Author Topic: Elite's Roulette v. 2 - We're done; final results.  (Read 21955 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Elite's Roulette v. 2 - We're done; final results.
« Reply #210 on: October 02, 2013, 05:30:59 PM »
Yay!!! I'm at long last back in the victory column. Rich, this was a very well run roulette, especially given how busy you've been lately. I'm humbled to have outwitted and outlasted the competition. When Joe told me what he sent, I knew it would ultimately come down to whether you preferred "heavy" prog, or "medium" prog, as his three tracks were dy-no-MITE!  The only noticeable difference being mine were slightly heavier.

All participants deserve a  :tup.  And as usual, the real winner is the organizer, who now has a ton of new music to discover and enjoy.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #211 on: October 02, 2013, 05:33:01 PM »
Chad and I sent each others songs to each other and I really dug  Amaran's Plight - Coming of Age & Soul Secret - Aftermath.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #212 on: October 02, 2013, 05:39:30 PM »
Congrats to Jingle for winning this and for sending Soul Secret - even though I've been out for a while, I was still following. Pillars of Sand is still the best Soul Secret song though ;)
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2013, 07:38:52 AM »
Congrats Chad!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #214 on: October 04, 2013, 05:33:30 AM »
I must admit; all of the songs were awesome. Pretty cool that you guys sent each other the songs as well! Yeah, I guess I'm more into heavier prog than mellow prog (although I can enjoy both very much!). Both batches were amazing and I had a great time running this roulette :)

As promised, my band's first demo (because, hey, a little self-promotion for a prog band isn't bad right ;p ):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mURbuGpq-H8
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #215 on: October 04, 2013, 06:43:09 AM »
That was pretty freakin cool man!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #216 on: October 04, 2013, 08:42:43 AM »
I will check it out when I get home!  I already checked out your site band's Rich.  Damn cool.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC