Author Topic: Going out on a date with a complete stranger.  (Read 15237 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Going out on a date with a complete stranger.
« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2023, 07:30:21 AM »
The only reason to 'fold' (ie, so it ends up like a hot-dog; not like a calzone) pizza is you're eating some pie that is limp-af.
That, and I think size has a lot to do with it. Here in NY, is not uncommon for slices to be a tad too big (for my taste, at least). So if the slice is big, I will probably fold it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2023, 08:21:16 AM »
The only reason to 'fold' (ie, so it ends up like a hot-dog; not like a calzone) pizza is you're eating some pie that is limp-af.
That, and I think size has a lot to do with it. Here in NY, is not uncommon for slices to be a tad too big (for my taste, at least). So if the slice is big, I will probably fold it.

This is fair play, especially if you're walking (which is not uncommon).   

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2023, 08:33:13 AM »
I mean, it's one thing to arc it and shape it a bit for ease, but I don't want crust on the bottom and crust on top. Then it's just a calzone or a hot pocket.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2023, 08:51:40 AM »
Fold or don't fold, I've done both.

But folding doesn't decrease number of bites, really.  It's the same amount of pizza.  You're still putting the same quantity of material in your mouth before you bite it, unless you're a fucking weirdo.  It's the same amount of pizza, you should eat it in the same amount of time.

It's just a different, more secure way of holding it, especially if you're eating while walking, or eating a fucking huge slice.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2023, 08:55:23 AM »

But folding doesn't decrease number of bites, really.  It's the same amount of pizza.  You're still putting the same quantity of material in your mouth before you bite it, unless you're a fucking weirdo.  It's the same amount of pizza, you should eat it in the same amount of time.

It's just a different, more secure way of holding it, especially if you're eating while walking, or eating a fucking huge slice.

Well, in theory, total up and down chews doesn't really decrease, but it does cut down the amount of bites out of the actual slice of pizza, because you're taking in twice as much pizza each time you bite the slice.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #180 on: December 07, 2023, 09:17:22 AM »
I mean, it's one thing to arc it and shape it a bit for ease, but I don't want crust on the bottom and crust on top. Then it's just a calzone or a hot pocket.
This is my thought. I definitely make a U shape out of a larger, NY style slice of pizza to keep it from flopping around too much. But I'd never fold it completely in half.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2023, 09:20:24 AM »

Well, in theory, total up and down chews doesn't really decrease, but it does cut down the amount of bites out of the actual slice of pizza, because you're taking in twice as much pizza each time you bite the slice.
Why would you take in twice as much pizza?  The pizza is now twice as thick.  Why wouldn't you take a smaller bite than if it was unfolded? 

Unless you eat unfolded pizza like a normal person and folded pizza like a ravenous wolfhound.  Which, I don't know, maybe you do.  But I'm putting the same quantity of stuff into my facehole whether it's folded or not.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #182 on: December 07, 2023, 09:22:04 AM »

Why would you take in twice as much pizza?  The pizza is now twice as thick.  Why wouldn't you take a smaller bite than if it was unfolded? 

Unless you eat unfolded pizza like a normal person and folded pizza like a ravenous wolfhound.  Which, I don't know, maybe you do.  But I'm putting the same quantity of stuff into my facehole whether it's folded or not.

Yeah,  but it's at a different pace. There's a difference between bites and chews. The chews stay the say, but the bites decrease.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: December 07, 2023, 09:24:21 AM »
Folding pizza is the way

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2023, 09:25:19 AM »
I hate pizza. Like, I literally cannot stand the thought of biting into it.

Alright, I see myself out :rollin

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2023, 09:32:47 AM »
Folding pizza is the way

... to chaos!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2023, 09:40:35 AM »

Yeah,  but it's at a different pace. There's a difference between bites and chews. The chews stay the say, but the bites decrease.
What?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2023, 10:34:45 AM »
Finally.  I've infected Tim.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2023, 10:49:20 AM »

NEVER underestimate that facet of the conversation.  :) :) :)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2023, 11:20:42 AM »

Maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly.

