Author Topic: Going out on a date with a complete stranger.  (Read 14875 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Going out on a date with a complete stranger.
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2023, 03:07:49 PM »
All I know is the odds of me counting my chews at dinner just increased, and knowing myself like I do, I'm likely going to be burning brain cells working through this while watching the Bruins later.  Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2023, 03:08:36 PM »
 :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2023, 03:13:30 PM »
All I know is the odds of me counting my chews at dinner just increased, and knowing myself like I do, I'm likely going to be burning brain cells working through this while watching the Bruins later.  Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Bullshit. Pretty sure you're usually figuring out mouth width and depth, at least during the pregame show. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2023, 03:36:07 PM »
What TAC is saying makes sense though. Is not about the volume of food going into your mouth, but about how much you can bite off in a single bite. If you fold it, that is twice as much as if it was unfolded.

Think about taking two slices of bread, separate, you need twice as many bites to eat them. If you stack them, you can bite off more with a single bite.
No. One mouthful = one mouthful.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2023, 04:00:46 PM »
How TAC and Victor learned to eat as children...

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2023, 04:04:36 PM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2023, 04:09:15 PM »
How TAC and Victor learned to eat as children...

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2023, 04:13:05 PM »
How does the volume of food you can put in your mouth all of a sudden allow for *double* the amount of pizza in a single bite?  Let me ask you this.  Let's say it takes 16 bites to finish a 10oz NY striploin.  If you fold it in half, are you going to finish it in 8 bites?

Now I want to try folding my steak.

Tim, I see where you're going, but if I'm eating this burger:

I'm going to take bigger "bites" (in the 2-dimensional sense that you previously described) than if I'm eating this burger:

Why?  Because, in the 3-dimensional sense, I want roughly the same volume of food in each bite.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2023, 04:20:56 PM »
How does the volume of food you can put in your mouth all of a sudden allow for *double* the amount of pizza in a single bite?  Let me ask you this.  Let's say it takes 16 bites to finish a 10oz NY striploin.  If you fold it in half, are you going to finish it in 8 bites?

Now I want to try folding my steak.

Tim, I see where you're going, but if I'm eating this burger:

I'm going to take bigger "bites" (in the 2-dimensional sense that you previously described) than if I'm eating this burger:

Why?  Because, in the 3-dimensional sense, I want roughly the same volume of food in each bite.

Well, the problem there is that it's too tall for the height of your mouth, and therefor likely an outlier to what I'm saying. The height of the burger will change the how deep you can put it in your mouth and how wide as well. In the example of a pizza, or Victor's two bread slice example, the height of the folded pizza slice or the two pieces of bread does not change the length and width of the actual bite.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2023, 04:35:08 PM »
Minus the ranch dressing, Wolfs idea don’t sound too bad.

And folding pizza is the correct way. Unless it’s not NY style.

Thank you sir!  I mean, you can use any sauce you want, or if there's enough pizza sauce on your pizza, then no sauce required, it's all a win!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2023, 04:37:34 PM »
I have been known to do the old chip/fries pizza sandwich.  Slice of pizza, shit load of chips on top, maybe some ranch sauce on the chips, then sandwich the top of that bitch with another slice of pizza face down.   

To be honest dude, that sounds fucking incredible. I'd maybe switch up the sauce, but other than that I'm good to go.

It sounds incredible because it is incredible!!  As I mentioned, you have options for sauce, or no sauce.

Also, reading through the last page is making my head spin like a top!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2023, 04:39:51 PM »
This would be a wonderful conversation while on a date with a complete stranger.

I'm so grateful in reading the last page before my blind date tonight.  I've been stressing hard on a conversation piece.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2023, 04:55:12 PM »
This is how I'm picturing you people eating pizza

https://youtube.com/shorts/Zgta0TNQp5c?si=SvHg1QmW6eYWr7UA
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #225 on: December 07, 2023, 08:09:11 PM »
This is how I'm picturing you people eating pizza

https://youtube.com/shorts/Zgta0TNQp5c?si=SvHg1QmW6eYWr7UA

And if he folded it in half, he could have a slice twice as big.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #226 on: December 08, 2023, 06:53:02 AM »

Bullshit. Pretty sure you're usually figuring out mouth width and depth, at least during the pregame show. ;D

This is unfortunately true.  :)