Help Me I Am In Hell
2 (40%)
Happiness In Slavery
0 (0%)
Gave Up
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: September 24, 2013, 05:37:11 AM

Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails survivor 2013/14 - Broken EP round 1  (Read 644 times)

Offline Ruba

Nine Inch Nails survivor 2013/14 - Broken EP round 1
« on: September 22, 2013, 05:37:11 AM »

Broken (also known as Halo 5) is an EP released on September 22nd 1992. Although not technically so, Broken is usually considered Nine Inch Nails' second major release after Pretty Hate Machine since it consists entirely of new material. The EP was recorded in secret, in order to avoid interference from TVT Records.

The release of Broken followed on from a major disagreement between Reznor and his record label at the time, TVT Records, and the influence of the conflict is evident in multiple aspects of the record.

-ninwiki.com

The EP was a major turn in NIN's career. Synthpop aspects were abandoned and replaced by furious industrial metal. It is the heaviest NIN record to date. It also had some commercial success and two of its songs were awarded with a Grammy for Best Metal Performance, Wish in 1993 and Happiness in Slavery (as a Woodstock '94 live version) in 1996.

A gory short movie, which features music videos from five of the songs, was also made, but it has never been officially released, because according to Trent, it might have overshadowed the prominence of the music. For years it was distributed through peer-to-peer networks and NIN fansites. The most usual copy didn't feature the HMIAIH video. The whole movie was released to PirateBay in 2006, very possibly by Trent himself or someone near to him.

Help Me I Am In Hell.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 01:35:49 AM by Ruba »

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Re: Nine Inch Nails survivor 2013/14 - Broken EP round 1
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »
I went with Pinion.

Guys, I just recently saw the documentary Sick, about Bob Flanagan (aka the "Happiness in Slavery" video guy). If you haven't seen it yet- fucking awesome.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 03:07:55 PM »
Pinion

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?