Author Topic: 2014-01-17 - Pabellón Anaitasuna - Pamplona, ESP  (Read 21734 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2014-01-17 - Pabellón Anaitasuna - Pamplona, ESP
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 03:47:58 PM »
Ok, well good then.

Seriously I was listening to DT12 on the way to work this morning really thinking about how the Boston setlist will be constructed.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2014, 03:52:10 PM »
Here's to hoping that they add Surrender to Reason by the time they comes to the states! "Reeeeeestlesssssss, Annnnnnngellllllls"  :metal
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2014, 04:01:33 PM »
:facepalm:

Okay, yeah.  Actually, they ARE going to change their set lists.  By the time they come to the states, they hope to be playing 4 hour sets that rotate every officially released track in their catalog, plus b-sides, plus Majesty songs.  And they're going to take fan polls each night before each show to figure out which ones get the most votes.  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2014, 04:03:43 PM »

Okay, yeah.  Actually, they ARE going to change their set lists.  By the time they come to the states, they hope to be playing 4 hour sets that rotate every officially released track in their catalog, plus b-sides, plus Majesty songs.  And they're going to take fan polls each night before each show to figure out which ones get the most votes.  :lol

I'm amazed it took you this long to snap. I've been holding back for a good while now :lol

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2014, 04:04:13 PM »

You realize this thread will now become about explaining multple times you were being sarcastic there?  :lol
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2014, 04:05:46 PM »
Just came back to the hotel. Same setlist as the one in Porto. Most technical issues fixed, except for the intro video which was not shown tonight.

The only down side today is that I had the meet & greet, and the guys were not in the mood at all...totau detached and wanting it to be over asap. I gave two CDs from bands from friends of mine - one to Petrucci and another one to Mangini, which they actually left at the tabe!

Three other people in the meet & greet were of the same opinion: one guy brought drum sticks he picked from Mangini when he played in Spain with Vai years ago to be autographed, but he acted like he couldn't give a f#%&&ck...maybe they were tense about getting the gear right, or upset about something else, but hey, it's not our fault!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2014, 04:07:04 PM »

So what time will the shows start?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2014, 04:07:16 PM »
The setlist didn't change? 

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2014, 04:09:09 PM »
Nope.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2014, 04:11:29 PM »
I gave two CDs from bands from friends of mine - one to Petrucci and another one to Mangini, which they actually left at the tabe!

To be fair, I don't think you should have done this, they won't care about your friends' bands, and even if they did, a meet and greet just before an unusually stressful show wasn't the time to try and push them.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2014, 04:14:19 PM »
Nope.

I had no idea about that. I wish bosk someone would have said something.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2014, 04:16:15 PM »
I gave two CDs from bands from friends of mine - one to Petrucci and another one to Mangini, which they actually left at the tabe!

To be fair, I don't think you should have done this, they won't care about your friends' bands, and even if they did, a meet and greet just before an unusually stressful show wasn't the time to try and push them.

Yeah, but leaving it at the table!?!??? That's rude, to say the least. And like I said, other people fely dismissed as well. At least now I have both Cds of this lineup autographef by the whole band.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2014, 04:20:47 PM »
Fair enough Rodrigo. Hopefully the band will put Madrid's events behind them and move on from it. You're correct that it's not your - or the other fans' - fault what happened. I guess I'm just sympathizing equally with DT, they probably put so much work into their preparations for the show and what happened yesterday must have been soul-destroying. It's understandable if they were really on edge tonight. They're some of rock's good guys, they'll be ok soon enough. Glad you got your albums signed.

Offline Estiui

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2014, 04:22:40 PM »
How was the show? Why couldn't the opening video be played? How many people were in the concert?

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2014, 04:29:15 PM »
Just came back to the hotel. Same setlist as the one in Porto. Most technical issues fixed, except for the intro video which was not shown tonight.

The only down side today is that I had the meet & greet, and the guys were not in the mood at all...totau detached and wanting it to be over asap. I gave two CDs from bands from friends of mine - one to Petrucci and another one to Mangini, which they actually left at the tabe!

Three other people in the meet & greet were of the same opinion: one guy brought drum sticks he picked from Mangini when he played in Spain with Vai years ago to be autographed, but he acted like he couldn't give a f#%&&ck...maybe they were tense about getting the gear right, or upset about something else, but hey, it's not our fault!!

Everyone in the meet and greet photos look they're having a good time to me. (shrugs)
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2014, 04:32:25 PM »

PSH...who are they, Marillion?! :tup

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2014, 04:33:49 PM »
It would be great if they rotated the set...ya know, put JM stage left and JP stage right.  It would be easier on them than changing what songs they play every night. 

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2014, 04:35:20 PM »

I knew there was a good reason why I planned to see the whole North American leg of the tour!   ;)
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2014, 04:36:23 PM »
No worries, Dave.

Aside from that, to say that they NAILED IT is an understatement. Boy, were they on fire tonight! James sounded awesome on IT, much better than in Porto. I believe theu're getting closer to their comfory zone with the setlist, abd tomorrow in Barcelona is looking much more promissing!

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2014, 05:12:16 PM »
No worries, Dave.

Aside from that, to say that they NAILED IT is an understatement. Boy, were they on fire tonight! James sounded awesome on IT, much better than in Porto. I believe theu're getting closer to their comfory zone with the setlist, abd tomorrow in Barcelona is looking much more promissing!

Greeeeat to hear that! :caffeine: I'm so stoked for tuesday!

It would be great if they rotated the set...ya know, put JM stage left and JP stage right.  It would be easier on them than changing what songs they play every night. 

I don't want to be the party pooper, but that would actually be a unitary, rather than ortogonal transformation. The xy reflection which would swap JP with JM on stage is clearly not connected to the identical transformation via the variation of an infinitesimal parameter, hence is not a member of SO(2) and consequentially not a rotation at all. :p

Still, post of the month candidate, man  :lol
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Zyzzyva17

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2014, 05:25:10 PM »
I don't want to be the party pooper, but that would actually be a unitary, rather than ortogonal transformation. The xy reflection which would swap JP with JM on stage is clearly not connected to the identical transformation via the variation of an infinitesimal parameter, hence is not a member of SO(2) and consequentially not a rotation at all. :p

Perhaps he was referring to a 3-dimensional line reflection about the horizontal axis that perpendicularly bisects the line segment connecting JP and JM, which would have the effect of swapping their places while simultaneously corresponding to the member of SO(3) indicating a 180 degree rotation about the same axis.
D - D/F# - G - D - Bm - Bm/A - E/G# - A

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2014, 05:26:07 PM »
Maybe they could swap JP and JR's places only for The Mirror, huh? Geddit?

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2014, 05:28:01 PM »
Maybe they could swap JP and JR's places only for The Mirror, huh? Geddit?

If it was a reflection on stage, they would suddenly be playing left-handed. :millahhhh

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2014, 06:02:02 PM »
If you rotated the set, wouldn't we be seeing their backs? I mean, that'd be cool to watch MM's playing and all, but who'd want to look at their backs all night?!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2014, 06:07:29 PM »
What if they vertically rotate it and have the stage hanging from the roof, making them play upside down for 3 hours? That'd be real cool, and i'm sure they'd shake the massive rush of blood to their heads eventually.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2014, 06:14:53 PM »
I DON'T KNOW WHATS GOING ON!!!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2014, 06:25:10 PM »
Apparently they played a different set tonight

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2014, 06:30:04 PM »
per Setlist.fm

Act I

False Awakening Suite
The Enemy Inside
The Shattered Fortress
On the Backs of Angels
The Looking Glass
Trial of Tears
Enigma Machine
(With drum solo by Mike Mangini)
Along for the Ride
Breaking All Illusions

Act II

The Mirror
Lie
Lifting Shadows Off a Dream
Scarred
Space-Dye Vest
Illumination Theory

Encore:

Overture 1928
Strange Déjŕ Vu
The Dance of Eternity
Finally Free
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2014, 06:33:04 PM »
*sigh*

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2014, 06:43:00 PM »
*sigh*

What made you think there was a different setlist? :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2014, 06:53:59 PM »
*sigh*

Because no one has said otherwise anywhere in this thread.

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2014, 07:01:12 PM »
*sigh*

Because no one has said otherwise anywhere in this thread.

I'm pretty sure there's a higher chance of no one saying anything if they didn't change it. :P Although, to each their own logic.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2014, 07:08:43 PM »
I guess I should learn to use this :neverusethis: face if I am joking.  Saying this earlier:

Nope.

...didn't get my sarcasm across.   :lol

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2014, 07:27:28 PM »
I guess I should learn to use this :neverusethis: face if I am joking.  Saying this earlier:

Nope.

...didn't get my sarcasm across.   :lol

Use the green text! :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2014, 07:33:01 PM »
Just to match your avatar I will use green text when I am horny being sarcastic.