Author Topic: Anyone have any good stuff from the latest tour  (Read 7776 times)

Offline Ytsejammin

• The biggest DT freak in Idaho
Anyone have any good stuff from the latest tour
« on: July 28, 2009, 02:28:17 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone had any good shows from the most recent European tour and if they would be willing to make arrangements to obtain. I looked at joining the bootleg hub but , it looks like it's more of a private club for some reason. They want you to download client software AND get a recommendation from another hub member it seems.

Through natures inflexible grace , I\'m learning to live.

Offline ddtonfire

Re: Anyone have any good stuff from the latest tour
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 08:08:58 PM »
You could try your luck with dimeadozen.com , which employs torrenting. They keep a strict sharing ratio, though.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 03:40:49 AM »
Edit: Nevermind, mis-read the title

Offline Ytsejammin

• The biggest DT freak in Idaho
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:31:38 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion but...dimeadozen looks over complicated. I wonder why shows arn't available for download directly from HERE.
Through natures inflexible grace , I\'m learning to live.

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 04:49:57 PM »
First new bootleg up on Dimeadozen.

DVD Miami Show, entire show!
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 11:24:59 AM »
Come on DTF!!!

No interest in seeing this? I'm nearly done downloading, in a couple of hours I'll post the quality and stuff.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0

Offline lutima

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 07:09:04 AM »
The dvd of the Miami show is simply AWESOME !!!!  :tup
I do want to share it here, but I donīt know if Iīm allowed to share it and how  :-\
(Jerry ?)

Thanks for the suggestion but...dimeadozen looks over complicated. I wonder why shows arn't available for download directly from HERE.

Itīs not complicated at all. The only thing is when you are done downloading, you have to make sure to keep seeding the download for a couple of days to let others download the torrent as well.

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 01:11:11 PM »
can someone PM me the download?

Offline kefka

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 01:19:12 PM »
wow, fantastic DL rate.  impressive site overall, and so long as the bands allow taping, and the video/audio recordings aren't sold, looks completely legal.  i look forward to checking out the miami show in 38 minutes before i head out to see the band :)

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 07:39:33 PM »
can someone PM me the download?

This. I know not my way around torrents.

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 10:05:15 PM »
What?! A show's finally up and on DVD??! Crap, dime's down for their regular maintenance. Haha.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 10:12:57 PM »
You could try your luck with dimeadozen.com , which employs torrenting. They keep a strict sharing ratio, though.

How are you suppose to download these files? I can't find anyway to download them. It's such a different system...Fuck.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 10:52:13 PM by ResultsMayVary »
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline kefka

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 11:26:49 PM »
first get yourself a bittorrent client.  you can find the standard client at bittorrent.com

then, register for dimeadozen.org.  takes all of five minutes.

then, once registered, go to torrents > search, and enter "Dream Theater" (including "").

you'll get a list of shows, the miami show was at the top of the list when i searched it.  click on the link, and it will take you to a page with the show info, setlist, encoding info, and region of the dvd (NTCS).

click on the link for the torrent itself, and it will download to your computer.  double click on it, and it will load your bittorrent application.  from there, it should start automatically, but if it doesn't, select the file in the menu, and press the play button at the top of the client.  the whole 4.32GB show downloaded for me in under an hour.  now, dimeadozen has a fairly strict ratio rule (ie, how much you download vs. how much you allow others to upload from you), so just make sure that you leave the file uploading for at least an 80% ratio (this can be set in preferences).

big note:  this is completely legal.  DT allows performances to be taped, video and audio, depending on the venue.  if you want to keep it this way, never ever ever sell or buy bootlegs from anyone except the band.  selling for profit is not only illegal, but is the quickest way to get DT to stop allowing people to record their shows, which would suck.

big note two:  bittorrent can be used to illegally download copyrighted material.  do so at your own peril.  this can result in anything from having your internet turned off by your ISP, to prison terms and very very high fees.  if you're not sure if something is legal or not, assume it's not and don't download it.  if it's something like live shows, check the band's website, or forums like these, to check legality issues.  almost every band will have a taping policy somewhere on their website.

enjoy the show!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 01:32:35 AM »
The dvd of the Miami show is simply AWESOME !!!!  :tup
I do want to share it here, but I donīt know if Iīm allowed to share it and how  :-\
(Jerry ?)

Itīs not complicated at all. The only thing is when you are done downloading, you have to make sure to keep seeding the download for a couple of days to let others download the torrent as well.

Yes, unless it is a banned show (which this isn't), it can be shared.

As for how, if it is up on Dime, I recommend people find it there.  Otherwise, if someone wants to vine it, trade it, etc., that's fine too.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lutima

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 05:53:39 AM »
I have the boot on my computer, but I can't seem to burn it (right) to a dvd stand alone player  :-\
I have had this problem for several times.
Try www.dimeadozen.org and do as said here, you'll get a lot of great boots that way  :tup

Oh btw, I use Flashget to download, works perfectly. As soon as I get this boot to dvd, I'll vine it.

Caroline

Offline Blu

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »
Now this sux; I tried to logon and I'm guessing my account got deleted because I haven't downloaded in so long, it says my e-mail isn't in the database to recover my account, and it won't let me rejoin because it doesn't like my e-mail address....lol....I feel so unloved....

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 10:13:40 AM »
Caroline, I haven't checked since the download completed, but isn't it formatted to where it gives you all the video files in a Video TS folder?  If so, all you do is copy that entire folder to a DVD-R.  Some standalone players won't play those, but there's nothing you can do about that.  At the very least, you can play it on your computer.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 10:15:57 AM »
Caroline, I haven't checked since the download completed, but isn't it formatted to where it gives you all the video files in a Video TS folder?  If so, all you do is copy that entire folder to a DVD-R.  Some standalone players won't play those, but there's nothing you can do about that.  At the very least, you can play it on your computer.

Or you can try to use a converter, and turn it into an avi file. But I've never done that before. Burning those files with Nero usually works fine with me.
But I must say that I haven't burned a dvd in ages.

Offline lutima

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 02:58:34 AM »

That might be my problem, thanks Jerry  :tup I have a dvd recorder and player, costs a lot and doesn't play any of these boots  :tdwn, now my other player which costs 30 euros might play it  ;D
I'm a collector for years and still don't get a few things  ::) I'll try again.

@Joost, I tried to convert it, but then you have the watermark on the vid  :P

Anyway good news ! Szabi put the download torrent of this dvd on his site, so for those who want this, go HERE :
https://www.trialoftears.net/sounds.html

Edit...I did try again...why I did this the hard way, while it was such a simple thing to do ? :blush
Got it and it plays everywhere !  :D Thanks again Jerry  ;)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:26:23 AM by lutima »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 06:22:31 AM »
The Boston show is now up on Dime..audio only.
They guy that uploaded it thinks there's better quality ones that will surface. It sounds good to me, and James sounds great!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 12:21:46 AM »
Watching the Miami show now.  Almost done (in the volume swell part of TCOT), and I have to say James sounds phenominal.  The thing about a bootleg is that you KNOW there is no overdubbing, correcting, etc.  And that being said, this has to be one of James' best shows ever.  I can't believe how consistent he is.  I mean, it's not perfect--it's rock & roll.  But it's very, very good.

Thanks for the info on Boston, TAC. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 12:29:23 AM by bosk1 »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 08:31:08 AM »
I haven't had a chance to watch the Miami show yet, but James sounds pretty good on the Boston boot. Still waiting for farve4 to upload his version. He always does a great job.

As far as James goes, his vocal amp was about 24 inches from my face so we heard him very clearly the whole show.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 01:34:42 PM »
So, is the Miami one recorded by Dream Theater and released as such, or just some guy with a camera?

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 01:49:48 PM »
Just a guy that sneaked in a camera.

Offline kefka

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 04:10:51 PM »
if you're a DIME member, i'm currently seeding ZPZ's set from boston, bruce springsteen's set from bonnaroo, and a really killer kathleen edwards show from manchester last year.  my bandwidth has a fairly strong UL rate, so i hope if you'll looking for the ZPZ set, downloading it won't take too long, plus will help my ratio :)

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 07:46:06 PM »
I haven't seen any up on Dime since the Boston show. Anyone know of all done between then and now?

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2009, 06:26:05 AM »
if you're a DIME member, i'm currently seeding ZPZ's set from boston, bruce springsteen's set from bonnaroo, and a really killer kathleen edwards show from manchester last year.  my bandwidth has a fairly strong UL rate, so i hope if you'll looking for the ZPZ set, downloading it won't take too long, plus will help my ratio :)

Great, ZPZ is really appreciated!

Offline petrucci07

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2009, 12:23:12 PM »
Apparently the Search feature on Dimeadozen is useless. Can anyone help me out with a link to the Boston show please?

EDIT: found it, it's cool.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 12:36:21 PM by petrucci07 »

Offline toao

• DTF Ghost
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2009, 02:38:10 PM »

That might be my problem, thanks Jerry  :tup I have a dvd recorder and player, costs a lot and doesn't play any of these boots  :tdwn, now my other player which costs 30 euros might play it  ;D
I'm a collector for years and still don't get a few things  ::) I'll try again.

@Joost, I tried to convert it, but then you have the watermark on the vid  :P

Anyway good news ! Szabi put the download torrent of this dvd on his site, so for those who want this, go HERE :
https://www.trialoftears.net/sounds.html

Edit...I did try again...why I did this the hard way, while it was such a simple thing to do ? :blush
Got it and it plays everywhere !  :D Thanks again Jerry  ;)

:heart  U
<br />The problem with being in charge of other people is that the people you\'re in charge of are people.  And people are idiots.<br />
<br />I\'m on Twitter bloggi85

Offline toao

• DTF Ghost
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 05:18:21 AM »
That bootleg is awesome! Currently watching Erotomania, and so far it's been a great performance by all the members!
Thanks for much for sharing!
<br />The problem with being in charge of other people is that the people you\'re in charge of are people.  And people are idiots.<br />
<br />I\'m on Twitter bloggi85

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 07:34:31 AM »
I was hoping there was a bootleg from the L.A. show but i can't find any. :tdwn