When I take a bite of pizza, I'm taking a mouthful of pizza.  If it's folded, I'm still taking a mouthful.  If I take a bit of folded pizza, and then unfold it, it's the same amount of pizza I would have if I took a bite of unfolded pizza.

I'm always taking a mouthful.  So it's the same number of bites.  It's the same number of mouthfuls.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2023, 11:56:57 AM »
That's what she said.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2023, 11:57:46 AM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2023, 12:24:25 PM »

Maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly.

When I take a bite of pizza, I'm taking a mouthful of pizza.  If it's folded, I'm still taking a mouthful.  If I take a bit of folded pizza, and then unfold it, it's the same amount of pizza I would have if I took a bite of unfolded pizza.

I'm always taking a mouthful.  So it's the same number of bites.  It's the same number of mouthfuls.

Ok...

Here's a slice of pizza..

Here is it folded in half..

This circle represents one bite of the pizza..

Now, here's how many bites of the flat slice it takes to eat it..

..and here is the folded in half slice..

You may have just as many in mouth "chews" as it's the same amount of food, but at the point of intake, it's 16 bites, or actions, to eat the flat slice, and about half as many bites, or actions, to eat the folded slice.

Therefore, you gat on avaeage about half the bites of the folded slice than you do the flat slice.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2023, 12:34:16 PM »
:slowclap:

I love the effort you put into that  :lol :topscore:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2023, 12:58:38 PM »
That assumes that the size of the circles are the same whether flat or folded.  1=1; 2=2; 3=3 etc....  What Hef is saying is that with a folded pizza, the 'circle size' of the bite is smaller, because it's twice as thick.

Unless you take kid-sized bite of a flat pizza, or can mystically double the capacity of your mouth with a folded pizza, your logic is flawed.

HOW THE FUCK DID WE GET THIS DEEP INTO FOLDED PIZZA IN THIS THREAD!?!?!?

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2023, 01:21:05 PM »
I have been known to do the old chip/fries pizza sandwich.  Slice of pizza, shit load of chips on top, maybe some ranch sauce on the chips, then sandwich the top of that bitch with another slice of pizza face down.   

To be honest dude, that sounds fucking incredible. I'd maybe switch up the sauce, but other than that I'm good to go.

Pizza is probably my favourite food so I'd fold it, roll it, fucking smoke it. Just get it in me.

Also kudos to your post Tim, but I have some issues...

1. What sort of bland white pizza they serving in 'Murica?

2. Either that pizza slice is huge, or your mouth is tiny, which is it? There ain't no way a regular slice is 16 bites!! It's like 6 max!

3. Folded pizza is like 4 bites :lol
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 01:27:08 PM by twosuitsluke »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2023, 01:24:16 PM »
I have been known to do the old chip/fries pizza sandwich.  Slice of pizza, shit load of chips on top, maybe some ranch sauce on the chips, then sandwich the top of that bitch with another slice of pizza face down.   

To be honest dude, that sounds fucking incredible. I'd maybe switch up the sauce, but other than that I'm good to go.

Pizza is probably my favourite food so I'd fold it, roll it, fucking smoke it. Just get it in me.

Pizza enema?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2023, 01:37:28 PM »
Ok...

Here's a slice of pizza..

HOW THE FUCK DID WE GET THIS DEEP INTO FOLDED PIZZA IN THIS THREAD!?!?!?

This shit right here is why I love DTF!  Y'all are awesome!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2023, 01:47:40 PM »

Pizza enema?

Oh, you mean Sunday breakfast? Sure.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2023, 01:51:13 PM »
GOD DAMMIT

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2023, 02:00:35 PM »
:slowclap:

I love the effort you put into that  :lol :topscore:

I was thinking the same thing.  That's epic.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2023, 02:36:42 PM »
That assumes that the size of the circles are the same whether flat or folded.  1=1; 2=2; 3=3 etc....  What Hef is saying is that with a folded pizza, the 'circle size' of the bite is smaller, because it's twice as thick.

