Author Topic: Dream Theater New tour overpriced??  (Read 11232 times)

Offline jcmistat

Re: Dream Theater New tour overpriced??
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2013, 02:16:35 PM »
For the U.S. ADToE tour I payed $47.50 for the 1st leg and $62.50 2nd leg. Same venue as well. I'd be willing to pay more if its an Evening With.

Offline FrostbiteZ

« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »
The way I see it, I was a little late to the game (becoming a fan just after the release of Black Clouds), and well, realistically, you gotta get out and see them whenever you can!!
Being a latecomer myself I can only agree with you. I will dig deep into my pockets for bands like DT Rush and AC/DC

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2013, 03:53:56 PM »
DT plays big venues in Europe and Asia. I guess the supply/demand in those countries is there.

Back in the US, DT should be playing smaller venues. Read some of the reviews and some of the venues seemed to be not even 70% full (correct me if I'm wrong).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2013, 04:07:44 PM »
They fill 2000 to 4000 seat arenas here.  What's the size in Europe arenas?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2013, 04:37:05 PM »
If these prices stay the same, (£50+) I simply might not be able to afford it, as someone said, I'm a late comer and joined as ADToE was released, I felt like i didn't know them well enough for that tour, so now I'm in education so low on money, can't afford it at the moment and I'm wondering if i'll be able to any time soon...

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2013, 04:50:11 PM »
If these prices stay the same, (£50+) I simply might not be able to afford it, as someone said, I'm a late comer and joined as ADToE was released, I felt like i didn't know them well enough for that tour, so now I'm in education so low on money, can't afford it at the moment and I'm wondering if i'll be able to any time soon...

Scrimp and save my friend. Life is too short to worry about that. Plus they are just amazing live!!  :metal

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2013, 04:58:33 PM »

Scrimp and save my friend. Life is too short to worry about that. Plus they are just amazing live!!  :metal

Trust me, since I got into them, I've just obsessed and obsessed about them, I'd love nothing more than to see them live but it seems like when money is sparse everything you want comes at the same time!

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2013, 05:19:20 PM »

From a couple of thousands to 10/12,000 (Palalottomatica in Roma and Filaforum di Assago in Milan, and in 2007 they sold out both of them)

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2013, 11:41:07 PM »
I think the capacity of Helsinki Ice Hall is something like 5000 for concerts IIRC.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2013, 06:24:30 AM »
IMHO it's a somewhat futile exercise to try to find specific markers in time that caused a rise in ticket prices. It's a simple supply vs. demand thing. People are willing to shell out the money these days.
...Are they?

I'm not exactly up-together on my world economics at the moment - but I figured the prices we're comparing against each other, generally, are either side of an economic recession. People were tripping money, back then, and have bugger all money nowadays. If there's any reason for a price hike, I wondered if it might've been that. Concerts are a riskier business now people aren't as happy to spend on luxuries, but it's a unique product and there's a core audience who'll always buy any given gig, so make as much money as possible off those customers and anything else is a bonus.
Good point. I'd say myself and most people I know are a lot less likely to splurge on a concert these days. Maybe that's maturity, or the fact we're all just getting older and have bigger expenses now, but either way it's true. I've already resigned myself to the fact that I'll be missing several of my favorite bands this year.

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2013, 06:26:50 AM »

The Manchester Apollo seats 3500 here in the UK, and they've not sold that out on their last few visits (if ever)

Offline BlastParadigm

« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2013, 07:43:08 AM »
I'm only going to pay 30€.
I'm from Portugal. And I think Spain has prices around 32€, if I'm not mistaken.

I can't even express the joy of paying such a low price to see a band I love with all my heart :x

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #117 on: July 04, 2013, 09:36:19 AM »
The Ahoy here seats 8 to 10.000 so that´s pretty huge, yeah.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2013, 05:37:24 AM »
The venue I plan to go to has about 5000 seats.

Offline TTD

« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2013, 06:40:00 AM »
Wolverhampton Civic Hall - 2215 capacity

Smallest venue on the tour?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2013, 07:24:49 AM »
They did play The City National Grove twice on the Dramatic Tour. Capacity 1700. I'd be OKAY if they played there again on the NA leg :D
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"