Author Topic: Here on DTF, I am hands-down THE biggest fan of ______ (bandname) on the forums  (Read 131954 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
And I'm pretty sure ariich has you both beat on Haken since he knows some of them.

Thank you for finally conceding Shadow Gallery to me then. :D

Was I out of the running for Shadow Gallery already?

Also, if all else fails, I'll claim Al DiMeola. That, or Darkwater, which I never see mentioned here either.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
I claim The Amazing Blondel.

(Medieval progressive folk band from the seventies.)
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline Ruba

Also Fall Out Boy, I'd guess. And Klamydia and Hurriganes, but they aren't popular outside Finland.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm the biggest KrotchRaut, Amputated, Immortal, Dave Mustaine, Waking The Cadaver, Geoff Tate, Intestinal Disgorge, Mike Portnoy, and Wormed fan on this forum.

cough cough...

you should get that cough checked out
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline HeAvY-MeTaL-MaN

I guess I would be the biggest fan of Soil Work on this forum?  ;D
:metal

Offline HeAvY-MeTaL-MaN

And E.L.O  :biggrin:
:metal

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?

If I'm not mistaken, I think another DTFer whose name escapes me has already claimed ELO.  Good call though - they're swell.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
We did this a while back before the forums went down, but I figure it's about time for another go-round, especially for some of the newer members. 

This does NOT necessarily have to be your favorite band, but just one that you KNOW FOR SURE you are THE BIGGEST fan of here on Dream Theater Forums.

Here on DTF, I am THE biggest fan of:

KANSAS
I was going to say, Kansas!!! Nice pick. I have seem Kansas about a dozen times. Superb band! :metal
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline energythief

• Chubby Chaser

If I'm not mistaken, I think another DTFer whose name escapes me has already claimed ELO.  Good call though - they're swell.

That would be me. Good memory. :)

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
Don't know if I posted here but..

Nuno Bettencourt and Foo Fighters
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?

That would be me. Good memory. :)

I remembered your avatar, but at that time your handle escaped me! :lolpalm:

Offline greyghost

Has anyone got 10cc yet?  REALLY underrated, most people don't seem to grasp the extent to which they were CRAZY progressive...

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
Has anyone got 10cc yet?  REALLY underrated, most people don't seem to grasp the extent to which they were CRAZY progressive...
I'm a pretty big 10cc fan, went to see them just a few months ago.
I dunno about CRAZY progressive but  there are definitely some pretty progressive moments around their catalogue

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Damn, I didn't even know 10cc still toured!!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Miyazaki74

Well I don't know if anyone here can claim that the Foo Fighters are their favorite rock band like I can, so I'll say I'm there biggest fan.

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
Damn, I didn't even know 10cc still toured!!!
Yeh, Goulding is the only "Original" member, but the drummer and guitarist have been playing with 10cc since the early days, so it's a pretty legitimate lineup

Offline FsF

I'm expecting to be slapped down by Sigz here, but i'll take Hella.  Love those guys, even 'Church Gone Wild'! (well, most of it...)

Might also lay claim to Krallice, given the lack of search results they get on here.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
I tried to get myself to enjoy Krallice's most recent album. Granted it's the only of their albums I have heard. And the first song was pretty cool, but it felt like they exhausted all of the cool stuff in that song alone. The rest kind of just...keep going.

Don't get me wrong maybe it just needs to click or maybe it's just that album. But as far as black metal goes, I wasn't really impressed.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Nemesea
Missy Higgins

Offline FsF

I tried to get myself to enjoy Krallice's most recent album. Granted it's the only of their albums I have heard. And the first song was pretty cool, but it felt like they exhausted all of the cool stuff in that song alone. The rest kind of just...keep going.

Don't get me wrong maybe it just needs to click or maybe it's just that album. But as far as black metal goes, I wasn't really impressed.

I can totally understand. You could take most tracks from their albums albums, switch them all about and not really notice too much of a difference. You couldn't accuse them of not finding their sound, anyway...

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
I don't know if anyone's claimed them yet, but along with Kvelertak, you could say I'm a huge fan of A Life Once Lost.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
Kanye West.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Kanye West.

So your claim is every other band he stole from too.

OH SNAP!! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
No, mostly just Kanye.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Lucidity

• Patron Saint of Time Signatures
Ooh, I bet no one has claimed E.S. Posthumus! Their album in the "Guess the album cover" thread sparked my memory. Positively amazing duo. If anyone here is into orchestra film score-style music (and I'm sure tons of you are), I recommend Nara, Pompeii, and Unstoppable by them if you'd like a great new band to listen to :)

And just like that, I remembered another band to claim, although it's possible someone did already. I'd say I'm one of An Endless Sporadic's biggest fans. I love every song of theirs; their newest album is genius but very underrated D: