Author Topic: Any Bryan Adams Fans in ?  (Read 4467 times)

Offline WardySI

Re: Any Bryan Adams Fans in ?
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2021, 07:00:01 AM »
I'm also a little gobsmacked since the OP 2013 there's very little mention of Bryan's classic albums, Reckless, Into The Fire, Cuts Like A Knife or the 2 albums prior!?

Sure WUTN hit big and regardless the Leppard sound there were some good tracks to be had!  But while Cuts Like A Knife may have put him on the map I'd argue it was Reckless that kept him there and solidified what is arguably one of the greatest 80's artists we had.  While different and less worldly than some, I think when classic 80's artists get discussed Adams is often unfairly overlooked.  Sure he continued on well past then and delivered some great stuff, but the 80's was classic-era Bryan Adams and was about as perfect cruising with the windows down music as it got!

I'd (respectfully) argue Cuts Like A Knife, One Night Love Affair, Somebody, Run To You, Heaven, 69, Kids Wanna Rock, Long Gone (stop me already that's most the album)... Into The Fire, Hearts On Fire, Another Day, Only The Strong even the OTT Native Son are all equal if not superior to most anything off Neighbours!?

Is that nostalgia talking?  Perhaps so, but seriously Kotowboy, treat yourself to some of those early albums as there's some wonderful material from that era there you're truly missing out on  ;D

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2021, 08:01:56 AM »
I'm also a little gobsmacked since the OP 2013 there's very little mention of Bryan's classic albums, Reckless, Into The Fire, Cuts Like A Knife or the 2 albums prior!?

Sure WUTN hit big and regardless the Leppard sound there were some good tracks to be had!  But while Cuts Like A Knife may have put him on the map I'd argue it was Reckless that kept him there and solidified what is arguably one of the greatest 80's artists we had.  While different and less worldly than some, I think when classic 80's artists get discussed Adams is often unfairly overlooked.  Sure he continued on well past then and delivered some great stuff, but the 80's was classic-era Bryan Adams and was about as perfect cruising with the windows down music as it got!

I'd (respectfully) argue Cuts Like A Knife, One Night Love Affair, Somebody, Run To You, Heaven, 69, Kids Wanna Rock, Long Gone (stop me already that's most the album)... Into The Fire, Hearts On Fire, Another Day, Only The Strong even the OTT Native Son are all equal if not superior to most anything off Neighbours!?

Is that nostalgia talking?  Perhaps so, but seriously Kotowboy, treat yourself to some of those early albums as there's some wonderful material from that era there you're truly missing out on  ;D

I'm completely with you, Reckless and Into The Fire are miles better than WUTN. And it didn't get better after that. Of course that's just my opinion and not actual fact, but while he was always kinda commercial and radio friendly right from the start, with WUTN he took that to another level. Sure he was successful but he lost some of what made him great. Not saying he sold out, but he moved in a slightly different direction that I couldn't really connect to as I could with his earlier work.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2021, 08:46:00 AM »
I really like "On A Day Like Today". It was like "...Neighbours" but a lot more organic sounding.

I've heard loads of early BA from his Best Ofs and Greatest Hits etc that I Own.

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2021, 08:22:14 PM »
If you’re a Bryan Adams fan I recommend you check out this album/band:

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the-war-on-drugs/i-don’t-live-here-anymore/

Definitely reminds me a lot of his music. It’s very good. 3.42 seems like a low rating but most of DT’s albums have lower ratings than that on that site.