Author Topic: The Metallica Thread v. Reloaded  (Read 383834 times)

Offline aurorablind

Re: The Metallica Thread v. Reloaded
« Reply #4200 on: February 04, 2017, 03:23:40 PM »
Oh shoot!  :|

We’re very disappointed to have to share with you that unfortunately as Saturday has progressed, James’ health, and specifically his throat, is not improving and he is under strict doctor’s orders to not sing one single note. So sadly we have to report that we will be postponing tomorrow’s show in Copenhagen at the Royal Arena until September 2, 2017.

Our week here in Copenhagen is something we have had circled on the calendar for a very long time as a special event not only for our friends in Denmark but also for us and we were really looking forward to celebrating the new arena with you. To those of you who were there yesterday, we appreciate you encouraging us to carry on... that meant the world to us! We all felt really bummed that we were unable to give you the maximum Metallica experience; it was one of the most challenging shows we’ve ever played, but your love and support got us through.

We know that many of you made travel plans to spend the weekend with us and we are very sorry for any inconvenience this will cause. We hope that you will be able to come back to Copenhagen in September and we’ll do our best to make it up to everyone with something unique for you at the make-up gig, along with a kick ass show of course! And to Aphyxion, the band who won your votes to be Sunday’s opening act, we hope you’re available in September.

Thank you again for all the support and care you’ve always shown us in Denmark. We will be back!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4201 on: February 04, 2017, 04:04:49 PM »
Poor James.

Get well soon.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4202 on: February 04, 2017, 09:03:23 PM »
Sucks but life happens, at least they have a make-up gig scheduled.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4203 on: February 06, 2017, 07:31:27 AM »
Oh man, that sucks, hopefully James recovers quick.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4204 on: February 06, 2017, 08:42:40 AM »
What's worse...

Some guy who posted on the Metallica forum said he's booked tickets to see Metallica 3 times in the past.

And they've cancelled the gig each and every time. And Metallica NEVER cancel gigs.

What a let-down ! :(  That's gonna hurt. I hope he can make it in September. Poor guy.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #4205 on: February 06, 2017, 09:13:24 AM »
Rumor just reported that Metalllica is doing a US stadium tour this summer with Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat supporting.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rumor-metallica-to-tour-u-s-with-avenged-sevenfold-volbeat/

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4206 on: February 06, 2017, 10:36:06 AM »
Rumor just reported that Metalllica is doing a US stadium tour this summer with Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat supporting.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rumor-metallica-to-tour-u-s-with-avenged-sevenfold-volbeat/

I'm not a big fan of AS or Volbeat, I'm also not a big fan of stadium concerts, but if they come to Pittsburgh, I'm there. This album is too good to miss the supporting tour.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4207 on: February 06, 2017, 10:42:14 AM »
 :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

I am so there.  That's a massive tour.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #4208 on: February 06, 2017, 10:54:14 AM »

I'm not a big fan of AS or Volbeat, I'm also not a big fan of stadium concerts, but if they come to Pittsburgh, I'm there. This album is too good to miss the supporting tour.

I don't like A7X (though I have mad respect for them), and Volbeat I just bad. But I am excited for the stadium bit though. Never seen em in that big of scale so it could be fun!

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #4209 on: February 06, 2017, 10:56:16 AM »
saw Avenged at the Orion fest in 2012. They were awesome. I was going to go see Metallica anyways when they toured the US, but holy cow is it awesome to see a great opener on top of it.

Although, I'd rather see them play the Garden than Gillette, but it's the first time in 8 years they've toured the States, so I'll take it any way I can get it at this point.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4210 on: February 06, 2017, 11:38:41 AM »
I don't like A7X (though I have mad respect for them), and Volbeat I just bad. But I am excited for the stadium bit though. Never seen em in that big of scale so it could be fun!

Eh, honestly I'd rather see them indoors in arenas rather than outdoor stadiums. For example, seeing concerts at PPG Paints Arena (where the Penguins play in Pittsburgh) is always a much better experience than seeing bands play Heinz Field (where the Steelers play). The sound at outdoor stadium gigs is just never as good. I get it, stadiums hold more people, more tickets sold, higher revenues, etc.. etc.. just not my personal preference.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #4211 on: February 06, 2017, 12:05:12 PM »

Eh, honestly I'd rather see them indoors in arenas rather than outdoor stadiums. For example, seeing concerts at PPG Paints Arena (where the Penguins play in Pittsburgh) is always a much better experience than seeing bands play Heinz Field (where the Steelers play). The sound at outdoor stadium gigs is just never as good. I get it, stadiums hold more people, more tickets sold, higher revenues, etc.. etc.. just not my personal preference.

Same here, I like arenas better. More intimate. But I'll take what I can get.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4212 on: February 06, 2017, 12:50:28 PM »

Damn! I was hoping for a nice summer concert here in Italy! Hope they'll pass by sometime later in the year...
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4213 on: February 06, 2017, 01:53:51 PM »

Same here, I like arenas better. More intimate. But I'll take what I can get.

Yea, I mean, I'd go further and would rather have a club concerts, but that's not happening.  Well at least not on my budget for seeing Metallica since they actually played Webster Hall last year

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4214 on: February 06, 2017, 02:21:55 PM »
Yea, I mean, I'd go further and would rather have a club concerts, but that's not happening.  Well at least not on my budget for seeing Metallica since they actually played Webster Hall last year

Seeing Metallica in a club would be fantastic. But, like you said, unlikely.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4215 on: February 07, 2017, 10:28:22 AM »
I'm seeing dates on facebook, but no official announcement yet.  Saturday October 7th in NYC, but no venue listed so not sure if this is legit, but a Saturday night in NYC with Metallica and Avenged sounds like an amazing evening.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4216 on: February 07, 2017, 01:54:10 PM »

Tonight's set.

