Author Topic: Null  (Read 205 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Head Judge of the Peanut Gallery
Null
« on: February 08, 2021, 05:20:11 PM »
So, Null showed up in my Release Radar on Spotify this week. They were towards the end of the playlist and I almost stopped before I got to them. I was about to click out when I thought..what the hell, give it a shot.

WOW! I'm glad I did. Holy shit, this is a great new album.

https://open.spotify.com/album/5mriDeZzkJxUopiumw4hTC?si=RfgG7PxgTU6v4bEPf5zA0Q
https://nullblackmetal.bandcamp.com/album/hiraeth

Hiraeth is a DOUBLE CD, as is their debut, 2019's Lore Of A Sleeping Forest.

I've been listening to Hiraeth for a couple of days now, and I'm amazed. Their sound is atmospheric, reflective, a little folky, black metal vocals (some cleans) that I can handle, and great compositions. The band gets nice and heavy too.

I don't know anything about them, but I ordered both double CDs from Bandcamp. I would've purchased the downloads but each CD comes with a booklet and I am interested in that.

Here's the title track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6WMMljRNZs

A great track..Discovery:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoC9lNFLn5g
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    • My Last.fm Profile......finally
Re: Null
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 07:29:44 PM »
Sounds good dude. I've added the new album to my '2021 releases' playlist  :metal

I'll hopefully report back before the day is through.

Offline Puppies_On_Acid

• We are all one spark
  • Eyes full of wonder
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 09:40:33 PM »
I still need to get to this album. I've listened to Lore of a Sleeping Forest and thought it was good. Hoping this one is just as good, if not better.  :metal
"Itís time to leave the land from which I grew. I let you go. Itís time to leave the land from which I knew. Iíll let you go."
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Parama is
absu is god-tier compared to this

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 10:52:16 PM »
I listened to the first song. It is excellent musically, but shame about the growly vocals. I will check out more by them when I have the chance.

Offline wolfking

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 03:45:01 AM »
I sampled the first album when you pimped it Tim.  It sounded good, I'll have to make some time to check them out again.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 04:28:23 AM »
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought this was a thread made my mistake and with the word "null" meaning it should be deleted   :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    • My Last.fm Profile......finally
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 05:11:13 AM »
This album is pretty good so far (I'm about 2/3rds of the way through) but I'm not sure how often I'd revisit this album, being that it's nearly 2 hours long!

I like to listen to albums all the way through the majority of the time, and this is quite an undertaking.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 07:07:55 PM »
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought this was a thread made my mistake and with the word "null" meaning it should be deleted   :lol

:lol

This album is pretty good so far (I'm about 2/3rds of the way through) but I'm not sure how often I'd revisit this album, being that it's nearly 2 hours long!

I like to listen to albums all the way through the majority of the time, and this is quite an undertaking.

Yeah, there's a lot to chew on.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 07:31:42 PM »
Got my CDs today!! :metal :metal

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #9 on: Today at 06:38:37 AM »
Listening now and I have to say, while I wasn't sure I'd appreciate how long the album is, it really is some fantastic, extremely melodic folk/black(ish) metal and there's enough variety of sounds and ideas to keep it interesting.

I'll give their first album a listen at some point too.

Thanks for the recommendation Tim!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #10 on: Today at 07:41:58 AM »
So, Null showed up in my Release Radar on Spotify this week. They were towards the end of the playlist and I almost stopped before I got to them. I was about to click out when I thought..what the hell, give it a shot.

WOW! I'm glad I did. Holy shit, this is a great new album.

Yet another almost illegible logo!  :) :)

I LOVED the intro to Hiraeth, and when the main riff came in at about 1:15, I was like "yeah, TAC!"    Then the vocals came in.  Nope.  Just can't do it.