nazi gang dudes....essentially assuring that his kids will actually be taken care of with the 'grant' money....it was cool to see.

I think this may be the first time something that I was late to the party on that had been hyped so much actually lived up to and exceeded expectations.

Now I'm just curious about Better Call Saul and how many more seasons they'll go with that....where they'll leave off/lead into?

And, could they ever pull off a spin off of what ever came of Jesse Pinkman or would that ruin that special, uniqueness of the finale episode? Is it better left to speculation or could they catch lightning in a bottle again?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
...and...I'm assuming that Saul used the 'vacuum relocation' guy because he was ears deep in Walt's business and was just trying to avoid the fallout from that? It wasn't that he feared for his life from Walt? Or both?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I think once the shit hit the fan with Walt being outed (following him taking Holly), Saul knew the jig was up and it was only a matter of time before his connection was discovered by the feds, so best to err on the side of caution rather than wait and see.

Yes, everything Mike said to Walt in their last convo was true, but I think the whole Gray Matter backstory did a great job of explaining why Walt's pride often controlled his actions.  I really think it was more about pride than ego (although ego was definitely a part of it).

I think it was brilliant writing that Hank went to his grave knowing that Walt was willing to give up all of his money just to save his life.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Yes, everything Mike said to Walt in their last convo was true, but I think the whole Gray Matter backstory did a great job of explaining why Walt's pride often controlled his actions.  I really think it was more about pride than ego (although ego was definitely a part of it).

You know...I think you're more on point with this. Walt's Pride was a centerpiece of the story line. But as I mentioned....there was a run there when he was full on Heisenberg...especially after they met and included Jack and Todd where his character really got to me. And they did a great job of creating an atmosphere around the Jack/Todd crew that even early on you knew they were going to be major trouble. 

I think it was brilliant writing that Hank went to his grave knowing that Walt was willing to give up all of his money just to save his life.

It really was. One of my favorite scenes of the entire series.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
There was a collective roar and fist pump from the entire BB universe when Jesse killed Todd.  Todd had to die, and Jesse had to be the one to do it.

Also, the scene near the end of Ozymandia when Walt realizes that he needs to give Holly because she keeps saying momma, that was unscripted. The baby's real mom was on the set just off camera, so the baby is calling for her real momma, and Walt's reaction was totally improvised on the spot by Cranston.  I love that.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Also, the scene near the end of Ozymandia when Walt realizes that he needs to give Holly because she keeps saying momma, that was unscripted. The baby's real mom was on the set just off camera, so the baby is calling for her real momma, and Walt's reaction was totally improvised on the spot by Cranston.  I love that.

That's cool.

Offline MirrorMask

Best example, show-wise, of Walt's ego: the "Say my name" cold opening. That was badass.

Worst example: when he JUST DID NOT SHUT UP when Hank was figuring that Gale was Heisenberg, because he just could not let someone else take the merit for his action. I was almost shouting at the screen, "What the hell are you doing? shut up! just shut up!!!", Gale was the perfect fall guy but NO, Walt couldn't live with the idea of someone else being outed as Heisenberg, he had to say to Hank that Gale was just a follower. So stupid on his part.

And I agree about Hank's death being masterfully done. The scene, the dialogue, everything was top notch and one of the best dramatic moments of television.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
1. Ozymandias