Author Topic: Aaron Hernandez charged with murder  (Read 4011 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
« on: June 26, 2013, 11:18:03 PM »
Because this case shouldn't really clutter up the football thread, it only makes sense for it to have its own thread.  Saw this tonight:

The charges:
    • Murder
    • Carrying a firearm without a license
    • Possession of a large capacity firearm x2
    • Possession of a firearm without and FID card x2
    [/list]The evidence:
      • Victim found 1/2 mile from Hernandez's home w/ numerous gunshot wounds
      • 5 .45 caliber shells found at the scene, fired from a semi-auto weapon, based on the locations and distance between them.
      • Victim was not robbed, had wallet, keys and phone.
      • Keys were to a rental car, registered to Hernandez.
      • Phone contained text messages between the victim and Hernandez, within hours of the murder.
      • Victim's sister said her brother left at 2:30 AM in a silver Nissan Altima with three people inside
      • Hernandez had been renting a Silver Nissan Altima
      • Hernandez had known the victim for about a year, The victims girlfriend is the sister of Hernadez's Fiance
      • The police went to question Hernandez, Who didn't answer the door. a squad car was placed outside. Eventually Hernandez came out, and told the cops he knew they were they and that he had been watching them on his surveillance system
      • A warrant was issued to seize surveillance footage from Hernandez's home.
      • hernandez had recently installed a 14 camera system with cameras inside and out.
      • Upon reviewing the footage, they noticed that the first 6-8 hours of footage after the time of the murder was missing.
      • at 9:02 PM Hernandez texted a friend from out of state "please make it back"
      • 9:05 he texted the victim, indicating he wanted to come by and get together with him
      • 9:35 he texted the same out of state friend "get your ### up here" then at 10:23 "hurry your ### up"
      • The man he was texting and one other showed up at hernandez's home, seen on surveillance footage
      • Shortly after they arrive, Hernandez is seen with a firearm in his home on the surveillance system says "he is upset that he can't trust anyone anymore"
      • the three left Hernandez's home at 1:12 AM in the silver Nissan Altima, captured on survelliance, phone records and cell tower
      • the went from Hernadez's home to route 95, headed south towards (? couldn't understand) they turned around and went north. the cell phone tower tracked their movement to a gas station off route 128
      • at 2:10AM Hernandez bought Gas, Bubbalicious blue cotton candy gum, and black and milds which are used for smoking mariujana (the prosecutor seems to be mistaken about common blunt cigars but oh well)
      • Next they went to the victims home, at 2:32 am Hernandez sent a text "we're here" to the victim, this is when the victims sister saw him leave with them, Hernandez was driving
      • They drove back to North Attleboro, this is corroborated by some random surveillance cameras and route was determined by time and distance traveled.
      • during the ride, Hernandez had a conversation with the victim indicating he was upset with him. The two had gone to a club together friday night.
      • he said some things happened that night and he wasn't sure if he could trust the victim, one of them was that the victim had spoken to some people He had troubles with, and he was mad about it.
      • At 3:07 AM the victim sent a text to his sister "did you see who I am with" no response he texted again at 3:11 AM "Hello?"
      • at 3:19 am his sister replied "who?" at 3:22 the victim texted back "NFL" then 1 minute later "Just so you know"
      • at the time of these texts, the car is seen on surveillance cameras in the area of the murder site/Hernandez's home
      • Surveilance cameras show the vehicle driving down the road to the murder site at 3:23 AM
      • between 3:23 and 3:27 am workers nearby hear multiple gunshots
      • cameras pick up the vehicle along the route between the muder site and Hernandez's home at 3:27 and 3:28 AM.
      • Hernandez's own Surveilance picks sees him arriving back home at 3:29 AM
      • Police confirm it is only a 2 minute drive.
      • autopsy found that all evidence was consistent with the victim being murdered where he was found. In other words, he wasn't dumped. Also consistent Time of death to the time the car was there.
      • two through and through wounds to the victim's chest. Police returned to the scene and dug where the victim was, they found the bullets, indicating the victim was on the ground when he was shot. Both bullets were .45 caliber, consistend with the casings found. All fired from the same unknown gun
      • at 3:30 AM Hernandez is seen with his companions in his driveway, one of whom has a gun.
      • they go inside. Surveillance shows Hernandez walking around with a gun in his hand.
      • all three go to the basement. Surveillance cameras shut off
      • later that day, 5:30 PM Hernandez and his companions return the Nissan Altima to the rental agency, Hernandez offers the attendant Blue Bubbalicious.
      • one of the side mirrors is broken on the car, footage of the vehicle earlier in the night suggest it wasn't broken when he left boston, he tells the rental agency he didn't even notice it. The evidence being that it was broken sometime between leaving boston and arriving back at home.
      • He rents another car and returns home, companions leave.
      • At the rental agency, a piece of bubbalicious and a shell casing were found, attendant threw them away. When questioned, she told investigators about it, they found it in the dumpster, Shell casing matched to the murder weapon.
      • Tire impressions at the murder scene right next to the body were consistent with a front wheel drive vehicle (altima is FWD)
      • Investigators checked out the rental car. Tire treads matched those at the crime scene. Dirt found on the car also matched the crimescene
      • They found a .22 nearby in a search of everywhere between Hernandez's home and the murder site. Hernandez a month prior had been involved an altercation in providence rhode island. He had someone with him who was seen to place a gun under a car. This man matches the description of one of his companions on the night of the murder.
      • The gun under the car in Providence was traced to a florida gunstore. The 22 found between Hernandez's home and the murder site was from the same store.
      • further search warrant of Hernandezs's home ordered. They found 22 ammo, but no 22 gun. They also found a large capacity .762 hungarian semi auto rifle, 32 round clip fully loaded. Hernandez's prints on it, he doesn't have the correct paperwork to own it.
      • Not recovered was the Black semi auto handgun seen in Hernnadez's hand before and after the murder. the second individuals gun not found either.
      • hernandez's girlfriend was spoken to by police, she was cooperanting until a call from hernandez telling her not to. She then stopped talking.
      • the victim had defensive wounds and seemed to attempt to stop the bullets with his arms.
      [/list]EDIT: there also seems to be a sealed affadavit, so it looks like someone talked (especially since they know the convo with the victim in the car)

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
      • Carpe Diem-2020
      Re: Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
      « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 11:33:55 PM »
      This is such a weird case already. The guy's final moments seem so sad, judging from the text messages to his sister, sounds like he knew something was up
      God have mercy on a man
      Who doubts what he's sure of.
      -Bruce Springsteen

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
      • DTF.org Alumni
      • Bad Craziness
      « Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 11:44:50 PM »
      Heads up move on the victim's part.

Good synopsis.

Like I said before, Hernandez is clearly an idiot. As soon as they reported that he'd smashed his phone, I knew they were going to nail him with the cell data. Like I said the other day:
      Important Barto Safety tip: When going to whack a buddy, leave your phone at home. Or better yet, drop it off at the movies for a couple of hours, then pick it up later.

Naturally the big question now is whether or not he'll be able to play the unwitting passenger. I suspect KS is right and one of the others has already rolled over on him. As much as I dislike snitches, I'm not real crazy about asshole celebrities skating away because gullible hangers on take the wrap.

He's lucky he wasn't in Texas. Jerry wouldn't have been able to make this one go away, and the premeditated nature of it would likely get him mainlined.
      Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
      E.F. Benson

• DTF.org Member
      • Carpe Diem-2020
      « Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 11:57:45 PM »
      I think I may have missed a bullet point, but what's up with all of these surveillance videos?
      God have mercy on a man
      -Bruce Springsteen

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
      « Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 12:25:25 AM »
      Bubblicious blue cotton candy gum... I cannot decide which is weirder, that a soon-to-be murderer would buy that before offing someone, or that it would prove to be a vital piece of evidence.
      "Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

• DTF.org Member
      • Carpe Diem-2020
      « Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 12:28:57 AM »
      Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Juice are key pieces of evidence in the Trayvon Martin trial. But Bubbleicious takes the trophy here
      God have mercy on a man
      -Bruce Springsteen

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
      • DT.net Veteran
      « Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 04:19:37 AM »
      He'll be back in e NFL in 5 years.

at and black and milds which are used for smoking mariujana (the prosecutor seems to be mistaken about common blunt cigars but oh well)

:rollin :rollin just had too try and throw that in. Asshole.

I'd also like to say that stories like this are why I have no problem with the government having easy access to literally everything. The speed of the court process is increased greatly, and it makes it very easy to determine guilt.
      « Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:28:17 AM by Chino »

Offline Akasha

• DTF.org Alumni
      « Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 07:58:27 AM »
      Maybe he needs to talk with Ray Lewis and hire his lawyer as well.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
      • DTF.org Alumni
      • Take My Hand
      « Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 08:05:28 AM »
      So video games cause violence, but Football causes murder.

Checkmate atheists.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
      • DTF.org Alumni
      « Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 08:17:32 AM »
      So I'm just hearing about this now, what was his motivation to kill this guy?

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
      • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
      « Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 08:35:58 AM »
      Well, he's going into prison as a tight end, but he'll come out as a wide receiver

Dude lives used to live about 4 miles from me, and we've seen him a few times at the mall.  I've even got his autograph somewhere. 

When they said he'd smashed his phone and tampered with his home security system I knew it was only a matter of time before they pinched him.   What a fucking idiot.  $12M+ contract with an NFL team and you whack a dude and leave his body a couple of miles from your own home?   He's got a rough life ahead of him in the joint.  I'm usually pretty sympathetic to people facing down shit like this, but in this case.....not so much.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
      • DTF.org Alumni
      • Bad Craziness
      « Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 08:37:19 AM »
      So I'm just hearing about this now, what was his motivation to kill this guy?
      He's just a thug.

What's going to be interesting now is finding out what kinds of crooked thug-stuff Hernandez has been up to. We're definitely going to find that he's got some highly shady business dealings going on. I doubt he's Tony Montanna (as much as he'd certainly like to be), but he was into gangster shit nonetheless. Like I said before, I assumed he was just a hot-head that shot people in the face when he got angry. Not the case. He waited and executed somebody for betraying his trust days earlier.

I suspect what we'll learn is that he's always been a midlevel wannabe gangster. Fame and money elevated him to the top of this midlevel subset; the thug version of "king of the dipshits." This gave him the mentality of being a big player but without the intelligence or cunning of an upper level bad guy.
      Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
      E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
      • Arthritic Metal Horns
      « Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 08:44:38 AM »
      They are now looking at him as a possible suspect in a murder in Boston last summer.
      would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
      Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
      TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline yorost

• Inactive
      « Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 08:45:51 AM »
      Maybe he needs to talk with Ray Lewis and hire his lawyer as well.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
      • DTF.org Alumni
      • Take My Hand
      « Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 08:48:30 AM »
      I'll never understand how it's so easy for some people to kill other people (animals, shit other than insects).

Offline Akasha

• DTF.org Alumni
      « Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 09:00:36 AM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
      « Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 09:16:36 AM »
      It certainly sounds like one of Hernandez's friends flipped on him.  If so, stick a fork in him.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
      • DTF.org Alumni
      • Bad Craziness
      « Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 09:22:47 AM »
      It certainly sounds like one of Hernandez's friends flipped on him.  If so, stick a fork in him.
      Yup, which rules out the Ray Lewis strategy. At the same time, I doubt the prosecutors would have gone for that. If they all pointed at each other, you go after the biggest target, and that's AH's dumb ass.
      E.F. Benson

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 09:45:04 AM »
      Too bad for Hernandez that Johnnie Cochran died. He would have him walking the streets a free man by now.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
      • DTF.org Alumni
      • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
      « Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 10:51:27 AM »
      Seems like the Pats have lost their killer instinct.
      I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
      So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
      "Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
      Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
      In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
      • DTF.org Alumni
      • ...Digesting power
      « Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 11:20:58 AM »
      Maybe AH remembers this movie quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBzvMLW0ii4
      "Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
      "There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
      • DTF.org Alumni
      • Bad Craziness
      « Reply #22 on: June 27, 2013, 11:46:15 AM »
      They are now looking at him as a possible suspect in a murder in Boston last summer.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22547220/report-hernandez-being-investigated-for-connection-to-2012-double-murder
      The first of many such allegations we're going to hear about.  But wow!
      E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
      • Administrator
      • Bow down to Boskaryus
      « Reply #23 on: June 27, 2013, 02:47:57 PM »
      If only he were being tried in Texas. 

Oh, wait...wrong thread.
      "The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
      • EZBoard Elder
      « Reply #24 on: June 29, 2013, 06:38:12 AM »
      Seems like the Pats have lost their killer instinct.

I saw this before but didn't get until now.  Thanks King  :rollin
      In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
      • DTF.org Alumni
      « Reply #25 on: June 29, 2013, 06:43:47 AM »
       :biggrin:

As much as I am a huge Pats fan, you got to feel the Pats handled this right.  I feel for the man murdered and the family.  That should come first over a game. 

That being said, it's going to be interesting to see who Brady has to throw to this year.  It feels like 2006 again.
      I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
      So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Cable

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2013, 07:35:44 AM »
      :biggrin:

As much as I am a huge Pats fan, you got to feel the Pats handled this right.  I feel for the man murdered and the family.  That should come first over a game. 

That being said, it's going to be interesting to see who Brady has to throw to this year.  It feels like 2006 again.

Yup, the jersey exchange is really driving home the point that they will not tolerate dumb gang bangers;
      https://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9433751

And agreed on the 2006 comparison. Hopefully the defense can rise to that level as well. If not, we might be hosed.
      ---

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
      • DTF.org Alumni
      « Reply #27 on: June 29, 2013, 08:39:36 AM »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
      • DTF.org Alumni
      • Bad Craziness
      « Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 12:04:42 PM »
      Yeah, the jersey exchange is a stand-up thing to do.

It's interesting to me that so many people are bagging on the Patriots over this. Lots of people are blasting them for the contract extension. Man, talk about haters. In the meantime, Josh Brent has his probation revoked for another dirty UA and the Cowboys still aren't planning to cut him. He gets drunk, kills his best friend and Cowboy teammate, continues to drink and tests positive for grass twice, keeps his spot on the team and because it's just sort of expected from the Cowboys, people just shrug it off.  :lol
      E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
      « Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 01:40:19 PM »
      The big difference there is, Dallas is known for getting players over the year with character issues, so it is not a big story cause it's the same old, same old with them. 

Meanwhile, the Patriots have this rep for being smart when it comes to getting players with issues, and considering they gave such a massive contract extension to a guy with the background and problems Hernandez had, the criticism in that regard is more than justified.  No, they couldn't possibly know that he would eventually be accused of killing someone in cold blood, but his gang background has come out now, and there is no way they didn't know about that, plus way more stuff than we the fans do.  In short, they gave big money to a major risk, and it backfired.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
      • DTF.org Alumni
      « Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 02:50:27 PM »
      That's foolish perception from outside N.E.

Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Brandon Meriweather, Brandon Spikes, Albert Haynesworth, Willie Andrews, Alfonzo Dennard, Nick Kaczur, Aqib Talib, Chad Johnson, Jermaine Cunningham, Rodney Harrison.

I could go on.  All teams have these issues.   The Pats just deal with it a little better.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
      • DTF.org Alumni
      • Bad Craziness
      « Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 04:30:31 PM »
      The big difference there is, Dallas is known for getting players over the year with character issues, so it is not a big story cause it's the same old, same old with them. 

Meanwhile, the Patriots have this rep for being smart when it comes to getting players with issues, and considering they gave such a massive contract extension to a guy with the background and problems Hernandez had, the criticism in that regard is more than justified.  No, they couldn't possibly know that he would eventually be accused of killing someone in cold blood, but his gang background has come out now, and there is no way they didn't know about that, plus way more stuff than we the fans do.  In short, they gave big money to a major risk, and it backfired.
      Oh, I understand the difference. I'm just bemused that people are so happy to see the Patriots take one. Seems somewhat petty.

As for the backfiring, who did it hurt? People act like this was bad for football, or bad for the league. Frankly, the Patriots demonstrated some class that's quite honestly lacking amongst the rest of the league. They take a pretty hefty cap hit, but that was their choice to get away from him. They could have kept him on the roster while the legal aspect plays out and saved a bundle; likely what the Cowboys are doing. Instead they're opting to eat 7 million to get him off the team and out of the league. I have a hard time finding anything to fault them over.

Also, as King pointed out, there are plenty of troubled players coming out of college. Some straighten out and fly right and some don't. I think most of them deserve that chance. The Patriots waited two years to see if he was working out, and unfortunately guessed wrong. It's not like they just dumped money all over him and hoped for the best.
      E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
      • DT.net Veteran

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 11:11:19 AM »
      Next: JFK's murder linked to Aaron Hernandez.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
      « Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 11:33:16 AM »
      That's foolish perception from outside N.E.

Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Brandon Meriweather, Brandon Spikes, Albert Haynesworth, Willie Andrews, Alfonzo Dennard, Nick Kaczur, Aqib Talib, Chad Johnson, Jermaine Cunningham, Rodney Harrison.

I could go on.  All teams have these issues.   The Pats just deal with it a little better.
      Yeah, plus you have the spymaster himself.