Author Topic: Top 20 Breaking Bad Episodes v. I'm back...with a vengeance. *SPOILERS*  (Read 21744 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Top 20 Breaking Bad Episodes v. I'm back...with a vengeance. *SPOILERS*
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2014, 10:20:05 PM »
The Lily of the Valley reveal is quite possibly the greatest moment from a series that had a staggering number of great moments. 

This episode would probably be number 2 if I did a list of the best BB episodes.  It was the perfect culmination to the Walt/Gus arc.  Just masterful.   :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2015, 04:07:03 PM »
Would you guys be interested if i finish this? I completely forgot about it.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2015, 07:12:56 PM »
Would you guys be interested if i finish this? I completely forgot about it.
Go for it bud!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2015, 08:45:18 AM »
The Lily of the Valley reveal is quite possibly the greatest moment from a series that had a staggering number of great moments. 
Definitely my favourite moment of the entire show.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2015, 08:46:55 AM »
Definitely my favourite moment of the entire show.

Yeah. That was definitely a top-3 moment

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2015, 09:40:45 AM »
#3. Salud (Season 4)

"Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!"

What a fantastic one. There's so much that happens in this one and it will always remain one of my favorites. Jesse, along with Gus and Mike head to Mexico to go cook in the awesome dirty ass super lab. The head guy there mocks Jesse in Spanish for not knowing simple things but Jesse calls him out and he responds in English. Jesse then takes control and shows the man who's boss. I love this because Gus and Mike almost manage to crack smiles. They are actually really impressed with Jesse. It's almost like there was some Walt in him right there, controlling, bossy, direct. It turns out that Jesse's batch of meth is way better than the other guys could have possibly dreamed of making, however it's still not quite as pure as Walt's. They then celebrate and say it's going to be the first of many. Jesse is confused and realizes they want him to stay. Later, Mike tells Jesse they are either all staying, or going back to the U.S. Also, we get to see more of Ted's dumbass. Skyler finds a way to get Ted to pay off that debt he really needs to be paying off. So she and Saul do some planning. Saul brings Ted into the office and tells him that his long-lost Great Aunt had left him a little over six hundred thousand dollars, awfully close to what he owes. Oblivious to logic, he goes and gets a a fucking car and tells Skyler the business is opening back up. Skyler then tells Ted the truth. Idiot. Meanwhile, Walt Jr., in his badass new cruiser, heads over to his dad's house. Walt looks like a mess, after getting his ass kicked by Jesse, he's sitting at the house in his underwear. Walt then breaks down in front of his son, claiming that it was all his fault. Of course at this point, Jr. is still oblivious to what's really going on. Jr. then puts his dad to bed, and Walt then softly says "Jesse". I kinda felt bad right here because Walt Jr. just doesn't even know, and also it kinda looks as if Walt views Jesse as a son, as he spends a ton of time with him. The next day, Walt apologizes to Jr., who had stayed the night. He tells his son that he doesn't want him to remember him this way, in such a low state. Jr. then tells his dad that he actually would rather see him this way than how he had been before, because he actually looks "real".
In the last portion of this episode, Gus, Jesse, and Mike are taken to Don Eladio's residence. Gus has nothing but revenge in his mind right now. Don Eladio meets Jesse and is impressed by the results of his batch. They all celebrate, as Gus offers Don Eladio a gift, tequila. Don Eladio looks a bit suspicious, because he's receiving a gift from the man he put through hell when he killed his partner back in the day. It turns out the tequila was poisoned, so all the people that consumed it, Gus, Don Eladio and all his henchmen, are fucked. Luckily, Gus gets a good bit of it out of his system when he goes to the bathroom and forces himself to vomit. He comes out, and Don Eladio knows what he has done. Mike strangles Gaff, which was badass. After all of them are dead, Gus, poisoned, yells and threatens the rest of them. They then leave. On the way out, Mike is shot in the stomach, but they all manage to make it out alive, thanks to Jesse.

Favorite Scene: Gus avenging his past partner's death. The way he did it was fucking classy. No bullets needed, just kill him internally. This was Gus's best moment, I think. He has always been one of my favorite characters and this was his best episode to me.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:04:19 AM by FlyingBIZKIT »

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2015, 02:10:46 PM »
Have you seen any Better Call Saul, Biscuit?
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2015, 02:12:35 PM »
Part of the pilot episode. How is it?

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2015, 02:14:08 PM »

Better than BB season 1.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2015, 02:48:45 PM »
Rly?

