Author Topic: Emerson Lake & Palmer Discography  (Read 46565 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Emerson Lake & Palmer Discography
« Reply #315 on: March 18, 2024, 01:38:41 PM »
jealous of those that got to see the formal ELP. this is why i try to see all the legends and heroes while there's still time

DO IT. I tell the same thing to my daughter.  There's no better time than the present. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #316 on: March 18, 2024, 01:44:21 PM »
Last I saw them was '96.  But the '92/'93 tours were what I remember.  I was third row center for the '93 show and I got a stick point and a wink from Carl during the show, and seeing Greg Lake from 10 feet way singing Pirates ("Six days, off the Cuban coast...") was transcendent.

I saw them in August 1992 (my seat was not as good as yours).  They closed the main set with Romeo & Juliet, Lucky Man, Pirates and Pictures at an Exhibition.  That was fucking surreal!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #317 on: March 18, 2024, 02:10:52 PM »
jealous of those that got to see the formal ELP. this is why i try to see all the legends and heroes while there's still time

DO IT. I tell the same thing to my daughter.  There's no better time than the present. 

:tup
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline romdrums

« Reply #318 on: March 19, 2024, 08:54:11 AM »
Last I saw them was '96.  But the '92/'93 tours were what I remember.  I was third row center for the '93 show and I got a stick point and a wink from Carl during the show, and seeing Greg Lake from 10 feet way singing Pirates ("Six days, off the Cuban coast...") was transcendent.

I saw them in August 1992 (my seat was not as good as yours).  They closed the main set with Romeo & Juliet, Lucky Man, Pirates and Pictures at an Exhibition.  That was fucking surreal!

Saw them on that tour as well. That was the same week that I got DT's Images and Words on cassette and I couldn't wait to show this cassette to my Dad and be like, "Dad, this is what ELP is inspiring!" Unfortunately, my walk-man ate not one, but two cassette copies of Images and Words and I was so disappointed!! Saw them in Cleveland and Detroit on back-to-back nights. Sets were the same, but ELP was on fire for both!

Last time I saw ELP was in 1998, I think. I think it was on their tour with Deep Purple, and Dream Theater opened.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #319 on: March 19, 2024, 11:20:08 AM »

Saw them on that tour as well. That was the same week that I got DT's Images and Words on cassette and I couldn't wait to show this cassette to my Dad and be like, "Dad, this is what ELP is inspiring!" Unfortunately, my walk-man ate not one, but two cassette copies of Images and Words and I was so disappointed!! Saw them in Cleveland and Detroit on back-to-back nights. Sets were the same, but ELP was on fire for both!

Last time I saw ELP was in 1998, I think. I think it was on their tour with Deep Purple, and Dream Theater opened.

Yeah...that would have been around the same time I first heard PMU on the radio and bought I&W.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung