Author Topic: SPECTICAST TO DISTRIBUTE DREAM THEATER: LIVE AT LUNA PARK TO THEATRES WORLDWIDE  (Read 29216 times)

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
And I'm surprised that there are no dates in South America yet. You know, the place where it was filmed. We've had the Big Four in theaters here, so we could have LALP too :S.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
Am I missing something or are prices not available yet?

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
I just purchased a ticket and it was $13.50

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
I must be missing something then. It says to select a showtime to display available tickets, but I can't figure out how to select the showing. When I click on it, it just opens a little popup with info about the movie.

Edit... jesus, figured it out. Either I'm dumb or this website is extremely hard to use.

Offline Whatsername

• Love is the Dance of Eternity
25 mins away from me in NJ? I think I'll go!

WHOA WHOA WAIT WHERE? Where in NJ? I couldn't find any.
We move in circles. Balanced all the while on a gleaming razor's edge.
A perfect sphere colliding with our fate. This story ends where it began.

Offline Whatsername

• Love is the Dance of Eternity
Westfield. September 23rd :)

https://www.digiplexdest.com/location.asp?house=2581&utm_source=Distrify&utm_medium=video-player&utm_campaign=Film-6880

Aw. I live about 30 minutes from Philly. And on a Monday? Nope, I'm definitely not making it to that one.  :\
We move in circles. Balanced all the while on a gleaming razor's edge.
A perfect sphere colliding with our fate. This story ends where it began.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
I just purchased a ticket and it was $13.50

Probably a little less than the DVD. Something to think about I guess. Could be a day of the screening decision.

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
So is SpectiCast the same thing as Digiplex? If I'm looking at a list of Digiplex showings, am I missing some or is that everything?  :huh:

Offline Shadow2222

So is SpectiCast the same thing as Digiplex? If I'm looking at a list of Digiplex showings, am I missing some or is that everything?  :huh:

Digiplex is a theater company (like Regal, Cinemark, iPic, etc.). There is a press release that was put out on DreamTheater.net that lists every showing and theater on it.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Why the fuck is this only playing on a Monday!?

Offline TheAtliator

ok thanks for reminding me, I was thinking, MAN these search engines are annoying, I want to see all CA showings at the same time and know I'm not missing any! Fortunately there are a ton within driving distance, but unfortunately the close one is an iPic which costs like $35 a person, and all the digiplex ones are much further.

And yes, damn it why the hell Monday..

Also, idk at all if this is a stupid question, but do any of these places not let under 21 in? Anyone know?

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
About the concert being aired in movie theaters
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2013, 05:45:54 PM »
This may sound stupid, but the theaters will be showing 'the main concert'. Will that include everything on the list right through PMU, or is the second night considered the bonus footage on the second DVD? Does anyone know this?
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline The Trooper

Me too! Only about 20 minutes away!

Offline TheAtliator

Re: About the concert being aired in movie theaters
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »
This may sound stupid, but the theaters will be showing 'the main concert'. Will that include everything on the list right through PMU, or is the second night considered the bonus footage on the second DVD? Does anyone know this?

I'm 95% sure they're showing just the whole first night because the setlist they posted on DT.net is-

1) Bridges In The Sky
2) 6:00
3) The Dark Eternal Night
4) This Is The Life
5) The Root Of All Evil
6) Lost Not Forgotten
7) Drum Solo
8) A Fortune In Lies
9) The Silent Man
10) Beneath The Surface
11) Outcry
12) Piano Solo
13) Surrounded
14) On The Backs Of Angels
15) War Inside My Head
16) The Test That Stumped Them All
17) Guitar Solo
18) The Spirit Carries On
19) Breaking All Illusions
20) Metropolis Pt. 1

and it said it was 160 minutes on one of the websites

But again, I still don't know if we've ever ruled out that just because the main set listed on the DVD was the set of the first night, that none of the recordings were from the second night for the songs that were repeated. But still, that doesn't change that they won't be showing those extra 6 songs from the second night.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
So who all is going to be at Marketplace Cinema in Winston-Salem next Thursday at 7:30?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

Bought two tix for Pasadena.  $58.  Appears that this is more than just an ordinary movie experience, as the Pasadena theater looks like it has waiter service at the seats.

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
Still no screenings anywhere near South America, the place where it was filmed. I know it's probably our local producers fault, but I actually got to see The Big 4 screening right here in Rio de Janeiro. Granted that it probably had more people wanting to see it due to Metallica and Megadeth's popularity + other people who like Slayer and Anthrax (like I do.) I'm pretty sure the Argentinians would love to watch it too, and they deserve it.

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
Still no screenings anywhere near South America, the place where it was filmed. I know it's probably our local producers fault, but I actually got to see The Big 4 screening right here in Rio de Janeiro. Granted that it probably had more people wanting to see it due to Metallica and Megadeth's popularity + other people who like Slayer and Anthrax (like I do.) I'm pretty sure the Argentinians would love to watch it too, and they deserve it.

THIS.  :)
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
So who all is going to be at Marketplace Cinema in Winston-Salem next Thursday at 7:30?

Possible, but unlikely.  That's 2.5-3 hours drive for me.  Not good for a weeknight.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Possible, but unlikely.  That's 2.5-3 hours drive for me.  Not good for a weeknight.
:(
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline morkie

I would love to go to the ones nearest me which would be Yonkers or White Plains, not sure if it's wise to start meetup threads for this or just organize in a single thread? I'm going alone, so it'd be cool to be among board company!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

I will be at the Pasadena screening on Sunday 22nd at 3pm.  Folks in Los Angeles should buy tickets quick because its a specialty theater with only about thirty seats.  I don't think there are any other venues screening this in the LA area. 

Offline 2Timer

I will be at the Pasadena screening on Sunday 22nd at 3pm.  Folks in Los Angeles should buy tickets quick because its a specialty theater with only about thirty seats.  I don't think there are any other venues screening this in the LA area.

Is that why the tickets were so expensive? When I saw that someone paid $29 per ticket, I couldn't believe it. I'm hoping the Digiplex showings will just be the price of a regular ticket. I would think they would be!

Offline TheAtliator

Is that why the tickets were so expensive? When I saw that someone paid $29 per ticket, I couldn't believe it. I'm hoping the Digiplex showings will just be the price of a regular ticket. I would think they would be!

Yea the one in Pasadena is like $30 (Actually I thought it was 35?) and that's the closest one to me. The digiplex ones are a couple hours away, but they're only like $12, so I'll probably be going to one of those, if I can go.

Offline Shadow2222

@2Timer - The Digiplex showings should be much cheaper. I've been thinking about purchasing tickets online since they are already available for the Digiplex in Solon, Ohio, and they are approximately $12 or $13 dollars per person.

@TheAtliator - I would gladly pay more to go to that iPic theater, check this video out! Although I don't think you are 21, so the joys of alcohol while watching a movie may be lost on you  :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb9js7fAeuo
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 02:30:15 PM by Shadow2222 »
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni

My wife and I will be there... looking forward to IT.

BTW Hef, I have a fairly good sized S. King library... if you can think of any of his volumes that you haven't read but would like to read, let me know and I'll bring them to you.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline TheAtliator

Are people under 21 allowed at iPic? And does the $29 ticket come with food (i doubt it) or is all food extra like a regular movie theater? Not that I would really chose to eat while watching LALP, but if I could before-hand..

edit: $29, Idk where I got $35  :P
edit again: Found a video to answer my questions. It comes with popcorn, and service to your seat if you want to buy more Squilliam Fancyson food and not just drinks, but beverages.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 03:00:54 PM by TheAtliator »

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
I expect full reports for us in less fortunate countries :laugh:

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
I expect full reports for us in less fortunate countries :laugh:

Yes... :(

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

My wife and I will be there... looking forward to IT.

BTW Hef, I have a fairly good sized S. King library... if you can think of any of his volumes that you haven't read but would like to read, let me know and I'll bring them to you.
Hey, man!

I appreciate it, but I actually have pretty much all of them.

I will be wearing my Radio City Music Hall shirt.  I can meet you guys out front if you want.

Offline 2Timer

Thanks, Shadow. That makes me feel better. I'd really hate to spend more to see them at the movies than I could spend on a concert ticket  :P

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson