Author Topic: Dark Castle's Top 50 V1.5(Return of the Booty Shorts) #19, 11 have NSFW Covers  (Read 14072 times)

Offline Ruba

Re: Dark Castle's Top 50 V1.5(Return of the Booty Shorts) #19, 11 have NSFW Covers
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2013, 08:11:39 AM »
Kvelertak is one of the bands I'm going to check out, sooner or later.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Dark Castle's Top 50 V1.5(Return of the Booty Shorts) #19, 11 have NSFW Covers
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2013, 08:44:37 AM »
YOU KNOW I FUCKING LOVE KVELERTAK. Great pick dude.  :metal :metal :metal :metal
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2013, 11:14:45 AM »
1. Grimes - Visions (2012)

If I could all three of her albums would be right here at no.1, each is filled to the brim with radular ideas, and I love all three so much, but alas I can only choose one, and I'm going to have to go with the album I discovered her with, the album that brought someone very important to me closer together as friends, and the album that brought a new sense of wonder to highway of life. At the point in life I was at when I discovered her, I was kind of in a rut, I was still in school, but I wasn't enjoying it at all, and was pretty sure I was going for the wrong major, I'd had certain feelings for someone spark back up, but it was with someone that wouldn't work, we worked as friends, and I knew that but heh my heart was kind of dumb. So there I was browsing my facebook and I saw Grimes video for "Genesis" from one of my friends, and I thought to myself "I'm pretty sure I've heard of her from my friend before, and I've definitely seen those eyebrows before, I think I'll check it out." I did and I just kind of melted into my chair from how gorgeous everything was. As was the usual with me, I went out to the record store and ordered the album, it came in on a day filled with snow and wind, but I didn't mind, as the music made the drive home stunning, I fell in absolute love with the record, from the music itself to the fantastic artwork she made for the cover. I'd listen to it on my breaks during my overnight shifts at Kohls, on the way to class, and around a certain someone, and life started to have some color to it again.
So it's easy to see that this album has a lot of personal ties for me, but beyond that, it is simply a lush album full of dazzling, eye watering moments that never cease to be beautiful.

Favorite Tracks: The Whole Damn Thing, I really couldn't pick and choose even if I tried.

Also Check Out: Halfaxa *insanely beautiful album as well*, Geidi Primes.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2013, 11:15:31 AM »
I expect Grimes to be on the list. I know I'm not the only one who loves her, and Visions.  :heart
:clap:

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2013, 02:49:55 PM »
Amazing album. I was lucky enough to see her live earlier this year, and was just a few feet away from the stage. She was amazing, and I think that was the moment when I truly fell in love with her music. (before that concert I really liked her, but it clicked that extra mile for me)

Visions is amazing, and I love it. I need to check out her other albums though, but I'm working on it. Great number 1!

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2013, 01:05:33 AM »
My sister is a Grimes fan so I bet she would approve of that #1 pick :D I'm not familiar with most of the bands in this list, but that will probably change when my roulette begins.

Offline adace

« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2013, 01:11:50 AM »
I've only listened to that Grimes album once, but it was really good.

All in all, I really enjoyed your list. Lots of great picks (and a few I'll  have to check out). :tup

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2013, 12:42:51 PM »
Thank you guys, I hope you enjoy what you check out, and I have so many albums I wish I could have included, 50 is so tough  :lol

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2013, 12:56:32 PM »
I should listen to Grimes.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2013, 04:57:45 PM »
I've never heard Grimes, but every time you mention them I only think of this guy:

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2013, 05:01:42 PM »
I've never heard Grimes, but every time you mention them I only think of this guy:

"Grimey", as he liked to be called

this.  In every way, this.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 07:08:15 PM by Big Hath »
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2013, 05:07:41 PM »
I always love it when somebody can be so passionate about music, raving about experiences with it and such, without ever mentioning what it actually sounds like. That's like describing a book without mentioning (part of) the plot. But alright, you have me intrigued, I'll listen to it someday soon!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2013, 09:33:31 PM »
So, Visions is fucking great. :metal Reminds me of The Knife sorta. And she's Canadian. Sweet. :D

Offline Orthogonal

« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2013, 03:34:01 PM »
Never heard of them, I'll have to check them out.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2013, 05:29:11 PM »
A lot of stuff on your list that I need to listen to at some point. Thanks for sharing  :tup
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.