Author Topic: Dream Theater self titled album discussion - [SPOILER FREE DISCUSSION ONLY]  (Read 916439 times)

Offline alexofsweden

Does anyone know how many Studio episodes they´re going to release? isn´t a bit obvious that the last episode is going to end with a release date of the new single? Kinda like they did with the drum audition videos  :corn

Offline Nefarius

• Named Nefarius since before it was cool.
The third studio video was referred to as the final one when it was made available.

Greetings...
Nef

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
Thanks for the tip.

rumborak
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
The third studio video was referred to as the final one when it was made available.

Greetings...
Nef
It was? Where?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline commanderbob

They went too far with the await of the single/infos and other stuff.

wut

Offline AleBl4st

They went too far with the await of the single/infos and other stuff.

wut

I meant that too much time has passed since the first announcement. I'm a bit pissed and tired of waiting for the single...

I'm sorry for being not that plain but my english is a little rusty, unfortunately.

Offline alexofsweden

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Why be pissed?  It's like the anticipation before having sex with someone.  Get your juices ready for DT! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline commanderbob

I meant that too much time has passed since the first announcement. I'm a bit pissed and tired of waiting for the single...

I'm sorry for being not that plain but my english is a little rusty, unfortunately.

Sorry for making you feel like you need to apologize, just having a bit of fun  ;D

And as for me, the only time my english slips is when I'm in front of a keyboard. And it's my first language.  So, the solution is simple: I turn around and type backwards  :facepalm:

Offline aprilethereal

It's really interesting to see how many posts with "single/announcement tomorrow" there are every day :facepalm:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Prediction !!!!!!!!

I predict that this is their first album since Train of Thought.......

... to be released with a "3" in the year ;D ;D

Offline Petruccinator12

I wonder why Roadrunner doesn't even provide us with some kinda "timeline/timetable" stating when what is going to be released in order to adjust to this frustrating situation a bit........ :/

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
Because no record label ever did that (to my knowledge :blush)?

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Petruccinator12

Because no record label ever did that (to my knowledge :blush)?

You are probably right...but they could announce at least ANYTHING :P

Offline alexofsweden

I wonder why Roadrunner doesn't even provide us with some kinda "timeline/timetable" stating when what is going to be released in order to adjust to this frustrating situation a bit........ :/

Something like this? https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180323T144141&p0=179&msg=Dream+Theater+new+single#

:P :corn

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Does anyone know how many Studio episodes they´re going to release? isn´t a bit obvious that the last episode is going to end with a release date of the new single? Kinda like they did with the drum audition videos  :corn

I'm guessing 4.

Offline Petruccinator12

Something like this? https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180323T144141&p0=179&msg=Dream+Theater+new+single#

:P :corn

Haha, yes, exactly ^^

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm actually not impatient yet. . This thread is :lol...

But the thing that got a bit annoying was the gap between the 1st and 2nd studio video and the 3rd... They had them all ready to go and just threw them out willy nilly.

Over a month for the first one and a bout a week for the second one ?

Offline Petruccinator12

But the thing that got a bit annoying was the gap between the 1st and 2nd studio video and the 3rd... They had them all ready to go and just thre them out willy nilly.

That was indeed kinda strange...

Offline tiagodon

But the thing that got a bit annoying was the gap between the 1st and 2nd studio video and the 3rd... They had them all ready to go and just thre them out willy nilly.

That was indeed kinda strange...

Remember that Mike Portnoy is not around anymore to centralize and control all the process, ease the fans, talk to the press...

Offline Full Speed

I think it was like that because 2 and 3 leaked and many people already saw them, so they just wanted to get them out there.

Offline Petruccinator12

I think it was like that because 2 and 3 leaked and many people already saw them, so they just wanted to get them out there.

That's possible as well...!

Offline AleBl4st

Offline Petruccinator12

If they could at least tell us the title lengths..or just the total album length.....does anyone know when they did so with ADTOE?

Offline Full Speed

That info is already out there (though by unoffical means).

Offline Petruccinator12

That info is already out there (though by unoffical means).

Not official and not sure.....

Offline Full Speed

Since they put out promo copies and don't any NDAs for that information about the album getting it, its about as offical as it can be before RR or retailers put it up.

Offline Nefarius

It was? Where?

My bad! I was dead sure I've read something like "third and final episode" when the link was posted. I rechecked and it's nowhere.
Most likely something like "finally the third episode" got stuck in my mind and morphed into "final".

Sorry if I squashed someone's hopes for more episodes. :tdwn

Then again, be grateful. It seems like there's more episodes to come! :tup

Greetings...
Nef

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
It was? Where?

My bad! I was dead sure I've read something like "third and final episode" when the link was posted. I rechecked and it's nowhere.
Most likely something like "finally the third episode" got stuck in my mind and morphed into "final".

Greetings...
Nef

I don't think there are going to be any more episodes:

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=36530.msg1624144#msg1624144

Bosk says "all three"
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Petruccinator12

It was? Where?

Greetings...
Nef

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=36530.msg1624144#msg1624144

Bosk says "all three"

Maybe he meant...all three..that we have got so far

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
If they could at least tell us the title lengths..or just the total album length.....does anyone know when they did so with ADTOE?

I don't believe they did with any album. It's pretty trivial information to release. I think they should release it with the tracklist, personally, but it's not something they announce on its own. If you need more official confirmation, wait until it appears on sites like Amazon or iTunes etc, I guess.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline aprilethereal

You are probably right...but they could announce at least ANYTHING :P

We've gotten quite a lot of information already. Most bands don't do studio videos and stuff like that.

Remember that Mike Portnoy is not around anymore to centralize and control all the process, ease the fans, talk to the press...

Don't you think that after three years it's finally time to stop the "everything was better when MP was in the band" worship shit?!?

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Time for a condescending JP meme:

Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Petruccinator12

I don't believe they did with any album. It's pretty trivial information to release. I think they should release it with the tracklist, personally, but it's not something they announce on its own. If you need more official confirmation, wait until it appears on sites like Amazon or iTunes etc, I guess.

Hmm..what was the process with ADTOE? Did it just suddenly appear at iTunes?

Offline Nefarius

Bosk says "all three"
Maybe he meant...all three..that we have got so far

Well, after all, as we know... he works in mysterious ways. :P

But thanks for finding the very line that originally convinced me it was the last one!

Greetings...
Nef