The Enemy Inside
The Looking Glass
Enigma Machine
The Bigger Picture
Behind the Veil
Surrender to Reason
Along for the Ride
Illumination Theory

Author Topic: Which is the instrumental on 'Dream Theater'?  (Read 11862 times)

Offline LBC.

• Into infinity.
Re: Which is the instrumental on 'Dream Theater'?
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2013, 04:01:33 AM »
Along for the Ride.
There's only 12 notes, do what you want with them.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2013, 06:17:44 AM »
On the whiteboard, Along for the Ride was shown as having vocals while keeping its working title
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:30:21 AM by Lucien »
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2013, 06:24:53 AM »
On the whiteboard, Along for the Ride was shown as having vocals while keeping its working tracklist

*title

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2013, 06:30:06 AM »
On the whiteboard, Along for the Ride was shown as having vocals while keeping its working tracklist

*title

Lol oops
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Voices

• Like a scream but sort of silent.
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2013, 01:21:10 PM »
What kind of instrumental you guys think it'll be? Something crazier like TDOE, a calm and deep tune like HK or maybe something kinda like YtseJam?

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2013, 01:29:46 PM »
I think something quite crazy but more melodic than TDOE. FAS intro will be mellow deep tune, maybe only in strings.
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2013, 01:54:51 PM »
I'm gonna guess something like SoC and HK crossed together. Yeah.

Offline JoeG

• Engineering student by day, DTF word-spewer by night
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2013, 02:09:04 PM »
I'm guessing a song structure a bit like Outcry, but instrumental obviously. Extended technical TDOE-esque section in the middle, but a straightforward, recognizable riff which serves as a "chorus," which the song opens with and keeps on returning to. Song length 6-8 minutes.

Offline Voices

• Like a scream but sort of silent.
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2013, 02:21:55 PM »
I'm guessing a song structure a bit like Outcry, but instrumental obviously. Extended technical TDOE-esque section in the middle, but a straightforward, recognizable riff which serves as a "chorus," which the song opens with and keeps on returning to. Song length 6-8 minutes.

I thought about something like that too, but shorter. Like 5-6 minutes.
And FAS will alternate between a epic intro, a heavier core and a truly beautiful ending to it...just guessing  :)

Offline LBC.

• Into infinity.
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2013, 07:48:51 PM »
What kind of instrumental you guys think it'll be? Something crazier like TDOE, a calm and deep tune like HK or maybe something kinda like YtseJam?

The third option.
There's only 12 notes, do what you want with them.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2013, 04:23:28 PM »
Alrighty, bump-update.

It's been more or less confirmed that the short opening piece, "False Awakening Suite", IS all instrumental as no lyrics have been listed with it on the vinyl package preview posted on the pre-order pages.

We know "The Enemy Inside" is NOT the instrumental because it's the first single off the album, and we know it has lyrics. And given that the 7" clear vinyl single in the Box Set is the song "The Bigger Picture", I doubt that would be the instrumental, especially if it's in the running to be the 2nd single off the album.

Also, given that the stems for "Behind The Veil" are included, I would assume they wouldn't include stems for the instrumental given that the last time they gave out stems was for their first single off their last album in the form of "On The Backs Of Angels", and I think having stems for all FIVE members would be cooler to have, so I can safely predict that "Behind The Veil" won't be the instrumental.

We've also seen lyric sheets for "The Looking Glass", so clearly that cannot be the instrumental either.

This leaves "Enigma Machine" and "Surrender To Reason", and I still bet that the former is the instrumental. It's title sounds more like it would work for an instrumental, given how insane these guys can play, it would be machine-like, and very technical. And a title like "Surrender To Reason" sounds more like a ballad, or at least a song with lyrics, than an instrumental.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Tis BOOLsheet

• Banned
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2013, 06:39:02 PM »
Along for the Ride does not sound like an instrumental title. It sounds like a slower/acoustic/ballad song. Enigma Machine is likely the instrumental.

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2013, 03:48:58 AM »
There was a review that confirmed Enigma Machine as the instrumental. Obviously we don't know if it's legit.