Author Topic: The Walking Dead, Season 4  (Read 43473 times)

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Re: The Walking Dead, Season 4
« Reply #420 on: March 12, 2014, 10:23:33 AM »
Or at least they don't find her for a couple seasons. Id be cool with that.

and when they do find her (presumably with a different group), she is a totally different person.  Doesn't acknowledge they were once friends/is hostile toward them, etc.  A new mystery to unravel.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #421 on: March 12, 2014, 10:40:28 AM »
One thing that I feel is starting to test the limits of this show now is that there are only so many ways a zombie attack can feasibly play out. It's late in the fourth season now; how many times, in how many different ways can they possibly get attacked and it's still a fascinating watch? Some are still great (the scene with Daryl in the basement room was tense as hell, for example), but generally, the show's approaching its threshold in this respect, for me at least.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #422 on: March 12, 2014, 12:17:13 PM »
Question for those who've read the comics.....major SPOILER talk so don't read, you've been warned......SPOILERS......

Do you think the group Daryl has found himself suddenly a part of is the group of cannibals? I think it makes sense as far as the timing and where they are at in the story. It'd be interesting to see if Daryl suffered the same fate as Dale did in the comic....but I'm betting that group of men are the cannibals from the comics. It'd be a fairly quick story arc to resove this season....especially sense Rick, Carl and Michonee are still essentially in a town setting...as Daryl is. They could run across that group again, possibly as Daryl's about to have his leg served to the group.....rescue Daryl.....and then they are on the way to eventually meet up with the remainder of the group who are of the railroad track setting, all ending in them reuniting, in the finale most likely....at Terminus. Stage is set for next season.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #423 on: March 12, 2014, 01:11:55 PM »
I'm all for slow episodes for the sake of character development but these last two episodes didn't even have any significant character development, at least nothing that couldn't have been established in a few minutes during a decent plot development episode.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #424 on: March 12, 2014, 01:24:56 PM »
I'm all for slow episodes for the sake of character development but these last two episodes didn't even have any significant character development, at least nothing that couldn't have been established in a few minutes during a decent plot development episode.

If anything it's solidified for me how important a character (an actor) Rick/Andy Lincoln is to the show.......heck, at this point even Carl (Chandler Riggs) given Carl is entirely more interesting of a character these days that any of the remaining characters....save Michonee and Rick.

And I'm fine with character development as well....but I still maintain that Daryl/Beth episode was horribly written...particularly the dialouge. A student that was thinking about becoming a writer could've given a better effort IMO. I don't mind the 'idea' behind that episode....but the material was brutal and it traslated as such with the acting.

I liked last weeks episode though. 

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #425 on: March 12, 2014, 01:48:56 PM »
I agree for the most part, especially about Rick.
I feel like since the show's return after the hiatus the writers have been trying to force the idea in my head that Bob and Sasha are interesting and that I wanna know how they feel and what they're doing but it's not working out heh
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #426 on: March 12, 2014, 04:20:27 PM »
Or at least they don't find her for a couple seasons. Id be cool with that.

and when they do find her (presumably with a different group), she is a totally different person.  Doesn't acknowledge they were once friends/is hostile toward them, etc.  A new mystery to unravel.

So Beth was kidnapped by The Others?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth of Wall Street
« Reply #427 on: March 12, 2014, 07:00:49 PM »
Question for those who've read the comics.....major SPOILER talk so don't read, you've been warned......SPOILERS......

Do you think the group Daryl has found himself suddenly a part of is the group of cannibals? I think it makes sense as far as the timing and where they are at in the story. It'd be interesting to see if Daryl suffered the same fate as Dale did in the comic....but I'm betting that group of men are the cannibals from the comics. It'd be a fairly quick story arc to resove this season....especially sense Rick, Carl and Michonee are still essentially in a town setting...as Daryl is. They could run across that group again, possibly as Daryl's about to have his leg served to the group.....rescue Daryl.....and then they are on the way to eventually meet up with the remainder of the group who are of the railroad track setting, all ending in them reuniting, in the finale most likely....at Terminus. Stage is set for next season.
My 2 cents

I do believe that Daryl's new buds are the cannibals, but I don't think he'll be the one to get eaten. Maybe they take him back to camp and give him some "mystery meat", and he later learns that he ate Beth.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #428 on: March 12, 2014, 07:04:16 PM »

My 2 cents

I do believe that Daryl's new buds are the cannibals, but I don't think he'll be the one to get eaten. Maybe they take him back to camp and give him some "mystery meat", and he later learns that he ate Beth.

:omg: That would be incredible! Although, I'd think a group of males like that would keep Beth around for a bit for other uses....ya know what I mean? Maybe dine on some dudes instead....like a random one they found sitting in the road?

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #429 on: March 13, 2014, 05:26:32 AM »
So I see no discussion about the opening of the latest episode, am I missing something obvious or what?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #430 on: March 13, 2014, 07:09:48 AM »
So I see no discussion about the opening of the latest episode, am I missing something obvious or what?

The flashback to when Daryl and Glenn found Bob? I liked it....thought it was interesting how Bob has devolved kind of like the Governor did to walking like a Walker.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #431 on: March 13, 2014, 10:33:56 AM »

The flashback to when Daryl and Glenn found Bob? I liked it....thought it was interesting how Bob has devolved kind of like the Governor did to walking like a Walker.

I'm kind of surprised he is fairly normal. You'd think being alone like that after having two groups all die would psychologically destroy you.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #432 on: March 13, 2014, 12:47:29 PM »

So that was a scene from a previous episode?  :blush Man I honestly don't remember that scene.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #433 on: March 13, 2014, 01:08:49 PM »
No he meant that it takes place before he found Rick and co.; a 'new' flashback within the show, not that it was a flashback of an episode.

Now you seem even more old.  :laugh: :metal

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #434 on: March 13, 2014, 04:13:38 PM »
oh....oohhhh!  :o

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #435 on: March 13, 2014, 07:21:12 PM »
He'll always be D'angelo Barksdale to me.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #436 on: March 14, 2014, 12:24:15 AM »
Amen to that.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #437 on: March 16, 2014, 07:21:16 PM »
I want Lizzy off this show in the worst way.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #438 on: March 16, 2014, 07:52:48 PM »
YES

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #439 on: March 16, 2014, 08:12:40 PM »
WHAT THE FUCK

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #440 on: March 16, 2014, 08:18:28 PM »
Totally could see that one coming. Lizzy was a complete psycho from the first time they showed her. Glad they finally killed her off.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #441 on: March 16, 2014, 08:30:45 PM »
Glad they finally killed off some of the new characters who I didnt care for.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #442 on: March 16, 2014, 09:59:27 PM »
That episode was pretty messed up.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #443 on: March 16, 2014, 10:01:05 PM »
Fantastic episode. FUBAR, but fantastic.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #444 on: March 16, 2014, 10:02:33 PM »
Thought that was a great episode....well written and it put to rest a few of the lingering questions we all had a hunch on, and.... Mercifully ended the life of a psychotic pre teen.  I loved the resolution that

Tyrese and Carol came to this episode. But I think had Tyrese not seen Carol 'put down' Lizzy....say Carol confessed to him earlier on in the grove like it felt like she was going to....he'd have reacted differently.

Really cool episode. I'm thinking the fire was the house that Daryl and Beth lit up? It'd make sense. Even thought the group is split up they are all in the general area.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #445 on: March 16, 2014, 10:08:18 PM »
Also, did anyone else pick up on the vibe when Lizzy told Carol after that crispy Walker attack that she "knew what she had to do now"....that she wasn't talking about having to actually kill the Walkers? It was subtle but it was there....she all but told them she was going to do something drastic

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #446 on: March 16, 2014, 10:29:27 PM »
Have been a huge fan of this show from the beginning,  and there have been some very powerful moments on this show; but this episode was incredibly powerful.  Wow. Lots of questions answered and resolution to a lingering issue with the girls and Lizzys psychosis. This was evident very early on the day she had the discussion with Carl at the prison fence. I mean did anyone think anyone besides her was feeding the walkers at the prison? Now we finally can close that long overdue story arc. Great episode. 
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #447 on: March 16, 2014, 11:39:08 PM »
I'm thinking the fire was the house that Daryl and Beth lit up? It'd make sense. Even thought the group is split up they are all in the general area.

That was my initial thought, but the more that I think about it it doesn't make sense unless the burnt walkers that they killed tonight actually walked through the fire to get to where they were at.(Sorry about the horrible grammar in that last sentence lol...) It wouldn't surprise me if they ran into a post apocolyptic fire bug like the Trashcan Man in the stand.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #448 on: March 17, 2014, 12:15:30 AM »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #449 on: March 17, 2014, 09:08:14 AM »
I'm thinking the fire was the house that Daryl and Beth lit up? It'd make sense. Even thought the group is split up they are all in the general area.

That was my initial thought, but the more that I think about it it doesn't make sense unless the burnt walkers that they killed tonight actually walked through the fire to get to where they were at

I'm going to re-watch the ending of the Daryl/Beth episode but I could have sworn that as they showed the cabin burning in one of the last shots there were Walkers near/in the house/flames.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #450 on: March 17, 2014, 09:32:23 AM »
you are correct as far as the walkers being near the burning house...as they flipped the bird they realised the fire attracted walkers they were seen next to the house
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #451 on: March 17, 2014, 09:37:41 AM »
Have been a huge fan of this show from the beginning,  and there have been some very powerful moments on this show; but this episode was incredibly powerful.  Wow. Lots of questions answered and resolution to a lingering issue with the girls and Lizzys psychosis. This was evident very early on the day she had the discussion with Carl at the prison fence. I mean did anyone think anyone besides her was feeding the walkers at the prison? Now we finally can close that long overdue story arc. Great episode.

For a brief bit of time I thought that Bob could have been the crazy Walker Feeder/Rabbit dissector. They painted him as pretty crazy there for a bit. But as time went on it was apparent Lizzy was NUTZ! Carol was right in quesioning herself when rhetorically asking 'how could I have not seen it' because Lizzy really didn't hide how crazy she was, she just benifited from being a kid who was crazy in a world where the adults think kids are the last people to really worry about being dangerous. She flew under the radar and was given a pass for her odd behavior due to being a child.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #452 on: March 17, 2014, 10:01:40 AM »
Definitely one of my most favorite episodes of this show.  I was riveted and speechless. 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #453 on: March 17, 2014, 01:47:27 PM »
From the moment when Lizzie was feeding that train-track walker and onwards, this was a great episode. Lizzie killing her sister and then Carol killing Lizzie was really haunting.

But before that, it was more of the usual. Some pretty awkward dialogue which drags it down a little. But the second half more than made up for that.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #454 on: March 17, 2014, 03:25:03 PM »
This was the Red Wedding episode of all of Walking Dead. When I saw Lizzy covered in her sisters blood, and then Carol taking care of business, I was absolutely in awe, and mortified.