Author Topic: SPECTICAST TO DISTRIBUTE DREAM THEATER: LIVE AT LUNA PARK TO THEATRES WORLDWIDE  (Read 29222 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
For immediate release.

SPECTICAST TO DISTRIBUTE
DREAM THEATER:
LIVE AT LUNA PARK TO THEATRES WORLDWIDE

THE LONG-AWAITED CONCERT FILM FROM TOP NAME IN PROGRESSIVE METAL CAPTURED OVER TWO NIGHTS FROM BUENOS AIRES

NEW YORK, NY (August 15, 2013)– SpectiCast and Eagle Rock Entertainment are once again collaborating to distribute the long-awaited DREAM THEATER: LIVE AT LUNA PARK concert film to theatres worldwide beginning Thursday, September 19, 2013.  This anticipated cinematic event was captured over two nights during the final leg of the band’s 15-month “A Dramatic Turn Of Events” world tour, which hit 35 countries. DREAM THEATER: LIVE AT LUNA PARK was filmed in Buenos Aires, Argentina – home to one of Dream Theater’s most ardent fan-bases.

DREAM THEATER: LIVE AT LUNA PARK runs for 160 minutes and features many of Dream Theater’s classic tracks, including, “Metropolis Pt. 1,” “The Silent Man,” “Pull Me Under,” “The Root Of All Evil,” “The Test That Stumped Them All,” “The Spirit Carries On,” and the recent track “On The Backs Of Angels.” Dream Theater formed in 1985 under the name Majesty and has remained a top name in progressive metal ever since.

“DREAM THEATER: LIVE AT LUNA PARK is a fantastic addition to our ROCK IN CINEMA series,” said Mark Rupp, Co-Founder and President of SpectiCast.  “We are delighted to continue our relationship with Eagle Rock Entertainment, bringing theatrical releases of concerts by some of the world’s best musical groups to theatres around the globe.”

DREAM THEATER: LIVE AT LUNA PARK will premiere on the SpectiCast network beginning September 19 2013.  For more information, visit www.liveatlunapark.com and www.specticast.com.

Furthermore, DREAM THEATER – the first self-titled collection in the GRAMMY®-nominated band’s nearly three decade career – arrives at last on September 24th.  The album is now available for pre-order in a wide range of distinctive versions, including standard and special edition CDs, 180 Gram Vinyl Double LP, and a Limited Edition Box Set. Fans who pre-order the album via the iTunes Store will receive an instant free MP3 download of the Dream Theater’s new single, “The Enemy Inside.” Preorders are also available at Dream Theater’s Webstore as well as at the Roadrunner Records Webstore.

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Well I guess this explains the release delay!!

I'm still confused. Where do I find the theaters it will be playing in???

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
bosk1 uses press release!

It's super-effective.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets

Offline weezul

hopefully some showings in England!
https://www.liamgaughan.com
--Production--Performance--Tuition--

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
No screenings anywhere near me. Bummer.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Surprisingly, there's actually a showing in my continent! Unfortunately, it would take a couple of hours to drive there, and wouldn't be too convenient. Hm....
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
No showings in the UK as far as I can tell. Disappointed there's no new trailer with the actual audio, but a very cool thing to do!

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
The nearest screening for me up here in Sweden is down in Amsterdam, Holland....

Offline cyberdrummer

That's also the nearest for me :lol

Online SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
The nearest screening for me up here in Sweden is down in Amsterdam, Holland....
:sadpanda:
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline Whatsername

• Love is the Dance of Eternity
Yeah, if there was one in my area I'd go, but I can't justify driving several hours to go see this. Damn you college with your inordinately expensive bills!
We move in circles. Balanced all the while on a gleaming razor's edge.
A perfect sphere colliding with our fate. This story ends where it began.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
No showings within a 800km radius from my home.  :sadpanda:

Hopefully other dates will be added in the future.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline serrano

• DTF.org Alumni
No cinemas in the Frankfurt area, well, i'll have to wait for the DVD... :sadpanda:

Offline Shadow2222

Woah, I may be going after all! There is a theater 20 miles away playing it.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline aprilethereal

Now it's "beginning October 2013". They really know how to delay pretty much everything ::)

Offline cyberdrummer

Well the Amsterdam showing is on the 21st September.

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
This post was brought to you by Puppyonacid and subsequently ignored.

DTF's resident thread killer

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
I'm def attending the Amsterdam showing, it's a half hour drive from my hometown.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
This post was brought to you by Puppyonacid and subsequently ignored.

DTF's resident thread killer

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
OH FUCK YESS!! This is in a theater 25 minutes from me  :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah BABY... Winston Salem NC here I come!!

Sweet!! :tup
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Shadow2222

I just realized they linked the wrong website in the poster. It takes you to a page about a dancing film called "A Dancer's Dream."  :lol
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Theater in Reading is about an hour drive for me, so I doubt I'll end up doing this. Who knows, closer to the time I might change my mind.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
Theater in Reading is about an hour drive for me, so I doubt I'll end up doing this. Who knows, closer to the time I might change my mind.

Do it. For us who wish they had a showing just one hour away from where we are.  :'(
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
heh, it's playing at two theaters that are very close to me, of course, it's during the weekend that I have to move my mother.  :facepalm:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
heh, it's playing at two theaters that are very close to me, of course, it's during the weekend that I have to move my mother.  :facepalm:

No problem, you'll just have to change the location you're moving her to. :P
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Where is it playing?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online mikeyd23

Hmm... Playing in a theater about 2 hours from me.... Might be worth the drive!!

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
fun fact: the pics of DT aren't from the Luna Park date (the pic of JLB is from High Voltage and the pic of JP is from Tokyo, and the rest of them have nondescript wardrobes globdammit) ;D

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online mikeyd23

fun fact: the pics of DT aren't from the Luna Park date (the pic of JLB is from High Voltage and the pic of JP is from Tokyo, and the rest of them have nondescript wardrobes globdammit) ;D

Yeah I noticed that MM's kick drums in the poster picture don't have the ADToE art on them, so that clearly isn't from the Luna Park shows!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

Well, just tell your mom that you need to take a little 3-hour detour.

Hey, wait a minnit...  You are married, right?  And I presume your mate will be helping with the move?  Typically, to move someone, I'd say you need about 5 others to help.  Sound about right?  I'm envisioning a song here...

The mate in the mighty moving van,
The skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day
For a three hour [de]tour, a three hour [de]tour.

I just made that up right now.  I think it's pretty catchy.  What do you think?

:3hourtour:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
:3hourtour:

bwahaha