Author Topic: The Walking Dead, Season 4  (Read 43108 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: The Walking Dead, Season 4
« Reply #560 on: June 29, 2014, 12:06:43 PM »
The comics are the best Walking Dead there is, period.

I am very interested to see 1.) who they cast to play Neegan. I think Henry Rollins would be perfect, or 'The Rock'. 2.) how they pull that character off on television given his pension for the 'F' bomb every other word and descriptively graphic verbal tirades.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #561 on: June 29, 2014, 12:33:09 PM »
The comics are the best Walking Dead there is, period.

I am very interested to see 1.) who they cast to play Neegan. I think Henry Rollins would be perfect, or 'The Rock'. 2.) how they pull that character off on television given his pension for the 'F' bomb every other word and descriptively graphic verbal tirades.
It'll be as bad as every casting choice and deviation they've done so far. lol
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #562 on: July 25, 2014, 02:05:41 PM »
Trailer for season 5 is out. It's pretty lengthy and contains what I considered some massive spoilers, so be warned. Kinda wish I hadn't watched it actually. But other than the spoiler-y feel to it, the trailer looks good actually, and it looks to be an more exciting story than season 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4GAs9TJVjM#t=182

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #563 on: July 25, 2014, 03:01:43 PM »
Pretty cool, looks like this show may improve.  I didnt think there were any spoilers beyond what you would expect from a season preview.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #564 on: July 25, 2014, 06:23:00 PM »
That looks badass.

Where the hell is beth though?

Mental institution, prison, what the hell is that place?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #565 on: July 27, 2014, 10:05:32 PM »
That looks badass.

I've read the comics and I'm having a hard time recalling what that place is? It's been a good two years since I read that part/time in the comic though...just can't recall what it reflects from the books.

The trailer makes me believe this season may be the best since season 1. It looks incredible.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #566 on: July 28, 2014, 04:33:48 AM »
Its so interesting seeing the variations of survival camps/cults.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #567 on: July 29, 2014, 09:44:25 PM »
That looks badass.

I've read the comics and I'm having a hard time recalling what that place is? It's been a good two years since I read that part/time in the comic though...just can't recall what it reflects from the books.
I don't think this reflects anything from the comics. Off the top of my head, I don't remember anything like that happening around the same time as the cannibals.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #568 on: July 29, 2014, 10:00:19 PM »
That looks badass.

I don't think this reflects anything from the comics. Off the top of my head, I don't remember anything like that happening around the same time as the cannibals.

My brother thinks it's as simple as she's at Terminus with them. Just a different location of the complex.

I love that look on Ricks face after he mows down those people holding machine guns and turns to the camera. Just the definition of 'bad a$$'

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #569 on: July 30, 2014, 02:58:35 PM »
I can't stand The Walking Dead fan base on facebook, possibly because it's been a long time since I last was a fan of a pop culture phenomena but mando they get on my nerve, it's almost like the Twilight swallowing fan base has migrated to TWD. And it doesn't help that the cast is behaving like the progression of Backstreet Boys and N'Sync on social media outlets is not helping the situation.
And I agree that this was me bitching about something that shouldn't matter.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #570 on: July 31, 2014, 12:03:31 AM »
I can't stand The Walking Dead fan base on facebook, possibly because it's been a long time since I last was a fan of a pop culture phenomena but mando they get on my nerve, it's almost like the Twilight swallowing fan base has migrated to TWD. And it doesn't help that the cast is behaving like the progression of Backstreet Boys and N'Sync on social media outlets is not helping the situation.

Yeah I agree. I don't consider myself a hater of the show, because even though I'm sometimes very critical of it, I always give it a fair chance, and I want to love it. I really like the setting of the show, but sometimes the writing/characters just falls flat. To me, it feels like a lot of people are blinded when it comes to this show.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #571 on: July 31, 2014, 03:14:33 AM »
The bad acting frustrates me, but I still like this show because ZOMBIES.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #572 on: July 31, 2014, 06:02:58 AM »

Yeah I agree. I don't consider myself a hater of the show, because even though I'm sometimes very critical of it, I always give it a fair chance, and I want to love it. I really like the setting of the show, but sometimes the writing/characters just falls flat. To me, it feels like a lot of people are blinded when it comes to this show.

Put me in the same boat. Im not a hater but I have been critical of the show.  My biggest problem with last season was the large focus of specific characters in each episode and many of those characters had no viewer emotional attachment and it made the show a bit boring at times.  It made me think why should I care if this character dies or survives because there is nothing that I care about.  There wasnt enough development of the newer characters for me to give a crap about what happens.  It lead to me enjoying the Rick episodes and not enjoying the others. 

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #573 on: August 05, 2014, 05:42:58 AM »
 :omg:

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls