Author Topic: Penn & Teller: Fool Us  (Read 24063 times)

Offline yorost

• Inactive
Re: Penn & Teller: Fool Us
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2013, 07:55:38 PM »
Oh, I see what you were saying. I don't think he ever shows that the entire back sides are blank, just that half of each is blank on part of the deck. If he has some cards that are fully blank he can show those, but any time there's a fan he only needs a half face to be blank. If he only ever fans one side, he has 156 halves to work with. If he fully fans both sides he has 104 to work with. He only needs full sides blank if he cuts at that card. Didn't he discard much of the deck before fanning? That would mean if he's careful he might even be able to have all four half faces used in the numbers section (or maybe the suits, actually, 4 suits and dividers help him count numbers section. Hey, that mekse sense, that's a fixed cut every time if it's the suits, he could put those 4 on the same cards without having to count, possibly), just make sure the trim is white where he is counting. He just has to dump those before he fans, but it would really let him condense the numbers section.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:09:29 PM by yorost »

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2013, 07:05:43 PM »
I don't think there was any twin brother involved. The girl walked with Strange when he took the screen out, behind the screen. Young crept out, girl went in. Strange went behind the back with the flag, Young appeared. Note how Young makes a very elaborate move to remove the screen; my guess is Strange just went backstage from behind the screen and appeared at the back of the audience.
Three problems. First off, he didn't have enough time to get to the back of the auditorium. He need the flag waving time to make the trip. Second, people have been doing that trick for ages, and twins are how they've always done it. Lastly is Penn's question at the end which was honestly probably a bit too overt. He asked if P&T could have pulled off that trick, and the boys comically avoided the answer, to wit Penn added "that secret, well kept for the rest of your lives, can make you world famous."

Yes, that does make it a bit difficult indeed.. I'll have to think about that one.

Now watching episode 3; Mr. Piff is fucking brilliant :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2013, 06:28:28 AM »
Well I'll be damned. Good for Collin.

Offline TL

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »
I have to hand it to Colin. Guy had what seemed to be a crazy dream, but he seems to actually be doing alright for himself.

Anyway, I've watched a few episodes of this show so far. Good stuff.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2013, 11:14:56 PM »
Are you friends with him on FB? I still touch base with him from time to time. I'm jealous of a lot of the stuff he does,

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 03:08:12 AM »
Is Colin the bedeceived guy? What was his username?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2013, 06:27:15 AM »
Icy.

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2013, 05:03:29 PM »
from a lesser magician...   :biggrin:

"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."