Unless you take kid-sized bite of a flat pizza, or can mystically double the capacity of your mouth with a folded pizza, your logic is flawed.

No it isn't. A bite of pizza will be predicated on how deep and wide you can get your mouth around it. Folded or not, you're going to put in your mouth as far back as you can, therefore the circumference of each bite will be constant whether it's folded or not. The fact that its folded and ultimately twice as thick, shouldn't affect the ground area of the actual bite.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2023, 02:38:52 PM »
You may have just as many in mouth "chews" as it's the same amount of food, but at the point of intake, it's 16 bites, or actions, to eat the flat slice, and about half as many bites, or actions, to eat the folded slice.

Therefore, you gat on avaeage about half the bites of the folded slice than you do the flat slice.
No.

First of all, I don't know WTF you are talking about "chews" for. No one is talking about chewing, because that's not what we're talking about.

Whether a slice is flat or folded, it is still the same amount of pizza. If my bite is a mouthful, which it is, it's a mouthful either way. If I can eat a flat slice in 10 bites,then it it will still take me 10 bites of a folded slice, because one bite = one mouthful of pizza. Neither my mouth nor the pizza has increased or decreased in volume due to the action of folding the slice.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2023, 02:44:59 PM »

No it isn't. A bite of pizza will be predicated on how deep and wide you can get your mouth around it. Folded or not, you're going to put in your mouth as far back as you can, therefore the circumference of each bite will be constant whether it's folded or not. The fact that its folded and ultimately twice as thick, shouldn't affect the ground area of the actual bite.

How does the volume of food you can put in your mouth all of a sudden allow for *double* the amount of pizza in a single bite?  Let me ask you this.  Let's say it takes 16 bites to finish a 10oz NY striploin.  If you fold it in half, are you going to finish it in 8 bites?

If you're finishing a folded slice in 1/2 the bites, then you're taking different sized bites depending on flat vs folded; Hef's stance is that he takes the same volume of food no matter if the slice is flat, or folded.  This isn't that complicated.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2023, 02:49:12 PM »
I mean, I certainly didn't think it was lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2023, 02:51:43 PM »

How does the volume of food you can put in your mouth all of a sudden allow for *double* the amount of pizza in a single bite?  Let me ask you this.  Let's say it takes 16 bites to finish a 10oz NY striploin.  If you fold it in half, are you going to finish it in 8 bites?

If you're finishing a folded slice in 1/2 the bites, then you're taking different sized bites depending on flat vs folded; Hef's stance is that he takes the same volume of food no matter if the slice is flat, or folded.  This isn't that complicated.

But that's the difference between a bite and a chew. Yes, if you fold the steak in half, you'll consume it in half the bites, but just as many chews.

Bite= Biting off a piece of the thing that you put in your mouth
Chew= Chewing it once it's in your mouth

You can't make your mouth twice as deep or twice as wide, but you can double the height of whatever your eating generally.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2023, 02:54:27 PM »
What TAC is saying makes sense though. Is not about the volume of food going into your mouth, but about how much you can bite off in a single bite. If you fold it, that is twice as much as if it was unfolded.

Think about taking two slices of bread, separate, you need twice as many bites to eat them. If you stack them, you can bite off more with a single bite.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2023, 02:55:21 PM »
This would be a wonderful conversation while on a date with a complete stranger.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2023, 02:57:12 PM »
What TAC is saying makes sense though. Is not about the volume of food going into your mouth, but about how much you can bite off in a single bite. If you fold it, that is twice as much as if it was unfolded.

Think about taking two slices of bread, separate, you need twice as many bites to eat them. If you stack them, you can bite off more with a single bite.

Exactly. Thank you.

This would be a wonderful conversation while on a date with a complete stranger.

:lol :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2023, 02:57:43 PM »
For NY style, folding is the proper way to eat it.

If it's Chicago style, you got bigger problems my friend.