Author Topic: The Walking Dead, Season 4  (Read 43100 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: The Walking Dead, Season 4
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2013, 02:21:08 PM »
So we're to believe Hershel never went close to where they were? I just can't believe that he would be completely oblivious about their health, it would be retarded. And so Rick didn't have time, but Carl saw it too, neither thought it would be a good idea to tell the veterinarian?

I understand your point completely. And it's the small things like that which could be more accurate. But the 'official' position was that there was just never the time to do so.

Small things like this bother me. I can't accept the "never time to do so" excuse. If that's the case, do a different story.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2013, 02:25:56 PM »
So we're to believe Hershel never went close to where they were? I just can't believe that he would be completely oblivious about their health, it would be retarded. And so Rick didn't have time, but Carl saw it too, neither thought it would be a good idea to tell the veterinarian?

I understand your point completely. And it's the small things like that which could be more accurate. But the 'official' position was that there was just never the time to do so.

Small things like this bother me. I can't accept the "never time to do so" excuse. If that's the case, do a different story.

I mean, they did it with Rick. Tyrese says "hey, weren't  you a cop? Find out who did this!", when those two were found burnt. And Rick did. Not that I'm trying to outright defend them overlooking the fact Hershel was a vet and there were sick pigs....but as far as Rick goes, he does have a history of keeping secrets and just trying to figure it all out on his own. Still doesn't explain Carl not mentioning it...unless you buy the position of an opportunity never presented itself.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline emblempride

• Scammy Flammy Mammy
  • You're just like a motorcycle, too tired
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2013, 06:09:27 PM »
Also not a big fan of the direction the show is going in, but with what we know so far I think it's going to get better. Was anybody disappointed with how they did Tyreese's climactic scene this week? It's a bigger cliffhanger in the comic and it also made Tyreese look way more badass than with how they did it in the show. Also disappointed with Carol being revealed as the murderer. Really loved what they were doing with her, but imo, that event just doesn't mesh well, especially since, as was mentioned, she's pretty much been what Andrea was in the comics. But, she is supposed to be alive past the mid-season finale, so I'm curious to see what the dynamic between her and Tyreese will be. My friend has a really interesting theory that the older of the two little girls might have something to do with the murders and that Carol is just taking the fall. Depending on how this all plays out, the little girls could very well be a version of Ben and Billy, but I am a little doubtful of that idea. If it's so, I don't think Carl will be involved since him killing that kid in the season 3 finale served the purpose that Ben and Billy did in the comics.

Apparently, most of the main cast has been spotted filming for the next half of the season. Who I noticed hasn't been mentioned? Scott Wilson. I would be really disappointed if they killed off Hershel before the Hunters arc considering he's basically become Dale (which is great imo, the TV version of Hershel as of Season 3 is one of my favorite characters). Seriously if any main character is going to die of this flu shit, it should be Glenn. Would be really interesting to explore how the other characters would deal with that, and without Glenn, it would make Negan's introduction way more terrifying and intense even for comic fans, but since Steven Yeun has been spotted in Georgia still filming, doesn't look like that will happen. (I do have this theory that even if Glenn is still alive when they get to that scene, somebody else is getting Lucille'd... Daryl would be pretty shocking, and I bet Norman Reedus would be down with his character going out like that)

Can't find any info on it, but I've been told that the Ultimate Fan Game trivia shit accidentally spoiled the radio message that the supply group received in the last episode. Not sure of the specifics, but it looks like they changed the name of the Alexandria Safe Zone to "Terminus" (or are altering the Safe Zone altogether) and that is the source of the transmission. Wondering if they're just going to skip the Hunters arc altogether and how they're going to introduce the Safe Zone. Especially with Ford's group popping up some time this season, it really does look like the prison is fucked this season, which sounds like it will be a relief to many of the posters in this thread lol.

EDIT: I sure as hell couldn't hear anything that the people on the radio were saying, but in the official summary on AMC's site...
On the road, Daryl fiddles with the car radio and hears a woman's voice. "Keep alive," it says. Then "sanctuary" and "Terminus."
https://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/episodes/season-4/isolation
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 09:35:22 PM by emblempride »
"Hey guys" - Gregg Turkington

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »
emblempride: I agree I felt short changed on Tyrese's scene on Sunday when compared to the inspiration from the comic. But, I still think it worked for the television show. I mean, when they left him at the car he was surrounded by Walkers and for him to make it out and reunite with the group was pretty cool.

And just so you know in case you don't....if you want to talk spoilers or what happened in the comic what's been done in the past in this thread is just changing those spoilers and stuff to a very tiny font. Those of us who'd want to read it could then just quote it or zoom to read it.

Offline emblempride

• Scammy Flammy Mammy
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2013, 09:43:07 PM »
Yeah, I kinda dig it, but 7500 zombies and none of them notice the guy in the car? I like that they still covered him in blood n stuff at least lol.

My bad, fixed up that one bit. Figured everything I mentioned pertaining to the comics is at least a year old.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2013, 09:54:32 PM »
Yeah, I kinda dig it, but 7500 zombies and none of them notice the guy in the car? I like that they still covered him in blood n stuff at least lol.

My bad, fixed up that one bit. Figured everything I mentioned pertaining to the comics is at least a year old.

I think a large percentage of the posters in this thread have read the comics....so it's not a big deal. But it's the 'right' thing to do in case.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2013, 12:50:26 AM »
I havn't read the comics and I have no idea what he was talking about. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing lol....
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2013, 06:48:52 AM »
I've only read the comics up until the governor lashes out at his daughter for knocking over the bucket of body parts. There were too many parallels between the comics and the show, even though there are many differences.

I'll read them all one day.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2013, 07:06:13 AM »
Finally got around to watching Sunday's episode. The final innings of the WS were boring so I flipped on the DVR to catch up on viewing I'd been missing.

I liked it enough to watch next week. There were some good scenes and I thought the actress who plays Carol is doing a wonderful job of slowly going insane.  :lol

They do need to pickup the pace a bit though and while I don't typically pick apart everything in the shows I watch there are some head scratching moments if you think too much. And maybe that's the problem with The Walking Dead and it's eventual longevity. They don't encourage thinking. The plots are, number one, a vehicle for drama and character interaction--which given the subject matter, is a really cool idea. But, I don't think the writers give more than a passing thought to logic and continuity which will completely turn off certain members of their target audience. Perhaps a very large portion eventually. Perhaps even me.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much of a beast is unleashed in Tyrese.

If you read that right, it should have rhymed.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2013, 07:52:11 AM »
But if Glenn dies of this flu then... then... Negan
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2013, 09:19:42 AM »
But if Glenn dies of this flu then... then... Negan

I can't wait to see who they cast as him.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2013, 09:34:28 AM »
I've been thinking (weird, I know)

Is it possible that Carol indeed dragged the two bodies out in the courtyard and burned them to cover for the little girl who was the actual killer? She may feel guilt/responsible for encouraging the children learn the brain-stab method and for giving them knives as seen in episode one. So when Rick asked her if she did it she just responded with the affirmative. The scene where Carol admits the young girl into the sick block implies that there is more going on with those two than we've seen first hand.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2013, 10:11:33 AM »
I've been thinking (weird, I know)

Is it possible that Carol indeed dragged the two bodies out in the courtyard and burned them to cover for the little girl who was the actual killer? She may feel guilt/responsible for encouraging the children learn the brain-stab method and for giving them knives as seen in episode one. So when Rick asked her if she did it she just responded with the affirmative. The scene where Carol admits the young girl into the sick block implies that there is more going on with those two than we've seen first hand.

Sure it's possible because it does appear that there is something going on with that older girl Carol inherited....be it she's the one been feeding the walkers or they are setting her up to be, as mentioned earlier, the TV version of some comic book characters that played a small yet significant role in the comics.

But I really think Carol killed those people because of what Rick implied right before he asked her. She'd do anything to protect the overall group....and if that world has done anything it's shown that any type of sentiment or 'feelings' that you allow to order your steps is usually exploited by that world....for the worse.

She killed them IMO...that is that. The interesting thing will be is when Daryl finds out to see how he reacts. I honestly don't think it was all that bad considering they were essentially dead anyway, I understand 'why' she did it and would most likely have supported something similar.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2013, 12:10:32 PM »
But I really think Carol killed those people because of what Rick implied right before he asked her. She'd do anything to protect the overall group....and if that world has done anything it's shown that any type of sentiment or 'feelings' that you allow to order your steps is usually exploited by that world....for the worse.

That exact statement is what made me believe she is covering for someone..

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2013, 12:17:26 PM »

That exact statement is what made me believe she is covering for someone..

Hmmmm. Interesting? I guess without seeing how her relationship developed with the sisters I'm suspect of just how much she cares about them....like would she even cover for them. But maybe having lost a daughter she is super attached. Or, maybe she's covering for Carl?

I have a sneaking suspicion that after Hershel's speech and all that either Rick and Maggie or Daryl's group will succeed in obtaining the meds needed to help everyone....but Hershel will still succumb to the flu.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2013, 12:53:17 PM »

One of the girls feeding the walkers seems like a pretty legitimate assumption and rather likely. This whole time, I've been trying to figure out why someone in the prison would willingly be attracting zombies. Having a young child do it would be more believable (at least for now). I still don't trust that new black guy (I don't know his name, everyone knows who I am talking about, and I'm not being racist), but I can't imagine why he'd be the one attracting them. I could see him being the killer, but that's about it.

Regarding the two burned corpses, were they killed before they died from their sickness? If so, that completely rules the girls out.

Side bar:

Interesting thing I noticed while re-watching the second episode. Everyone in D-Block slept with their cell door open. In C-Block, Rick and Carl were the only ones who didn't sleep with their door shut.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2013, 12:57:45 PM »

One of the girls feeding the walkers seems like a pretty legitimate assumption and rather likely. This whole time, I've been trying to figure out why someone in the prison would willingly be attracting zombies. Having a young child do it would be more believable (at least for now). I still don't trust that new black guy (I don't know his name, everyone knows who I am talking about, and I'm not being racist), but I can't imagine why he'd be the one attracting them. I could see him being the killer, but that's about it.

Regarding the two burned corpses, were they killed before they died from their sickness? If so, that completely rules the girls out.

Side bar:

Interesting thing I noticed while re-watching the second episode. Everyone in D-Block slept with their cell door open. In C-Block, Rick and Carl were the only ones who didn't sleep with their door shut.

I agree about the new black character. There's just something 'off' about him. They gave us a glimpse and clue with the internal battle with alcohol....but I doubt the "big" deal is that he likes to drink. Maybe with him being an Army Medic....there is some sort of sick trauma going in there? But there's certainly more than meets they eye.

I don't know what to make of your observation about the cell doors. Or if there is any connection at all?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2013, 01:04:19 PM »

Side bar:

I agree about the new black character. There's just something 'off' about him. They gave us a glimpse and clue with the internal battle with alcohol....but I doubt the "big" deal is that he likes to drink. Maybe with him being an Army Medic....there is some sort of sick trauma going in there? But there's certainly more than meets they eye.

I don't know what to make of your observation about the cell doors. Or if there is any connection at all?

I don't think there is any connection. I just found it interesting the the writers (or whoever is in charge of that) would subtly show that the original cast still has the 'There's no such thing as safe' mentality, even though they've been in the prison longer than everyone else.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2013, 01:10:02 PM »
For anyone who has read the graphic novels:

In the scene where Rick notices Carol outside the fence...oblivious to the oncoming Walkers....and he gets that scowl on his face and growls 'damnit'.... Did you feel/sense the connection of that 'face' moment with graphic novel Rick? For the first time he looked/acted almost exactly like the comic book character. Just curious to as if that was just me or not.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2013, 02:01:24 PM »
I still don't trust that new black guy (I don't know his name, everyone knows who I am talking about, and I'm not being racist), but I can't imagine why he'd be the one attracting them. I could see him being the killer, but that's about it.

His name is D'Angelo Barksdale.

maybe, maybe not.  Carol has been showing the children how to defend themselves, use knives, etc.  She actually wanted the older one to kill her father.  And perhaps the two people were too sick to do anything to defend themselves.  Heck, Carol may have overseen the entire thing while the girl(s) did the dirty work.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2013, 02:15:29 PM »
It's nice to have Cutty and D'Angelo in the same show again!

Also, I know this thread is for the show but whatever, the upcoming "All Out War" arc in the comics is gonna be iiinsaaaaane!!!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2013, 02:29:43 PM »
It's nice to have Cutty and D'Angelo in the same show again!

Although, they were never in The Wire at the same time.   ;)
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2013, 02:41:18 PM »
Yes, I know, still, it's nice.

Offline emblempride

• Scammy Flammy Mammy
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2013, 05:04:37 PM »
maybe, maybe not.  Carol has been showing the children how to defend themselves, use knives, etc.  She actually wanted the older one to kill her father.  And perhaps the two people were too sick to do anything to defend themselves.  Heck, Carol may have overseen the entire thing while the girl(s) did the dirty work.
This was my friend's reasoning as well (though I don't think he believes Carol oversaw it, just that she was covering for the girl). Still unsure about the idea, but I totally agree that the older sister's the one feeding the zombies.

And yeah, All Out War is going to be awesome. Going to be sad when Shiva inevitably dies, but I can't wait till she has her next rampage moment. And I really hope Ezekiel and Michonne don't develop a relationship. I hope Kirkman realizes that just because Michonne is black, it does not mean that she has to fuck/hit on every single black character in the comic. It was cool with how he had Heath respond to it and it seemed like the last time, but even the friggin' funkadelic zookeeper?

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2013, 08:11:47 PM »
Finally caught all the way up after starting 2 weeks ago. I really love the show but I have to admit the earlier seasons were definitely better. Hopefully it will improve from here.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2013, 08:27:01 AM »
I really just want them to get out of the Prison already. I don't want this to turn into season 2 when they don't really do anything and stay at the damn Prison during the entire season. We already had them do that in season 3, so everything is starting to get stale.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2013, 09:44:52 AM »
Keeping them in the prison isn't bad as long as they have the story to justify it. The problem with the farm wasn't just that they were at the farm for an entire season, but that they didn't have much to do there. You can mostly blame AMC for that. With the infection, the herd, the radio signal and the character work they seem to be focusing on, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they have a plan for the full season. 

Then again, I said the same thing for last season, where the first half was good but the second proceeded to take a giant dump in quality.  :lol

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2013, 09:56:12 AM »
That's a good point.

Offline Ravenfoul

« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2013, 02:31:04 PM »
Haha. Well . . . I do love seeing actors from The Wire, and I honestly believe the acting on TWD is really solid (for the main cast). But boy, do I EVER think this show is extremely overrated. I won't harp on that too much though since I doubt many people share that opinion.

Honestly, I think AMC is the biggest problem TWD will never be able to recover from. And yeah, where as the farm was gloriously snoorezeville with NOTHING for the cast to do - it seems like we might actually have a shred of plot for the prison location.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2013, 02:36:22 PM »
I actually really liked the farm. So far season 4 has been my least favorite. The whole disease thing just bores me.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2013, 05:50:04 PM »
I actually really liked the farm. So far season 4 has been my least favorite. The whole disease thing just bores me.
Still better than season two.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2013, 07:07:33 PM »
Ugh. Enough with the fucking speeches. That 4 minute dialogue between Carol and the little girl was nauseating. We viewers do not need every little concept explained to us.

Second ugh. Fuck Tyrese and his 15 year old girl attitude.

Third ugh. Stupid alcoholic willing to pull a gun for a bottle.

Wow. What a terrible episode. Rick's gone soft. There's no way we've seen the last of Carol. Daryl is going to flip shut when he finds out. I hate Tyrese. I hope Rick lies to the group and tells them Carol got eaten, only to have her appear later on resulting in Rick looking like a douche.

I'd like to have sex with Michonne.

Yep.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:08:45 PM by Chino »

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2013, 08:01:33 PM »
Yeah, I'm almost done with this show.

But I see the show hasn't lost Rick's bad leadership from the comics.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:07:38 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline Liampie

« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2013, 04:26:44 AM »
I think this season is solid so far. Maybe the plot was a little boring, but at least it's much better written than last season. Also I got the feeling that they're still setting up the plot and that this is just a transitional period to move away from the terrible season 3.

Don't really understand your guys' complaints.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2013, 06:41:03 AM »
I've decided that I will continue to watch this show just to see what happens. If it gets cancelled, I won't really give a shit.

In regards to last night's episode... Someone needs to off Tyrese. He's careless and makes decisions out of emotion rather than logic. He's a serious liability and is going to get someone killed. All that moping around shit when he was ringing his shirt out in the river. What the fuck was that? Why did he bother even coming along in the first place? I've hated his character since they introduced him. "We take care of our own", as he's standing there waiting to smash a skull in with a hammer. I don't think he's added the slightest bit of value to the show since he walked into the prison almost a season ago.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:53:20 AM by Chino »