Author Topic: Dream Theater self titled album discussion - [SPOILER FREE DISCUSSION ONLY]  (Read 916458 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Hey, guys.  Don't log off.  Even more cool stuff is coming in

Post of the year.

Easily.. Especially in terms of timing  :biggrin:

You haven't even been here two months, let alone a year, how can you say that? :biggrin:

Come on ... I've been following this forum for ages without registration... I was more focused on posting on the MP forum. 

'Twas a playful jab, nothing more.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
Bosk, why isn't there a :soon: emote?  :lol
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
There will be more cool stuff soon, but not just now.

your meaning for 'soon' is the same of RR (a month ;D) or is it ACTUALLY soon? (1 week or less for me)
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline aprilethereal

This gets the job done:

Offline JonnyM93

Hey guys maybe the first track he's talking about (the instrumental opening) isn't part of FAS? Maybe it's just the opening we saw on the board but they didn't include it on the tracklist?

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
Hey guys maybe the first track he's talking about (the instrumental opening) isn't part of FAS? Maybe it's just the opening we saw on the board but they didn't include it on the tracklist?

The board had 8 tracks plus an opening and an easter egg. I'm guessing that FAS is the opening.

Offline aprilethereal

There's no reason why they shouldn't include the opening track in the tracklist.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

Okay, there you go.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline aprilethereal

:clap: :lol good one

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Do we know why all the track titles were posted in capital letters? Is it to differentiate the song titles from the sections titles?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline wolven74

• DTF.org Alumni
  • My body is not well

Scatman vocal part is a transition between songs. At :38 you can hear the drum sound..... this definitely doesn't suck. :caffeine:

:panicattack:
Everything is immaterial. Do you know that reality is immaterial? This is not reality.
In what friggin' universe is a 68 minute long album "short"?

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
Do we know why all the track titles were posted in capital letters? Is it to differentiate the song titles from the sections titles?

Yes.

Offline JonnyM93

I just realized tomorrow is the 24th, maybe new single one month before??   :biggrin:

Offline aprilethereal

I just realized tomorrow is the 24th, maybe new single one month before??   :biggrin:

Two ;)

Offline theseoafs

Scatman vocal part is a transition between songs. At :38 you can hear the drum sound..... this definitely doesn't suck. :caffeine:

Do we have any reason to believe that will actually be on the album?  The scat thing is fun, but it seems more likely to me that that's an in-studio joke than an actual piece of DT12.

Offline JonnyM93

Two ;)

Damn oops, two whole months :(

Offline The Stray Seed

• There is no greater Evil than the indifference of Good men.
  • non mihi, non tibi, sed Nobis.
Do we have any reason to believe that will actually be on the album?  The scat thing is fun, but it seems more likely to me that that's an in-studio joke than an actual piece of DT12.
I hope you are right, I don't know if I could enjoy something like that in a DT album.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
How about a Non Album single? I know it wouldn't happen but I think it would be cool. Or maybe a single with an actual non album B side? Even if it's like a live in studio jam or something.  IDK
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
How about a Non Album single? I know it wouldn't happen but I think it would be cool. Or maybe a single with an actual non album B side? Even if it's like a live in studio jam or something.  IDK

A non album single? What would be the point of that, my friend? :lol The whole point of releasing a single is to promote the album. Any song good enough to represent this album should be on the album! You silly head.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Labrie1984

Roadrunner USA confirmed there was a single

Offline aprilethereal

...soon

Offline Labrie1984

...and I dare to predict when: Soon.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni

A non album single? What would be the point of that, my friend? :lol The whole point of releasing a single is to promote the album. Any song good enough to represent this album should be on the album! You silly head.

WHAT IF THEY HAD JUST ONE MORE SONG THEY WANTED ON THE RECORD BUT RAN OUT OF ROOM???  DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT BLOB? HUH? DID YA?

YEA DIDN'T THINK SO!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline The Stray Seed

• There is no greater Evil than the indifference of Good men.
  • non mihi, non tibi, sed Nobis.
Really? So the single is confirmed?

Offline matte.braso

we can hear two or three electric guitar notes as well :yarr

Code: [Select]
https://speedy.sh/jefZE/DT-sample.mp3

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
It's confirmed there will be a single! In other news, it was also confirmed that John Petrucci will in fact be playing the guitars on this album.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
It's confirmed there will be a single! In other news, it was also confirmed that John Petrucci will in fact be playing the guitars on this album.

NO WAY! SOURCE?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline RoDT

WHAT IF THEY HAD JUST ONE MORE SONG THEY WANTED ON THE RECORD BUT RAN OUT OF ROOM???  DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT BLOB? HUH? DID YA?

YEA DIDN'T THINK SO!

That's a very interesting idea, it's like saying "so you liked this song? well guess what, in 2 months you'll be able to get a new album full of more awesome stuff like this, all of which you haven't heard of!" and you avoid the problem of burning a song from the album, leaving pure fresh content. I like it.

Offline Labrie1984

Francesco Pomona ‏@FrancescoPomona  19 jul 
@rrusa Any plan for a single from new DT album?

Abrir       Responder 
  Retwittear   

Favorito   

Más 

Roadrunner Records ‏@rrusa  19 jul 
@FrancescoPomona Definitely.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
wut

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
BASS SOLO?!?!?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline theseoafs

lol blob stop trolling did rr actually confirm that?