Author Topic: Queensryche release party show 6/26/13  (Read 3277 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Queensryche release party show 6/26/13
« on: June 28, 2013, 02:17:40 PM »
Thanks to breakdownroom user JeffBR, who taped the show.  It is up on Dime for those interested:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MANY THANKS TO jeffbr FOR TAPING AND SHARING!!!

Queensr˙che
06-26-2013
The Crocodile
Seattle, WA

Source: CA-11 > SP-SPSB-2 > Edirol R-09HR @ 24/48
Conversion: Edirol R-09HR > USB > Soundforge (Editing & 16-bit dither) > CD Wave (tracking) > FLAC
Taper: jeffbr

Track List:

01. QOTR
02. Speak
03. Walk in the Shadows
04. En Force
05. Warning
06. X2
07. Where Dreams Go To Die +
08. Suite Sister Mary *
09. Eyes of the Stranger *
10. Encore Break
11. Fallout
12. Take Hold of the Flame
13. Empire

+ First time played live!
* w/ Pamela Moore

Notes:

This was a CD release party for their new, self-titled album. They played the new disc over the PA, and then took the stage for this shorter set. There were several hundred fans there, and it was definitely at capacity and sold out.

Sorry for the random drunk dude trying to talk to me during Suite Sister Mary. I tried to pretend I was mute. :)

Geoff who? Support the real Queensryche!!

Todd La Torre - Vocals
Michael Wilton - Guitar
Eddie Jackson - Bass, vocals
Scott Rockenfield - Drums
Parker Lundgren - Guitar, Vocals

https://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=455605
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Queensryche release party show 6/26/13
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 03:34:22 PM »
Sweet!  Downloading.  Thanks Big Boskman
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 03:29:23 AM »
Screw the ratio. I'm downloading this. Thanks boskone!
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 09:33:37 AM »
I'll grab it when I get home from work. How does it sound?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 02:51:13 PM »
They played... 2 songs from QR12 at the release party for the album? That's a bit lame, hope future touring is better with that.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 12:09:13 PM »
Agreed.  It's basically saying, "We have a new CD out, from which we will play a couple of token songs, but otherwise, we are playing nothing but songs all 20+ years old."  If they keep that up when regular touring begins, they are basically admitting to being a nostalgia act.  Releasing a CD as short as the new one was not a good start towards demonstrating that they had all of this pent-up creative energy, and if they go the mostly-nostalgic road when touring, then their proclamation about wanting to move forward with a new singer will be seen as utter nonsense.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 02:29:54 PM »
Couldn't the fact that they played the whole album directly beforehand be part of that, though? I mean, yeah, it was over PA, but it would be pretty weird, in my opinion, if they played a lot of stuff that everyone present heard an hour ago already.

But then I have never been to a release party, so what do I know.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 03:06:03 PM »
Agreed.  It's basically saying, "We have a new CD out, from which we will play a couple of token songs, but otherwise, we are playing nothing but songs all 20+ years old."  If they keep that up when regular touring begins, they are basically admitting to being a nostalgia act.  Releasing a CD as short as the new one was not a good start towards demonstrating that they had all of this pent-up creative energy, and if they go the mostly-nostalgic road when touring, then their proclamation about wanting to move forward with a new singer will be seen as utter nonsense.
I agree 100%.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 04:47:18 PM »

As with TAC, I fully agree. Of course we gotta wait and see what future shows get, especially AFTER the lawsuit is settled. I don't blame them for playing things safe until after that is in the books. And the thing is, they could play nothing but songs from EP>PL from now on and I'd see them every single tour. It's just a matter of I hope they don't just sit back and become that lame nostalgia act.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 06:32:35 AM »
Nick, I hadn't even thought about the lawsuit. Maybe if they heavily skew their setlists with the older stuff, they feel it gives them more of a claim to the name.

But as for a Record Release party. Yes only two songs is weak.