Author Topic: Dream Theater self titled album discussion - [SPOILER FREE DISCUSSION ONLY]  (Read 921573 times)

Offline Joshin U

• On a wrecking ball to view a fashion show

Offline Petruccinator12

So pretty much useless... :(

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Just like me.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
Unfortunately, I feel number 2 is more likely.  :\ However, we should keep our hopes up that we actually hear something new ABOUT the album.

Also, bosk, can we have a :beg: emoticon? I feel like it would be really useful.

I just looked through all my emotes. I can't believe we don't have one.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni

That exact one was going to be my second choice :P

Offline jdprsaga

Pretty fair to say he will talk about his gear at the studio and how he baked the chocolate cake.

Maybe there will be a question about what bands/music has he listening to lately.

plans for the future with EB and messa..

and the mandatory question of how was it to write music with manginni 100% involved in the procees

edited: would be nice if He talks about any plans for his solo project

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm waiting for some magazine to say this is the first DT album with Mangini.

Lazy journalism is really funny sometimes.

The NME website is habitually full of errors.

They recently said that Metallica had an ex member who had never ever been anywhere near Metallica. :lol

I can't remember the name they used as they had so many complaints they changed it but it wasn't Ron Mcgoverney or Lloyd Grant or Dave Mustaine...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Also, bosk, can we have a :beg emoticon? I feel like it would be really useful.

Okay.

:lucien:

And just be patient, people.  Given how far out from release we still are, there has been a good deal of promotion and release of information.  And without getting into specifics, I can tell you that there is a LOT more cool stuff coming between now and 9/24. 

Soon...
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
bosk, can I have an emote?

:lucien: :lucien: :lucien:

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
No.

Offline Voices

• Like a scream but sort of silent.
Is there a review coming? Reviews always helps me to calm down and sleep tight til the album drops...

Offline Labrie1984

The very only way of standing the wait is taking a pill in order to sleep until september 24th :)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
bosk, can I have an emote?

No. I don't have one either, suck it up :P
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
I have two.

:ariich:

:ariich2:

EDIT: Actually... three.

:splodegent:

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
This thread is really getting worse than the last one, reviews should be taken with a pinch of salt anyway, music hits people differently...

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
I have two.

splodegent is one of my favorites.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
I have two.

Actually, 4.
:imonahorse:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
Anyone else notice that Eren Başbuğ is the conductor of the live orchestra in the studio?  This guy has apparently carved out a nice little spot for himself in DT world after this amazing effort: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=453GmkbZszM.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
John Petrucci
On my way to the Guitar World offices to spend an afternoon talking guitars and the new DT record.
John Petrucci
On my way to the Guitar World offices to spend an afternoon talking guitars and the new DT record.

amidoinitrite?
John Petrucci
John Petrucci

John Petrucci

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
Thanks, bos(s)k

And now, we wait.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Joshin U

Anyone else notice that Eren Başbuğ is the conductor of the live orchestra in the studio?  This guy has apparently carved out a nice little spot for himself in DT world after this amazing effort: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=453GmkbZszM.

It's funny, I just watched that video a week ago for the first time, and when this last studio update came out, I was all like, "hey, they got the symphony guy! Cool!". Didn't click for me until yesterday.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)

Yep, it was stated some time ago, even before part 3 appeared.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!

ha yeah I remember he announced it on his Facebook page awhile back. Really happy for him  :metal

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
John Petrucci
Enough of that now please, it was funny for a couple of posts but it's just spamming now.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Labrie1984

Eren is a pretty talented and fortunate musician. The combination with DT could be amazing.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
John Petrucci
Enough of that now please, it was funny for a couple of posts but it's just spamming now.
As are most things in this thread. olol
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
Okay lol
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline dparrott

I dunno. Wouldn't you be close to giving up if a band released three awful albums back to back ?

They'd have to pretty awful though. Not just " lower tier" albums but out-and-out bad.

You'd never be able to give up on DT. Unless you don't like Octavarium, SC, or BC/SL.

Yeah.  I'm both surprised and happy that a band this many years later can put out such good and consistent albums.  They may not suit everyone's tastes, but each album they release can possible be "their best".  Most bands start making weaker albums towards the end of their careers.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Labrie1984

I hope that DT history lasts at least a decade from now! They feel rejuvenated and envigorated. Scorpions is a band to follow in that sense (almost 40 years career)

Offline Eren

Eren is a pretty talented and fortunate musician. The combination with DT could be amazing.

Thanks a lot!

Wish I could tell more about everything but better not to until a certain point.

Offline Joshin U

Thanks a lot!

Wish I could tell more about everything but better not to until a certain point.

Ohai Eren   :o

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
Hi Eren!  Looking forward to hearing your contribution on the album.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Forum VIP?

Eren seems to be more important than Charlie Dominici these days  :millahhhh

Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline lyfeternl

Uh oh... Please God do not let this thread blow up with people harassing Eren like they did with that RR rep in the previous thread...
"...the last is just a flurry of notes...so just do it and hope you don't suck..." - JP