News:

The staff at DTF wish to remind you all that a firm grasp of the rules of Yahtzee can save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  Be safe out there.

Main Menu

Going out on a date with a complete stranger.

Started by Chino, August 15, 2013, 05:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stadler

All I know is the odds of me counting my chews at dinner just increased, and knowing myself like I do, I'm likely going to be burning brain cells working through this while watching the Bruins later.  Thanks. Thanks a lot.

lonestar

Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

TAC

Quote from: Stadler on December 07, 2023, 02:07:49 PM
All I know is the odds of me counting my chews at dinner just increased, and knowing myself like I do, I'm likely going to be burning brain cells working through this while watching the Bruins later.  Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Bullshit. Pretty sure you're usually figuring out mouth width and depth, at least during the pregame show. ;D
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

hefdaddy42

Quote from: Vmadera00 on December 07, 2023, 01:54:27 PM
What TAC is saying makes sense though. Is not about the volume of food going into your mouth, but about how much you can bite off in a single bite. If you fold it, that is twice as much as if it was unfolded.

Think about taking two slices of bread, separate, you need twice as many bites to eat them. If you stack them, you can bite off more with a single bite.
No. One mouthful = one mouthful.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

jingle.boy

How TAC and Victor learned to eat as children...

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

pg1067

Quote from: jingle.boy on December 07, 2023, 01:44:59 PM
How does the volume of food you can put in your mouth all of a sudden allow for *double* the amount of pizza in a single bite?  Let me ask you this.  Let's say it takes 16 bites to finish a 10oz NY striploin.  If you fold it in half, are you going to finish it in 8 bites?

Now I want to try folding my steak.

Tim, I see where you're going, but if I'm eating this burger:

I'm going to take bigger "bites" (in the 2-dimensional sense that you previously described) than if I'm eating this burger:

Why?  Because, in the 3-dimensional sense, I want roughly the same volume of food in each bite.

TAC

Quote from: pg1067 on December 07, 2023, 03:13:05 PM
Quote from: jingle.boy on December 07, 2023, 01:44:59 PM
How does the volume of food you can put in your mouth all of a sudden allow for *double* the amount of pizza in a single bite?  Let me ask you this.  Let's say it takes 16 bites to finish a 10oz NY striploin.  If you fold it in half, are you going to finish it in 8 bites?

Now I want to try folding my steak.

Tim, I see where you're going, but if I'm eating this burger:

I'm going to take bigger "bites" (in the 2-dimensional sense that you previously described) than if I'm eating this burger:

Why?  Because, in the 3-dimensional sense, I want roughly the same volume of food in each bite.

Well, the problem there is that it's too tall for the height of your mouth, and therefor likely an outlier to what I'm saying. The height of the burger will change the how deep you can put it in your mouth and how wide as well. In the example of a pizza, or Victor's two bread slice example, the height of the folded pizza slice or the two pieces of bread does not change the length and width of the actual bite.

wolfking

Quote from: Adami on December 07, 2023, 05:37:58 AM
Minus the ranch dressing, Wolfs idea don't sound too bad.

And folding pizza is the correct way. Unless it's not NY style.

Thank you sir!  I mean, you can use any sauce you want, or if there's enough pizza sauce on your pizza, then no sauce required, it's all a win!

wolfking

Quote from: twosuitsluke on December 07, 2023, 12:21:05 PM
Quote from: wolfking on December 06, 2023, 07:54:19 PM
I have been known to do the old chip/fries pizza sandwich.  Slice of pizza, shit load of chips on top, maybe some ranch sauce on the chips, then sandwich the top of that bitch with another slice of pizza face down.   

To be honest dude, that sounds fucking incredible. I'd maybe switch up the sauce, but other than that I'm good to go.

It sounds incredible because it is incredible!!  As I mentioned, you have options for sauce, or no sauce.

Also, reading through the last page is making my head spin like a top!

wolfking

Quote from: Indiscipline on December 07, 2023, 01:55:21 PM
This would be a wonderful conversation while on a date with a complete stranger.

I'm so grateful in reading the last page before my blind date tonight.  I've been stressing hard on a conversation piece.

TAC

hefdaddy42

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Stadler

Quote from: TAC on December 07, 2023, 02:13:30 PM
Quote from: Stadler on December 07, 2023, 02:07:49 PM

Bullshit. Pretty sure you're usually figuring out mouth width and depth, at least during the pregame show. ;D

This is unfortunately true.  :)