The Doctor's Wife
2 (5.4%)
The Girl Who Waited
4 (10.8%)
The Name of the Doctor
3 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: July 12, 2013, 12:13:46 PM

Author Topic: Doctor Who - Round 5  (Read 652 times)

Offline robwebster

Doctor Who - Round 5
« on: July 11, 2013, 12:13:46 PM »
Pyrrhic victory of the daleks.*

Fun fact - I voted for exactly two episodes, last round. As there were three voters, six votes, and the limit was capped at two, that means that everyone chose to vote for two episodes, and everyone had a different opinion on which two episodes those should be.

Series four and series seven have both lost two episodes each - losses big enough to knock out any of the other series. Series one is the only other series to take a single scratch. We have no remaining dalek episodes, and no remaining Russell T Davies episodes - although he was heavily involved in the writing of some of the remaining episodes, with The Impossible Planet in particular being mostly Russell's work. At least 50% of our top ten will be written by Steven Moffat, and every single story Steven Moffat wrote before being appointed head writer is still in the running.

Fact file is by way of apologies for all the lolly-gagging around. Now get to work!

*Yes, I know that's not quite what a pyrrhic victory is, but if I'm not being witty, I might as well give the illusion of wit.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Doctor Who - Round 5
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 12:47:03 PM »
Eek, it's getting harder with each round. This appears to be backed up the close voting. As a mod I can see the votes as they currently stand, and I'll just say that, Rob, you really don't the vote to end this way. I make it an 8-way tie at present!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »
That's fine, I've not voted yet, so I'll stab randomly and erratically at the quiz board in a sort of non-preferential frenzy.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 03:15:07 PM »
From here on out I'm only going to vote for my two favorites: The Girl in the Fireplace and Vincent and the Doctor.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.