3 songs shorter than normal and Orion.

James not taking too many chances It looks like.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4217 on: February 07, 2017, 01:59:52 PM »
Good call, that's a pretty vocal friendly set for Het. Hopefully he gets through it well.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #4218 on: February 07, 2017, 02:45:07 PM »
Lady Gaga is performing with Metallica at The Grammy's next week.  Interesting.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4219 on: February 07, 2017, 02:49:40 PM »
I hope they do something interesting.

Not just Nothing Else Matters or Sandman with Gaga trading vocals with Hetfield.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4220 on: February 07, 2017, 02:50:48 PM »
I'm getting the impression they're not playing much off the new record, which is kinda bummer.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4221 on: February 07, 2017, 02:54:11 PM »
I'm sure they will eventually. They played like 5 or 6 songs from it earlier in the tour.

They're probably playing it safe with James not being 100%

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4222 on: February 07, 2017, 02:56:01 PM »
I hope so. I'm seeing them twice in March when they come down to Mexico City, and I'm really hoping to hear lots of Hardwired. I know we're getting the usual Master/Sandman/NothingElseMatters/etc. drill, but I really want to hear some of the new tunes.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4223 on: February 07, 2017, 02:56:53 PM »
Look at the set from Seoul. It'll probably be close to that if they're all better by then.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4224 on: February 07, 2017, 03:04:52 PM »
HARDWIRED 
ATLAS, RISE! 
SAD BUT TRUE 
WHEREVER I MAY ROAM 
THE UNFORGIVEN 
NOW THAT WE'RE DEAD  Live Debut
MOTH INTO FLAME 
HARVESTER OF SORROW 
HALO ON FIRE  Live Debut
THE FOUR HORSEMEN 
ONE 
MASTER OF PUPPETS 
FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS 
FADE TO BLACK 
SEEK AND DESTROY 
ENCORE

BATTERY 
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS 
ENTER SANDMAN

SEOUL KOREA

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #4225 on: February 07, 2017, 05:43:22 PM »
When I see them on this tour (Chicago), I'd like to hear at least 7 tunes from Hardwired

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4226 on: February 08, 2017, 02:30:58 AM »
Just saw this on another forum :

" Saw people at the gig not singing along...If you don't know every single word to every song - you're not even a fan and you should not be allowed in "

:rollin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfHM781UzKc 

WHIPLASH

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4227 on: February 08, 2017, 07:26:12 AM »
I think 5 or 6 songs from the new album is pretty good in a Metallica set. They have a lot of material to cover.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4228 on: February 08, 2017, 08:03:17 AM »
I think 5 or 6 songs from the new album is pretty good in a Metallica set. They have a lot of material to cover.

Agreed. Also, I think there are only 5 or 6 songs I feel like I'd want to see over older stuff anyway since I've never seen them live. 

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4229 on: February 08, 2017, 08:11:38 AM »

Agreed. Also, I think there are only 5 or 6 songs I feel like I'd want to see over older stuff anyway since I've never seen them live.

Right, that's what's tricky about a Metallica set, there are a lot of songs that fans (casual not diehards) kinda expect to hear. Diehards might not want to, but your average concert goer is going to want to hear Seek, Hit, Creeping, Fade, Bells, Master, Battery, One, Sandman, Sad, Unforgiven, NEM, Fuel, etc... That's a bunch of set time right there.

I think they have been doing a good job so far of playing new stuff, live standards, and some other random things as well.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4230 on: February 08, 2017, 08:33:55 AM »

Right, that's what's tricky about a Metallica set, there are a lot of songs that fans (casual not diehards) kinda expect to hear. Diehards might not want to, but your average concert goer is going to want to hear Seek, Hit, Creeping, Fade, Bells, Master, Battery, One, Sandman, Sad, Unforgiven, NEM, Fuel, etc... That's a bunch of set time right there.

I think they have been doing a good job so far of playing new stuff, live standards, and some other random things as well.

Well for me, it isn't even about just seeing the classics. I'd love to also see some old deep cuts as well.  I'm sure there will be other opportunities to see Metallica again to catch some of the classics.  But really, for me, after the top 6 songs on HTSD, the quality goes down that I'd really rather not even see those songs vs. older staples OR older rarer live songs.  I like the one setlist from China that didn't include some of the biggest hit songs.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4231 on: February 08, 2017, 08:37:55 AM »
I've never seen Metallica live and If I ever went to a gig - I wouldn't be sad if they didn't play Sandman, One or Nothing Else Matters.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4232 on: February 08, 2017, 08:39:32 AM »
I'm with you on Nothing Else Matters. How did that ever get into the "must play every night" echelon?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4233 on: February 08, 2017, 08:41:21 AM »
I've posted this before but I'd rather swap the following staples for lesser played songs...

1. Enter Sandman for King Nothing

2. Nothing Else Matters for Mama Said or Hero Of The Day

3. Sad But True for Devil's Dance

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4234 on: February 08, 2017, 08:42:55 AM »
I've posted this before but I'd rather swap the following staples for lesser played songs...

1. Enter Sandman for King Nothing

2. Nothing Else Matters for Mama Said or Hero Of The Day

3. Sad But True for Devil's Dance

There's not one song in this post that I'd care to see.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol