Going out on a date with a complete stranger.

Started by Chino, August 15, 2013, 05:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Gold

Quote from: Chino on August 15, 2013, 09:38:03 PMHowever, there is a pretty serious/concerning kicker....

She's never seen Avatar

It sounds to me like she's absolutely perfect for you. :lol ;)

Glad to hear it went well! :tup

Nick

Next week's thread: "How do I break up with a girl who didn't like Avatar?"

Ultimetalhead

Good on you, man. I met up with one girl from an online dating site in person (We went to the same university, imagine that). Never panned out into a relationship, but we're still pretty solid friends. It's cool, because neither of us knows anyone else in our social circle, so it's kind of like having a mystery stranger you can talk about literally anything with because none of it will ever come back to you.

lonestar

Sweet bro, sounds like it went well. As to the Avatar thing, people just have different taste, some have good taste, and some have Avatar fishtanks.
Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

jingle.boy

Quote from: gmillerdrake on August 15, 2013, 08:33:50 PM
I just pictured the last scene from 'Boogie Nights' where Mark Wahlberg was looking into the mirror psyching himself up

Funny, I was thinking Stuart Smalley.

:tup to Chino and the awesome evening.

Quote from: Chino on August 15, 2013, 09:38:03 PM
wever, there is a pretty serious/concerning kicker....

She's never seen Avatar

Sounds like an opportunity.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

ReaperKK

That sounds awesome Chino, glad it went well, keep us posted if you're going to meet up again.

There is always something exciting about meeting someone new for the first time. I remember going to Busch Gardens with a friend of a friend, it was supposed to be a group trip but everyone bailed but this girl still wanted to go and I did too. Had an awkward for 10 minute car ride then had an awesome day. Dated for 3 years but still remain friends.

Chino

Quote from: Nick on August 15, 2013, 09:53:34 PM
Next week's thread: "How do I break up with a girl who didn't like Avatar?"

I really hope not.

Quote from: jingle.boy on August 16, 2013, 03:40:51 AM

Quote from: Chino on August 15, 2013, 09:38:03 PM
wever, there is a pretty serious/concerning kicker....

She's never seen Avatar

Sounds like an opportunity.

Already in the works  :tup

Quote from: lonestar on August 16, 2013, 12:40:08 AM
Sweet bro, sounds like it went well. As to the Avatar thing, people just have different taste, some have good taste, and some have Avatar fishtanks.

:lol :lol

Quote from: Ultimetalhead on August 16, 2013, 12:32:19 AM
It's cool, because neither of us knows anyone else in our social circle, so it's kind of like having a mystery stranger you can talk about literally anything with because none of it will ever come back to you.

So much this. My last girlfriend of 16 months was never brought into my social circle, and it was fantastic.

Chino

Another funny little tidbit from last night... At one point we were talking about music and what concerts we've been to recently. She said something like "I love all kinds of music. I could sit and listen to 99.99% of all music", I replied "Challenge accepted. I bet I have your .01%". Of course I was referring to Dream Theater.

bosk1

If you do not like Avatar, we are not a match.

lonestar

Quote from: Chino on August 16, 2013, 07:07:43 AM
Another funny little tidbit from last night... At one point we were talking about music and what concerts we've been to recently. She said something like "I love all kinds of music. I could sit and listen to 99.99% of all music", I replied "Challenge accepted. I bet I have your .01%". Of course I was referring to Dream Theater.
:rollin

Now the big question, if you play her SDOIT, and she loves it, what then?
Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

Chino

Quote from: lonestar on August 16, 2013, 07:09:39 AM

I hope to hell that she doesn't find this place  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Quote from: bosk1 on August 16, 2013, 07:08:32 AM
If you do not like Avatar, we are not a match.

Obviously.

BlobVanDam

Red flag right there. Make her listen to Immortal until she admits that this line is BS every single time someone says it.

bosk1

Quote from: Chino on August 16, 2013, 07:11:17 AM

I know a certain P/R thread I bet she'd love to join in.  :)

jsem

If things progress further, you will no longer be able to keep DTF a secret from her. Lol.

Chino

Quote from: bosk1 on August 16, 2013, 07:16:32 AM

I know a certain P/R thread I bet she'd love to join in.  :)

My point exactly   :lol

Quote from: jsem on August 16, 2013, 07:20:41 AM
If things progress further, you will no longer be able to keep DTF a secret from her. Lol.

Fuck that. I went well over a year with my last g/f without her finding out. The only way she's finding this place is if she for some reason feels compelled to look for a Dream Theater message board, or she gets access to my laptop and goes through my internet history.

bosk1

If you get access to Chino's laptop and go through his internet history, we are not a match.

BlobVanDam

If I get access to Chino's laptop and go through his internet history, and the most incriminating thing he has is DTF, we are not a match.

Chino

bosk1

If I get access to Chino's laptop and go through his internet history, I will need someone to pay for retina replacement surgery.

Zydar

lonestar

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

Chino

Quote from: bosk1 on August 16, 2013, 07:59:09 AM
If I get access to Chino's laptop and go through his internet history, I will need someone to pay for retina replacement surgery.

Get on my level, Bosk.

senecadawg2

If she finds the page and decides to break things off with you, it's not the end of the world. However, if she finds it and doesn't...

jsem

If you ever get serious, remove all your posts on DTF.

Dark Castle

Quote from: BlobVanDam on August 16, 2013, 07:14:55 AM

Red flag right there. Make her listen to Immortal until she admits that this line is BS every single time someone says it.
Better yet, play her some Wormrot

jingle.boy

Quote from: jsem on August 16, 2013, 09:15:07 AM
If you ever get serious, remove all your posts on DTF.

On the flipside, if you find you're not a match, show her this place and insist that your handle is AndyDT.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Orbert

Chino

Orbert

jsem

Agreed. You're probably giving us way too much info in this thread to begin with, lol.

bosk1

Quote from: Orbert on August 16, 2013, 11:32:19 AM
That's probably for the best.

Quote from: jsem on August 16, 2013, 12:02:30 PM
Agreed. You're probably giving us way too much info in this thread to begin with, lol.

Agreed.

So... pictures?

Chino

Quote from: bosk1 on August 16, 2013, 12:04:16 PM
Quote from: Orbert on August 16, 2013, 11:32:19 AM
That's probably for the best.

Quote from: jsem on August 16, 2013, 12:02:30 PM

Agreed.

So... pictures?

How have I possibly given out way too much info?

No pictures.

lonestar

:corn

C'mon man, need something to give my sad ass life a smidgen of excitement...

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

TioJorge

Zydar