Author Topic: First thing I did on iPad Garageband/How the hell do I use this thing?  (Read 1075 times)

Offline PROGdrummer

https://soundcloud.com/joshbrenner/short-proggy-jam

I'm really glad with how this turned out.... but its only 20 seconds. Garageband wont let me make anything longer than 20 seconds.

I feel like I could probably make some pretty cool full length songs if I could just figure out how, and I cant seem to find anything on the rest of the internet to help. Anyone here familiar with this app and know how to really use it?

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
Re: First thing I did on iPad Garageband/How the hell do I use this thing?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 11:06:11 PM »
In the non updated version there was a puzzle piece in the upper left corner for "sections" which you have to set to "automatic". Now I think it's a plus sign in the upper right corner. And I'd listen to your thing, but everyone's sleeping here  :P

Offline tartarus250

• peace love and good happyness stuff
Re: First thing I did on iPad Garageband/How the hell do I use this thing?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 01:53:48 PM »
that was fun :metal hope you figure it out soon  :yarr
The creation and destruction of harmonic and 'statistical' tensions is essential to the maintenance of compositional drama. Any composition (or improvisation) which remains consonant and 'regular' throughout is, for me, equivalent to watching a movie with only 'good guys' in it, or eating cottage cheese.