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2015, 03:17:31 PM »
In my opinion, it is. I don't know if it has as high a ceiling though.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2015, 03:24:35 PM »
This episode is top 5 for me too.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2015, 02:48:32 AM »

Better than BB season 1.

In my opinion, it is. I don't know if it has as high a ceiling though.

Yo. 

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2015, 11:10:26 PM »
#2. Crawl Space (Season 4)

"Skyler, WHERE IS THE MONEY?!"

Just thinking about this episode gives me chills. The beginning of this episode is basically the aftermath of Salud, where Gus and Mike are being taken to Gus's doctors by Jesse. They only seem to care about giving Gus the medical help since he is the one paying the doctors. Jesse does not approve, considering him and Mike have a bro thing going on. Later, Gus tells Jesse he is impressed with his work and that he is capable of running a lab by himself, meaning that Walt is completely out of the picture. Jesse tells Gus if he kills Walt, he will not cook. Period. Meanwhile, lame ass Ted is giving Skyler a very hard time, as he still will not use the money she gave him. She obviously only wants him to do this so she can keep her nose out of trouble, considering that if Ted is investigated, she will be too, revealing details that should not be revealed. Soon after, Hank tells Walt that he has more leads on his huge investigation, and he asks Walt to drive him to the laundry facility. We all know Walt is a great liar,  :yeahright, but Hank doesn't let up. So Walt goes the extra mile and swerves into another vehicle as they approach the laundry facility. This postpones the investigation for Hank, as his neck is surrounded by a brace and he eats yogurt. Later, Saul sends his goons to Ted's house, basically forcing him to write the check. They plan to stay there until the check clears. Ted tries to escape but trips on his shitty ass rug and dives headfirst into a cabinet. Oranges fall on him. Funny. Walt heads to the lab and notices Jesse had been cooking on his own. Walt then goes to Jesse's house and tells him not to cook because if Walt is "useless", he will be murdered. Jesse, angered, responds saying that Walt is a risk because of Hank, and that he keeps getting close to revealing them. Tyrus then tazes Walt and is kidnapped and taken to the desert. Gus knows that Hank is becoming a threat and then threatens to kill Walt's entire family, including his daughter, if he were to interfere. We always knew Gus had some bad spirits in him, but damn, he is taking it too far. He is willing to kill someone's entire family. This is where one of the most intense moments of the show begins. Walt panics and calls Saul and tells him that he needs the disappear dude ASAP, he also needs to inform the DEA that there is a hit on Hank,  and that he wants to ensure the safety of his entire family,. Saul says it will cost at least half a million dollars. Walt scrambles back to his home and goes into the crawlspace only to find out that the money he needs is gone. Skyler nervously tells him that she gave it to Ted. Walt screams, and starts crying. Suddenly his cries turn into laughs. The phone rings, and it's Marie, and she's terrified. Skyler talks to her. Walt is shown lying in the crawlspace, as if he almost looks dead.

Favorite Scene: The end. Everything about this scene is uncomfortable. Walt's screams. His crying, his laughing. The music that is being played. It scared me when I first saw it, and this was my favorite scene of anything film related, ever, at this point. I don't know if I've ever gotten chills this bad when watching something. It's surreal. At this point, you just know Walt is completely fucked because he cannot leave.  It's very symbolic in a way because it almost seems as if this is where Walt really died. The rest of him throughout the show is Heisenberg. The way the episode ended with it just zooming out was so haunting. Perfect.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2015, 06:57:04 AM »
Love that laughing. One of my single favorite moments in the entire series.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #155 on: April 11, 2016, 01:46:27 PM »
So, I just realized I never posted my #1. :-\

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2016, 02:49:16 AM »
do it

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2016, 03:38:10 PM »
Okay, sometime this week. :corn

Offline jimbosile

Any danger of this being finished?

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Slowest moving top whatever thread ever :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
Guys read my last post I said sometime this week :lol

I don't post much on the forum anymore and completely forgot about this. It will give me incentive to watch my favorite BB episode and do a write up on it. I'm sure the choice is obvious!

