Author Topic: Taylor Swift  (Read 80 times)

Snow Dog and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
Taylor Swift
« on: December 03, 2020, 08:26:53 PM »
I don't know where to put this so I'll start a thread.  Just watched the "Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions" on Disney+. 

Holy crap.  Really good.  REALLY good.   Her, Aaron Dessner (from The National), Justin (from Bon Iver, on one song) and Jack Antonoff.   It's all 17 songs from the album, played in order, with a little explanation/commentary before each one.   Set in a log cabin in upper New York (about an hour and a half from me, as it turns out).   Most songs are just her and Aaron and Jack and it's AMAZING.  Rich, warm, and cozy, it's a very powerful performance.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Taylor Swift
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 08:43:17 PM »
Taylor Swift is a national treasure and I am in love with the albums 1989, Red, Lover, and Folklore. The Disney+ film is awesome. I love her. Finally a music thread for me  :biggrin:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline The Realm

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 09:10:34 PM »
Awesome, really wanting to check this out. May do so tonight. Big fan of her latest album.

Offline HOF

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 09:15:02 PM »
I am not a Taylor Swift fan, but I do think 1989 is a really good album.

Online faizoff

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 09:21:35 PM »
Saw her live during the Reputation tour and it was a show to remember even if I knew like 2 songs from the whole set. I was entertained through and through. The concert for that tour is on Netflix. I have to check out the new album and this Disney+ show.
The Dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 10:00:27 PM »
I don't know if I would call myself a fan, but I like Red and 1989. I don't care for her albums before those two, and I despise the two after those two. Folklore is inoffensive background noise, but boy am I sick of it. My wife is a total fangirl, so I'm subjected to her music a lot.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:52:22 AM »
Zook, if you're looking to throw your wife a bone, watch this with her.   You might enjoy it; it's kind of Taylor Swift without all the "teenage", if you know what I mean.   No doubt the material has been processed, but the initial filming was simply her, her two collaborators, and an engineer, filmed by robotic cameras, in a cabin in the Catskills.  The song arrangements are different, and I found it really...  mature, for a lack of a better word.  Not sure this is going to convert a "hater", but if you're willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, it's REALLY good.  Better than it has any right to be, actually.