Author Topic: SPECTICAST TO DISTRIBUTE DREAM THEATER: LIVE AT LUNA PARK TO THEATRES WORLDWIDE  (Read 29217 times)

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
I'm sure applause are appropriate though.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline senecadawg2

Yeah BABY... Winston Salem NC here I come!!

Sweet!! :tup
I'll be there!

Me too hopefully. Still a little confused though. How long are they going to be showing? Is it a one time thing on the 19th or will it show for a few days/week? I can't imagine it drawing too many people outside of a couple showings.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
I asked this in the other Luna Park thread, but I don't think anyone really responded.  Is it acceptable behavior to cheer, sing along, and pump your fist in the air during something like this in a movie theater?  I assume everyone there will be a diehard fan of DT.  When I experience DT, it's hard to hold back.

No.

I want my theater dead silent and I want to be able to just stare in undisturbed amazement.
This. It's fine at a real concert when they're actually there. But in a theater it's pretty irritating.

OK.  Glad I asked.  I'll have to limit myself to applause between songs and a solitary "Yeah!" or "Woo!" as the words "Dream Theater" appear during the opening credits.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline DTFan0789

Any of you PA folks plan on attending the Reading show?
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
That search engine says to me that there aren't any screenings within 800km of this area...  :P

Can't be right...  :sadpanda:
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

That search engine says to me that there aren't any screenings within 800km of this area...  :P

I'm really hoping that they haven't gotten around to booking all of the locations yet, and maybe that's why they created the mailing list.

Offline Whatsername

• Love is the Dance of Eternity
Any of you PA folks plan on attending the Reading show?

I was thinking about it but I live in South Jersey so Reading is a serious hike for me.
We move in circles. Balanced all the while on a gleaming razor's edge.
A perfect sphere colliding with our fate. This story ends where it began.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

I'll be there!

Me too hopefully. Still a little confused though. How long are they going to be showing? Is it a one time thing on the 19th or will it show for a few days/week? I can't imagine it drawing too many people outside of a couple showings.
I think it will be the one time on the 19th.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni

Once on the 19th and once on the 22nd.

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
How can we find out when and where this on? Ive found a map on the SpectiCast website which shows they have a set up like 10 mins from me. Hopefully

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
How can we find out when and where this on? Ive found a map on the SpectiCast website which shows they have a set up like 10 mins from me. Hopefully
Lucky! The closest one to me is 200+ Km away D:

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni

I'll be there!

Well... My wife and I will get to meet a few forum members!  Right ON!  And Hefdaddy to boot!!  Maybe we'll talk a little Stephen King while we're there... I've noticed that you read his work quite frequently. 
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I do indeed!  I look forward to meeting you!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
No wonder why the trailer had the movie voice over
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline senecadawg2

That's what I figured. It just threw me off that they have it as 'starting on the 19th'
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Peter Griffin

what an atrocious website and/or promoter. i searched for virginia, and nothing shows up. i searched for maryland, and a theater in virginia shows up. way to keep one of the largest metropolitan areas in the dark!

:tdwn

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It would take me 10hours to get to a screening, ain't gonna happen.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
No theaters in South America yet... I hope they'll be added because, you know, it was filmed here n sutff :P Not that I would travel to Argentina to see it (even though I like Argentina), but still...

That's what I figured. It just threw me off that they have it as 'starting on the 19th'

Maybe they mean starting world wide. Meaning certain other places might get it later, but still only have the one screening.

Offline Tis BOOLsheet

• Banned
Definitely not going to see this. In september there will already be way too much going on for me to spend extra money to see a DVD I plan on buying the deluxe version of, that should have been out months ago. My excitement for DT in September ( and I hope Oct) will be 100% focused on the new album, Joe Satriani live, GTA5, and the new iPhone  :lol

By the time October rolls around it'll be way to close to the release date and I'll still be on a high from all the aforementioned things.

Offline johncal

IOS 7 baby!

Offline Blazinarps

How awesome would it be to see this in an IMAX theater?!

Apparently there is no love for the SE part of the US...the closest place showing this is in OH (surprisingly acronym heavy)

Where do you see this?

Offline adastra

Great to have some news about Luna Park!  nearest cinema is Vienna  and I'm from Finland. Thats a looooong way.
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline The Presence of Frenemies

I'll be there!

I might be too.
Yeah, I have no idea what the cakeless person in that analogy is meant to be eating. If he's got some sort of cake substitute, it should really have been worked into the narrative at some point. As it stands, the options are:

• Hoard a cake just to stare blankly into its doughy edifice.
  • Make futile chewing motions with your mouth while starving to death.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
I do indeed!  I look forward to meeting you!

Look forward to meeting you as well Hef!

Looks like the forum may be well represented at this show!!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Shadow2222

I will DEFINITELY be going to the Solon, Ohio showing as long as it doesn't get rescheduled or anything. I'm very excited!
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Ħ

I'm really hoping that they haven't gotten around to booking all of the locations yet, and maybe that's why they created the mailing list.
Same. Most people that hear about this are just going to miss it.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
I wonder how this is different (if at all) from the iPic showings.
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Bosky, if it finds nothing within 50km, you can extend the search to 100km, then 200km, etc.  I did that and my nearest is Amsterdam. :(

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline The Stray Seed

• There is no greater Evil than the indifference of Good men.
  • non mihi, non tibi, sed Nobis.
No shows in Italy either...

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
25 mins away from me in NJ? I think I'll go!

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
No shows yet within 150km of Ottawa. When I go to 200km away, it only lists shows in the states near me. Poopy.

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
I'm surprised two different companies are showing LALP in theaters - very cool.
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson