Author Topic: The Enemy Inside Discussion Thread  (Read 272384 times)

Offline AVFTTOTW

Re: The Enemy Inside Discussion Thread
« Reply #2345 on: October 24, 2021, 04:58:34 PM »
Cont..

3:33 - 4:16 in The Enemy Inside is basically a paraphrase of the entire song of Prophets Of War  :o

This explains the deju vu I mentioned when I first heard the song. Still, has anyone else ever observed this?
La ilaha illa'llah, Muhammadun Rasoolullah
"Soon We shall show them Our signs in the horizons and in their own souls until it becomes clear to them that He is the Reality.
Is it not sufficient that your Lord is witness to  all things?" - Qur'an 41:53

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
Re: The Enemy Inside Discussion Thread
« Reply #2346 on: October 24, 2021, 05:23:55 PM »
Cont..

3:33 - 4:16 in The Enemy Inside is basically a paraphrase of the entire song of Prophets Of War  :o

This explains the deju vu I mentioned when I first heard the song. Still, has anyone else ever observed this?

I've also noticed the section from 4:02-4:16 does sound a little similar to the chorus of Prophets of War. I don't think the section before that really resembles any part of Prophets of War beyond any superficial level, though. I guess some might see it as a bad thing that certain parts of a song sound similar to a previous song, but I think it's pretty interesting when it comes up. It'd probably bother me if it popped up a lot, but it's a rare instance to hear a similarity to a previous Dream Theater song, so I don't mind it at all.