Author Topic: SPECTICAST TO DISTRIBUTE DREAM THEATER: LIVE AT LUNA PARK TO THEATRES WORLDWIDE  (Read 29231 times)

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
heh, it's playing at two theaters that are very close to me, of course, it's during the weekend that I have to move my mother.  :facepalm:

Well, just tell your mom that you need to take a little 3-hour detour.

Hey, wait a minnit...  You are married, right?  And I presume your mate will be helping with the move?  Typically, to move someone, I'd say you need about 5 others to help.  Sound about right?  I'm envisioning a song here...

The mate in the mighty moving van,
The skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day
For a three hour [de]tour, a three hour [de]tour.

I just made that up right now.  I think it's pretty catchy.  What do you think?

:3hourtour:

I thought it was mastered wrong. When can I post a proper review of this?
This post was brought to you by Puppyonacid and subsequently ignored.

DTF's resident thread killer

Offline senecadawg2

How long will it be showing in these locations? I'm thinking about going, though I also have a real concert that weekend that might keep me from going.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
The nearest screening for me up here in Sweden is down in Amsterdam, Holland....
:-\ I'm probably blind but where did you find the dates?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
The nearest screening for me up here in Sweden is down in Amsterdam, Holland....

https://www.liveatlunapark.com/

Click the green triangle in what looks like a youtube video about to pop up.

• DTF.org Member

Thanks but for some reason I don't get a green triangle or any pop-up. Turned off Ad-block and tried with both IE and Chrome.  :sadpanda:
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni

Thanks but for some reason I don't get a green triangle or any pop-up. Turned off Ad-block and tried with both IE and Chrome.  :sadpanda:

It's in the middle of the "Video" window.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
I have always dreamed of being able to do this with Score.
In any case, only an hour for the nearest one for me - definitely!

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Does anyone else think that it's incredibly awesome that this is happening?? For the band that is. They must feel so proud and grateful that they finally have a record label who gives them this kind of support.

:metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline Ħ

One about 20 miles from me in Oceanside...I think I'll be going! But it's kind of odd that the showing locations are so sparce.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's like 50 miles after I plugged it into google maps. About an hour. Hmmmmm......could be worth it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:14:17 AM by Ħ »
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
How do you get just a list of theaters?  The search engine is lame and is only telling me there is nothing within 50 km.  Well, duh.  I didn't expect that there would be.  But I would like to know whether there is a venue that is someplace I could rasonably see going to.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ħ

Read Reply #41
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

• DTF.org Member

I guess internet is slow at my part of the world because this is what the site looks like for me:

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Read Reply #41

Yes, but that button only gives the search feature, which...well, read reply #46.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ħ

Oh I see. Well it appears that the search engine is lame. Wish they'd just give a theater list.

Offline ProgressiveIce

Meh, almost 300 km. :-[

However, there is that "I want to see this!" button where you can enter your email addy to "receive email updates about Dream Theater: Live At Luna Park and find out when it's available in your area". So perhaps not all theatres are listed yet.

Offline mikeyd23

Meh, almost 300 km. :-[

However, there is that "I want to see this!" button where you can enter your email addy to "receive email updates about Dream Theater: Live At Luna Park and find out when it's available in your area". So perhaps not all theatres are listed yet.

Yep, thats what I did, hoping that if something closer to me appears, I will be notified.

Offline hipodilski

To anybody from Bulgaria - several friends and me have started a campaign to try to reach out to our local biggest cinema chain (Arena) and try to convince them to buy the rights for one screening. Their email address is info@kinoarena.com, so I would appreciate if anybody from Bulgaria writes them down a message, telling them that we are all ready and willing to go to such a screening and could easily fill all the seats in whichever theater they decide to use.

Offline DTFan0789

Can somebody PLEASE provide the correct link where it lists the theaters that are going to be showing this? I can't find it anywhere. :(

EDIT:Sorry, I didn't read the conversations above, found it!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:26:12 PM by DTFan0789 »
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline JPX

Well I guess this explains the release delay!!

Am I missing something. How does this explain the delay?  :huh:

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni

I assume the delay comes because DVDs are typically released AFTER something has appeared in theaters, not before.  So if the band was in the works for this to appear in theaters, the DVD had to be postponed until after that took place.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni

They couldn't very well put together a large movie network to show Live at Luna park by May... it got delayed so they could show it and _THEN_ release it rather than release it and _THEN_ show it.

Offline JPX

I assume the delay comes because DVDs are typically released AFTER something has appeared in theaters, not before.  So if the band was in the works for this to appear in theaters, the DVD had to be postponed until after that took place.

I guess. It's just that this is hardly the new Batman movie so it's not like it has follow the conventional release process. The fact is that only a miniscule % of the population will go to see this so it doesn't really matter when it's shown in theaters.

Offline krands85

I guess internet is slow at my part of the world because this is what the site looks like for me:

It's like that for me too, FWIW
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
I guess. It's just that this is hardly the new Batman movie so it's not like it has follow the conventional release process. The fact is that only a miniscule % of the population will go to see this so it doesn't really matter when it's shown in theaters.

But how many would see it if they already owned their copies of the DVD/Bluray? It's like shooting themselves in the foot.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni

But how many would see it if they already owned their copies of the DVD/Bluray? It's like shooting themselves in the foot.

Good point.  To me, it's worth the wait.  How often do you get to see DT on the big screen?  Never.  It's something different.  And I'm psyched.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran

Good point.  To me, it's worth the wait.  How often do you get to see DT on the big screen?  Never.  It's something different.  And I'm psyched.

As much as I love DT, I probably wouldn't go see it in the theater if I had already owned it for four months.

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
I would be psyched, except I checked it out and the nearest location where it would be playing is in Ohio, and I live in Canada, so I'm certainly not going state side to watch a concert I have on Blu-Ray. So much for worldwide. But if something happens and they ARE going to book some locations in Toronto, I'll definitely check out DT on the big screen with big ass surround sound and all that goodness.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
I asked this in the other Luna Park thread, but I don't think anyone really responded.  Is it acceptable behavior to cheer, sing along, and pump your fist in the air during something like this in a movie theater?  I assume everyone there will be a diehard fan of DT.  When I experience DT, it's hard to hold back.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
I asked this in the other Luna Park thread, but I don't think anyone really responded.  Is it acceptable behavior to cheer, sing along, and pump your fist in the air during something like this in a movie theater?  I assume everyone there will be a diehard fan of DT.  When I experience DT, it's hard to hold back.

No.

I want my theater dead silent and I want to be able to just stare in undisturbed amazement.

Offline JPX

Personally, if it ends up being a really cool show, I would definitely go and see it at the theater even if I owned it.

Offline lyfeternl

How awesome would it be to see this in an IMAX theater?!

Apparently there is no love for the SE part of the US...the closest place showing this is in OH (surprisingly acronym heavy)
"...the last is just a flurry of notes...so just do it and hope you don't suck..." - JP

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Yeah BABY... Winston Salem NC here I come!!

Sweet!! :tup
I'll be there!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!

No.

I want my theater dead silent and I want to be able to just stare in undisturbed amazement.
This. It's fine at a real concert when they're actually there. But in a theater it's pretty irritating.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods