Author Topic: The Pixar Theory  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
The Pixar Theory
« on: July 13, 2013, 01:07:52 AM »
Thoughts? Interesting (warning: long) read through the movies regardless.

https://mashable.com/2013/07/12/the-pixar-theory/

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: The Pixar Theory
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 10:33:01 AM »
That is really interesting. What got me was the trailor and truck in the witch's place. Now I want to Watch them again...haha
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 01:26:14 PM »
Amazing.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 03:14:31 PM »
fascinating and creative theory, but there are definitely holes in it.  the one that got me, if the monsters are afraid of interacting with humans who could mess up society again, why would monsters be 'banished' to the human world? thats the only thing that really got me, otherwise pretty solid reasoning

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 03:49:53 PM »
MIND BLOWN
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 07:25:38 PM »
Seemed like a bit of a stretch, but a fun fascinating theory nonetheless.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 02:27:35 PM »
It could be nothing more than Pixar referencing all their other movies but as Tool fans have shown - one tiny shred of a possibility can produce a thesis on something that isn't there.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 08:07:42 PM »
Oh, it IS Pixar referencing their own work. But this is a nicely put together bit of work for the internet :D
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 10:03:23 PM »
Wow that's really cool.  Even if it is a bit far-fetched, it's still really interesting to think about.   I might have caught a couple of the recurring themes in some of the movies, but I wouldn't have thought much of it other than Pixar just being their witty, Pixar selves. 

Also this just reminds me of how little time I have spent with all of these movies.  When I was a kid I watched all of the "regular" animated Disney movies so frequently that even now I can quote them all pretty much verbatim.  Pixar didn't start happening until I was a teenager and while my love for Disney has never, ever faltered, I've realized that there are some movies that I've only seen once or twice, and some that I haven't seen at all.  Point being that I've never watched any of the Pixar movies enough to ever make those kind of connections. 
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.