Author Topic: Dream Theater self titled album discussion - [SPOILER FREE DISCUSSION ONLY]  (Read 905984 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Labrie1984

Seemingly, some people has watched IN STUDIO parts II and III. Is this possible? Thanks in advance buddies!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
RR uploaded them both but forgot to mark them as private initially.

I saw part 2 once before it was taken down but my lips are sealed...........  :hat

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Mangini, especially, looks kind of ridiculous.

Let's curb the criticisms of bandmember appearances, please.

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Labrie1984

What's the reason for uploading something restricted?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Seemingly, some people has watched IN STUDIO parts II and III. Is this possible? Thanks in advance buddies!

Please do not ask people to share information about leaked material.  Read the forum rules if you have not already done so, espcially:

2a. Sharing, requests for sharing, offers to share, or discussion of illegally obtaining pirated material is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, warez, direct links, asking for links/files, and hinting at resources for finding the material.

2b. With regard to "leaked" material, you are not allowed to discuss the leaking or sharing of an album by any artist, or that an album has leaked.  In addition to the above, with regard to Dream Theater and side-projects by the members of Dream Theater, you may not discuss the leaked material whatsoever.  For other bands, you can in most cases discuss the content of the leaked material as long as you do not reference the leak, where you obtained the material, or sharing the leaked material.

Thanks.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Labrie1984

Sorry but I did not asked for the links. I just wanted to know if that was possible.

Offline Labrie1984

Moreover, I don't think that's a leak if Roadrunner itself uploaded them both but forgot to take measures.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
The point is, we're not supposed to discuss it, because we're not supposed to know about it.  Their mistake, not ours, but we're still trying to respect their wishes and wait for the videos to be officially released.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline wolven74

• DTF.org Alumni
  • My body is not well
Moreover, I don't think that's a leak if Roadrunner itself uploaded them both but forgot to take measures.
When something is released by accident, it's still a leak.
Everything is immaterial. Do you know that reality is immaterial? This is not reality.
In what friggin' universe is a 68 minute long album "short"?

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?

You pretty much described a leak perfectly right there.

Offline Labrie1984

Ok. I' m trowing all my dictionaries because I finally know everything I'm supposed to know about this issue. Thanks!

Offline Flacracker

Just think about how long it is going to be until DT12 comes out. We still have to finish July. Then we have to go through the WHOLE month of August. And then we need to go through almost ALL of September. God its killing me.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Just think about how long it is going to be until DT12 comes out. We still have to finish July. Then we have to go through the WHOLE month of August. And then we need to go through almost ALL of September. God its killing me.

Find something else to do til then.

Offline Labrie1984

I'm also waiting for Impermanent Resonance ( James' new album). It comes out on July 29th I think.

Offline senecadawg2

Forreal. There's an overwhelming amount of music out there that you haven't heard, and any given artist could be your next Dream Theater. If that can't keep you excited for the next 2 months, then I don't know what will.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
 :rollin
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni

*STUPID FAGGOTY MEME INSTEAD OF INTELLECTUAL RESPONSE*

::) ::) ::)

For me - it's gorgeous weather in the UK at the moment and i'm enjoying that and recording my next album and visiting the cinema every few weeks.

Sep will come soon enough if you arent waiting for it on a daily basis.

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
I agree ^ So hot over here, also my response was within the same field of intellectual-ness as your 1st response was.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
I agree ^ So hot over here, also my response was within the same field of intellectual-ness as your 1st response was.

Not Even Close.

Some people need to be reminded that checking DTF every day for updates will only make the wait seem longer.

Getting distracted by a hobby or other activities or getting into other bands or films or something will make the wait that much quicker.

I've often remarked that band's albums seem to come out really close together when im not actively waiting for them. Then I found out that it's been 3 or 4 years and I didn't even realise because I wasn't checking for updates every single day or scouring the net for news, etc....

But yeah a meme was the most intelligent reply to all that.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Both of you need to stop, now.  And Kowtowboy, you really need to be more careful about your word choices going forward.

5. Keep your language reasonable. Repeated and inappropriate usage of explicit language is forbidden. Violators will be warned before any serious action is taken. No racially offensive posts. No posts that are derogatory toward gender or sexual preference. No posts that use slang terms for any race, sexual preference, or religious background. Includes signatures.

Come on now.  I shouldn't have even had to have pointed that out. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Sorry Bosk - i get really wound up when I try to make a helpful comment such as find other things to occupy your time with and the wait will go a lot quicker and I just get a smart arse reply. Not even that - a meme.

:chill :heart :) :heart :chill

Offline jonnybaxy

• DTF.org Alumni
It was just banter bosky (well it was for me anyway) but sorry for off topic (if that's what you're telling me off for)

Edit: come on kotowboy, it's just a picture, I didn't think it'd cause this much distress, usually it's just, comment, joke, hahaha, move on here.. but if you feel need, PM me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
What's a meme?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline sueño

time for more popcorn....   :corn
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
....So, how 'bout that new Dream Theater album?

Offline sueño

Seems like it would be great!  If not for the cover art, song titles and long wait!   :sadpanda:

:xbones    :corn

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
No PM necessary - as I've mentioned on this forum - i'm just a misery pants.  :sadpanda:

NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING !!!!  :police: :police: :police:

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
What's a meme?

Well, here's one thing that's becoming one..   :\

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni

Seems like it would be great!  If not for the cover art, song titles and long wait!   :sadpanda:

Have you thought about filling your time with other extra curricular activities to lessen the wait ? :neverusethis:

Offline sueño

Have you thought about filling your time with other extra curricular activities to lessen the wait ? :neverusethis:

Extra-curricular activities always get me in trouble...   :blush :sadpanda:

:hat

Offline jonnybaxy

• DTF.org Alumni
Must..... Resist....

No worries Kotow.  :)

Offline Labrie1984

I am positive that DREAM THEATER will be more eclectic style-wise. They may have combined heaviness and melody the way they are known for. I am sure that some tracks will blow our minds!

Offline sueño

I am positive that DREAM THEATER will be more eclectic style-wise. They may have combined heaviness and melody the way they are known for. I am sure that some tracks will blow our minds!

Atta boy!  THAT'S the spirit!    :tup