Author Topic: The Discography Discussion Tracker Thread  (Read 70682 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: The Discography Discussion Tracker Thread
« Reply #455 on: September 29, 2018, 09:58:05 AM »
I'd check it out, I think the discography threads are some of the best content on the forums. I love reading along and listening to the albums.

Offline Indiscipline

• Musidian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #456 on: September 29, 2018, 10:11:02 AM »
I'd follow it fiercely.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #457 on: September 29, 2018, 10:20:27 AM »
I lost track of this thread for a while.

TAC: would love either UFO or Alice.  If I had to pick, I'd say...  UFO, but only because the latter day Alice doesn't grab me, though truth be told the latter day UFO doesn't either.   

I'm still game to do the Priest discography, and would tackle a Dio one as well, though I have a couple Dio records I'd have to brush up on.   

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #458 on: November 05, 2018, 06:00:17 PM »
Would love to read a Priest one...
AnybodyListening.net - The definitive history of Queensryche's original lineup.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #459 on: December 19, 2018, 04:16:13 AM »
I'll update the OP to include what Kattelox is starting in the core Avantasia discussion thread.

Also... Ruslan.  Any chance you want to pound out The Source to finish off the Ayreon/Arjen discussion?
if I want ice cream or a chocolate or a cake, I fucking have it
Can you imagine some alien race comes to a large nebula they've never seen before, and it just turns out it's the Federation's dumping ground for space-smile?

Online Kattelox

• Son of a Shepherd and Head of Urban Rangers
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Filthy animals do not belong in Rolf's shed!
« Reply #460 on: December 19, 2018, 04:57:40 AM »
Thanks fam  :tup
RYM | Last.FM || Top 20 Films | Top 50 Albums
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #461 on: December 19, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »
I'll update the OP to include what Kattelox is starting in the core Avantasia discussion thread.

Also... Ruslan.  Any chance you want to pound out The Source to finish off the Ayreon/Arjen discussion?

I actually wanted to do it when it came out and somehow I kept putting it off and forgot. :lol Sure, I'll do a writeup on holidays.

Edit: or, well, yeah, not on holidays but I'll do it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 09:40:43 AM by Evermind »

Online OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #462 on: December 27, 2018, 12:09:59 PM »
So, I guess I allegedly was going to start a Neal Morse Discography thread at some point, but life got busy. I'm not sure if anyone would want one at this point, or if I would even be the most qualified to start one, but if there's any interest, I may start some write-ups in my spare time and start it this fall once I've gotten most of my write-ups done ahead of time. I've been spinning a lot of Neal Morse(-related) albums in my commutes lately, so the albums are fairly fresh in my mind and I wouldn't be opposed to doing a discography thread in the coming weeks.

-Marc.

No pressure, but this would be awesome.

Online RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #463 on: December 27, 2018, 12:36:29 PM »
Haken is eligible for this now, having reached the five-album threshold.
*smash cut to a bleached white skeleton*

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #464 on: February 09, 2019, 03:00:41 PM »
So, I guess I allegedly was going to start a Neal Morse Discography thread at some point, but life got busy. I'm not sure if anyone would want one at this point, or if I would even be the most qualified to start one, but if there's any interest, I may start some write-ups in my spare time and start it this fall once I've gotten most of my write-ups done ahead of time. I've been spinning a lot of Neal Morse(-related) albums in my commutes lately, so the albums are fairly fresh in my mind and I wouldn't be opposed to doing a discography thread in the coming weeks.

-Marc.

I've thought about it a bit more since seeing you quote my 4-month old post about an idea I had over a year ago... I have been in a very Neal-Morse-mood lately, so I may try doing some write-ups, but I feel the pressure of trying to do something as great as Orbert has for his own discography discussion threads. I really wanted to do a lot more prep-work for mine, like read Neal's Testimony book (which I actually own... I've just never gotten around to reading it), to gain more insight into the history and musical background of the man himself. I'd also like to re-watch any and all DVD documentaries he's release, from his SB days, to the stuff with his solo albums, all the way through TA, FC and NMB. It would be a huge under-taking, but if there's a lot of excitement for it, I will honestly give it a go this year. I may not start it until closer to the summer (when work dies down for me), but that gives me plenty of time (3-4 months) to prep and do what I can to make my write-ups and discussion-primers really good.

If anyone else has been waiting on me for doing this, thank you for your patience. I know there are several others on here who are probably as big, if not bigger fans of Neal than me (looking at you, Kev), who could probably do a discography thread some justice, but if you're willing to wait for me just a bit longer, I'll begin working on one in earnest.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - FLYING COLORS FANS! I am running the 3rd Flying Colors Survivor, in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!! Please check it out!

Online OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #465 on: March 18, 2019, 07:22:14 AM »

-Marc.

I've thought about it a bit more since seeing you quote my 4-month old post about an idea I had over a year ago... I have been in a very Neal-Morse-mood lately, so I may try doing some write-ups, but I feel the pressure of trying to do something as great as Orbert has for his own discography discussion threads. I really wanted to do a lot more prep-work for mine, like read Neal's Testimony book (which I actually own... I've just never gotten around to reading it), to gain more insight into the history and musical background of the man himself. I'd also like to re-watch any and all DVD documentaries he's release, from his SB days, to the stuff with his solo albums, all the way through TA, FC and NMB. It would be a huge under-taking, but if there's a lot of excitement for it, I will honestly give it a go this year. I may not start it until closer to the summer (when work dies down for me), but that gives me plenty of time (3-4 months) to prep and do what I can to make my write-ups and discussion-primers really good.

If anyone else has been waiting on me for doing this, thank you for your patience. I know there are several others on here who are probably as big, if not bigger fans of Neal than me (looking at you, Kev), who could probably do a discography thread some justice, but if you're willing to wait for me just a bit longer, I'll begin working on one in earnest.

-Marc.

Still no pressure, but this will still be awesome if/when if it ever gets done.  :metal

Online Zydar

• Fenga Papit
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #466 on: March 18, 2019, 07:24:23 AM »
Yeah that would be really interesting, since I've only just started listening to his solo stuff.

Online Kattelox

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #467 on: April 08, 2019, 07:47:44 AM »
I really want to go through Rhapsody and/or Stratovarius sometime this year. They're not the most popular around these parts but dang it I have a lot to say about each and every one of their albums.  :lol
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki

Online Kattelox

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #468 on: August 22, 2019, 08:43:38 AM »
Since I actually had enough Strato/Rhapsody albums on my top 50 I think I'll abstain from the aforementioned idea for a while  :biggrin: However I am wanting to write about Twilight Force - I might do that soon...