Author Topic: Hey guys, here's a little thing about me that I discovered.  (Read 9500 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Hey guys, here's a little thing about me that I discovered.
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2013, 01:49:55 PM »
They're pretty religious, but I haven't been to church in years, so I have a feeling that they know, but they just call me a non practicing Catholic heh.
Sounds like they know. I think the term 'atheist' tends to have a negative connotation amongst the religious community, so they're probably sugar-coating it a bit in their minds. Just my guess.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2013, 08:26:35 AM »
That took a lot of courage, DC, way to go  :tup

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2013, 09:05:28 AM »
Your courage is very inspiring! Awesome.

As for the atheist/catholic issue I know how that feels. I'm atheist but I'm a Mormon atheist!  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2013, 02:33:13 PM »
Oh gawd, I can't imagine those dinner table conversations  :lol
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2013, 10:25:42 PM »
Coming into this thread way too late, but there was a time during my puberty where I was fantasizing about it myself. For me it was just a phase, but because of that experience I can totally understand it and support it.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2013, 11:15:19 AM »
For some reason I just thought of this scene in Mallrats:

"I woulda been a sexy chick!"

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2018, 12:32:22 AM »
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 05:39:49 AM by IDontNotDoThings »
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2018, 12:36:45 AM »
Uhh, hi...

So, I didn't want to make a new thread for this, but to put it bluntly, I'm also coming out as transgender. This is the first time I've announced this publicly (I've yet to tell anyone irl) & I figured it'd help with confidence if I could at least tell someone about it now. These feelings have only showed up fairly recently, but with how strongly I've been feeling them lately, along with the subtle clues I've noticed in my behaviour over the years, I really do think it's the right decision for me.

I hope you'll understand...

Mad respect man. I'm actually writing my dissertation on a subsection of the transgender community.

I hope one day we get to a point where gender is fully realized as a spectrum, and not binary. I hope, in your journey, that you find your place on the spectrum, whether it be static or fluid, and don't let societies ideas of gender push you one way or another.

But as I said, you have all my respect.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2018, 12:39:05 AM »
Uhh, hi...

So, I didn't want to make a new thread for this, but to put it bluntly, I'm also coming out as transgender. This is the first time I've announced this publicly (I've yet to tell anyone irl) & I figured it'd help with confidence if I could at least tell someone about it now. These feelings have only showed up fairly recently, but with how strongly I've been feeling them lately, along with the subtle clues I've noticed in my behaviour over the years, I really do think it's the right decision for me.

Mad respect man. I'm actually writing my dissertation on a subsection of the transgender community.

I hope one day we get to a point where gender is fully realized as a spectrum, and not binary. I hope, in your journey, that you find your place on the spectrum, whether it be static or fluid, and don't let societies ideas of gender push you one way or another.

But as I said, you have all my respect.

:hug:

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2018, 01:35:03 PM »
Well, this seems the appropriate occasion to post "The Elephant in the Room" from The Axis of Awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtmijUzgXpo

They're a comedy trio from Australia. If you heard about them, most likely you heard their "4 chords song" which is a medley of many pop songs that use the same chords progression.

Their singer is a transgender, so on the first tour when the singer was no longer a "he" but a "she", they felt appropriate to start the show by addressing "the elephant in the room".

Just watch it, and stay until the very end. It's worth it.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2018, 10:05:06 AM »
The only thing I'd add to what Jackie said is that no reputable doctor is going to do anything to you without you getting plenty of therapy and counseling beforehand. Might as well start now. Really, that's the first step for pretty much any scenario.

This. Seek therapy to help you understand and dig deeper into these feelings, also to help you learn coping strategies in dealing with friends, society, parents if transition is ultimately what you seek. This is your journey. Get the best advice and help that you can. From a professional.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2018, 01:58:54 AM »
The only thing I'd add to what Jackie said is that no reputable doctor is going to do anything to you without you getting plenty of therapy and counseling beforehand. Might as well start now. Really, that's the first step for pretty much any scenario.

This. Seek therapy to help you understand and dig deeper into these feelings, also to help you learn coping strategies in dealing with friends, society, parents if transition is ultimately what you seek. This is your journey. Get the best advice and help that you can. From a professional.

Yeah, that's exactly what I plan on doing.The idea that I can't be put on anything yet is a little disheartening, but I guess coping strategies are the next best thing.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2018, 07:42:22 AM »

Yeah, that's exactly what I plan on doing.The idea that I can't be put on anything yet is a little disheartening, but I guess coping strategies are the next best thing.

I think the important thing that I would like to reinforce is what you just wrote, and that's the notion of "therapy" as a "strategy", coping or otherwise.   In my limited (but still probably more than many) experience in this, "therapy" comes across as "fix your problem", and it's not that at all.  I can't speak for anyone else here, but when I say "therapy" it's not code for "you're fucked up and you need to get fixed".  It's straight up just we all need all the help we can get, and if you can get a knowledgeable, sympathetic therapist to help you navigate the tough waters - as well as to keep you honest, because in my humble experience the most common "problem" that we humans - gay, straight, trans, otherwise - experience is that we have a hard time being honest with ourselves (but that's another thread, I think) - you'll undoubtedly be better off.   
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 07:54:52 AM by Stadler »

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2018, 04:35:51 PM »
Uhh, hi...

I don't have anything 'constructive' to add, but I want to add my 'voice' to those wishing you (and others in this boat) all the best with this. It's probably a very rough and even scary situation to be in, and you might come across pockets of society which can be cruel, but I think (hope?) most people are cool about things like this these days. Post in here if you have a rough moment and need some online good vibes. And whichever road you decide to go with it, my only advice is to try not to struggle with it too much, internally. Self-discovery is a complicated process for everyone. It's easy for me to write this, I know, but try to take things easy and let stuff occur to you naturally and over time.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2018, 04:46:42 PM »
Uhh, hi...

I don't have anything 'constructive' to add, but I want to add my 'voice' to those wishing you (and others in this boat) all the best with this. It's probably a very rough and even scary situation to be in, and you might come across pockets of society which can be cruel, but I think (hope?) most people are cool about things like this these days. Post in here if you have a rough moment and need some online good vibes.

This. I don't know you very well but you have my support.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2018, 04:58:09 PM »
+1 to everything everyone above already said. Best of luck, friend.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2018, 12:56:25 PM »
Uhh, hi...

I don't have anything 'constructive' to add, but I want to add my 'voice' to those wishing you (and others in this boat) all the best with this. It's probably a very rough and even scary situation to be in, and you might come across pockets of society which can be cruel, but I think (hope?) most people are cool about things like this these days. Post in here if you have a rough moment and need some online good vibes.

This. I don't know you very well but you have my support.
Ditto.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2019, 04:17:18 AM »
So today I had my first appointment with my endochrinologist and now I can officially start hormone therapy! :biggrin: :heart

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2019, 06:37:46 AM »
So today I had my first appointment with my endochrinologist and now I can officially start hormone therapy! :biggrin: :heart

Congrats!!!

It’s a scary and exciting time. Feel free to message me if you ever want to talk about it. :)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2019, 06:58:14 AM »
Excellent! Congratulations, and best wishes going forward.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2019, 09:12:48 PM »
 :tup :tup
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2019, 08:29:14 PM »

Fuck yeah!! :heart