Also I was hoping half life 3 would be out by now

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
inb4 Ozymandias then :corn
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Here ya go:

20. Grilled
19. Confessions
18. Phoenix
17. Full Measure
16. Blood Money
15. 4 Days Out
14. Salud
13. Say My Name
12. I See You
11. Hermanos
10. Sunset
09. Dead Freight
08. End Times
07. Better Call Saul
06. One Minute
05. Felina
04. Crawl Space
03. Half Measures
02. Face Off
01. Ozymandias

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
:tup

Beyond Ozymandias for my own personal #1, I have no idea how I would rank the rest. There were so many fantastic episodes in the entire series and so many moments that made me go 'Whoaaaah!' that I'll have to rewatch them in order to get some idea of how to rank them.
Squ

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
I'm (5) episodes in. If i can watch three a night it should only take me 20 days to watch the series. Reallly enjoying it thus far....I can't wait to watch these characters and story grow.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
:tup

Beyond Ozymandias for my own personal #1, I have no idea how I would rank the rest. There were so many fantastic episodes in the entire series and so many moments that made me go 'Whoaaaah!' that I'll have to rewatch them in order to get some idea of how to rank them.

I kind of spitballed that list off the top of my head while glancing over the episodes on wikipedia, although that top 5 would pretty much be set in stone.

I'm (5) episodes in. If i can watch three a night it should only take me 20 days to watch the series. Reallly enjoying it thus far....I can't wait to watch these characters and story grow.

:tup :tup

Sidenote: the cold intro of the 6th episode of Season 1 is in the conversation for "Best Breaking Bad Cold Intro."  No one does foreshadowing better than Vince Gilligan. :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Just hammered out six straight hours! Through the first two seasons. I'm going to bed

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Nice.

Pretty awesome, isn't it?

And it just keeps getting better!!

Also, in case you didn't catch which episodes had the cold openings featuring the foreshadowing of the plane crash, they were titled:

Seven Thirty-Seven
Down
Over
ABQ

How cool is that?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice.

Pretty awesome, isn't it?

And it just keeps getting better!!

Also, in case you didn't catch which episodes had the cold openings featuring the foreshadowing of the plane crash, they were titled:

Seven Thirty-Seven
Down
Over
ABQ

How cool is that?

Yeah. This show is great. Needless to say the acting is top noch, the foreshadowing and ways everything ties together is executed so perfectly.....small example is in the same episode Jimmy compares Walter to Don Corleone....Walter has no idea whom that is....then later Walter and family get the news of his remission and Hank quotes The Godfather movie of 'Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in'

Small things like that happening all over. I find it odd that I'm ticked off at Skylar for kicking Walt out despite Walt essentially deserving it.....yet it's pretty clear she's been laying the foundation of a grade A affair with her old boss (love interest?)

It's strange seeing Saul after learning about his character from BCS before ever watching BB. Can't describe how that feels yet? Gus and Mike seem the exact same obviously but Jimmy has definitely changed.

Anyway....still (42) episodes to go.....season 3 starts tonight around 9:30.  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I think Walt knew who Vito Corleone was; he was just taken aback at the comparison (since Vito was a man amongst men, while Walt is still pretty small time at that point in time).

BTW, when Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul because of Badger's arrest, Saul immediately thinks they were sent by someone else, and the name he says is Nacho's real name (cannot remember the exact name, but I know it is him).  Just something to think about...

Jane's death remains, to me, one of the most shocking in the history of TV dramas.  And yet when you go back and watch the build-up, it seems so obvious that it was coming.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Jane's death was to me a turning point in Walt's character. The fact he didn't (try to) save her is a really Heisenberg thing to do. It was definitely a sad scene, especially since Jesse is such a likeable person.

And Nacho's real name is Ignacio :)
Squ

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I agree about Janes death and that was a defining moment for Walt. His initial 'Walt' reaction was to save her but when he realized her dying would protect him...well.

Also, the fact that Jane told Jesse to lay on his side in case he threw up was great foreshadowing again...and the fact that Walt is the one who basically flipped her on her back when he was trying to arouse Jesse was creepy also.

My wife just took the boys to the in laws...she's gonna be gone a couple hours so it looks like season.3 is about to begin  :tup

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Just rattled off the first 9 episodes of season 3. You can accomplish so much when there are no kids in the house.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Impressive. :tup :tup

You might beat my record. Back in the summer of '13, I blew through Seasons 1-5a in less than two weeks.  For those 10-11 days, if I was home and awake, I was watching Breaking Bad. I literally could not stop watching.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Impressive. :tup :tup

You might beat my record. Back in the summer of '13, I blew through Seasons 1-5a in less than two weeks.  For those 10-11 days, if I was home and awake, I was watching Breaking Bad. I literally could not stop watching.

I have a ton to do this week so it's TBD to see if I can keep this pace up.  :lol I WANT to, just don't know if its realistic.