Author Topic: Hey guys! Updates on me and my new album! (READ ME DAMN YOU!)  (Read 7003 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Hey guys! Updates on me and my new album! (READ ME DAMN YOU!)
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2013, 06:35:51 AM »
I will send your stuff out to my authors... if nobody takes it up... as they are all too busy now.. especially RJ  :laugh: I am happy to review it myself...

Actually boss, I already had some thoughts on the album in mind that I was gonna share with Adami, so I can do the review since I already got my head around it pretty good. Adami, I will send you the review link when it's ready, maybe a week or so, got one project I need to jump on first. Cool?

Totally psyched, never had an album of mine reviewed beyond "It's good stuff, now let's do something else". You're the man RJ.

And thank you so much Nem, I noticed you picked Watch Me Fall as your pick. I'm glad someone finally mentioned that song haha, it was my (blatant) attempt at trying a Pain of Salvation style song. Sadly we lost a decent amount of the lead guitar melodies in the mix, but I was hoping someone would end up liking it, since I consider it the proggiest song on the album.

got my copy today, can't wait to put it in the player  :metal

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts too man!

Can I PM someone my email address and have that one person send me mp3s? I really want to listen to this.

https://soundcloud.com/fanticide/sets/the-fall-of-grace

It's not the whole album, but it's 7 songs, which is half (just not half in order or anything).

Sadly the best songs on the album aren't online because of their length. Many of the songs are 8 minutes or more and putting those online means compressing them to all hell in terrible quality MP3s and I didn't really want to do that. So the songs are online are generally the more straight to the point shorter songs.

But the soundcloud page has Drowning in Serenity and Abandoned which are the longest and I guess more interesting of the online batch.

However I am going to try to get my songs on Itunes when I get to Israel (tomorrow) and I'll keep you updated on that.

Also....for the few people who liked the FB page, I'll be showing cast promo shots of each character over the next week or so and explaining a little bit about their character, and if you like their voice, I will include links to other projects of theirs. So keep an eye out for that.

If you haven't like the FB page.....then listen to the music and like it only if you like the music. :)

Did you consider using bandcamp.com at all? You can upload as many tracks/albums and you won't lose sound quality or anything. It's kind of a go-to site nowadays. A person can download your songs in any format as well...

I will look into it, dunno much about it. Much appreciated man.

I uploaded the album to Itunes, but it said it could take like 6 weeks or something? I dunno.

Also,  :tup to Zook for being the coolest guy on the forum.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2013, 06:47:13 AM »
*late to the party* definitely consider Bandcamp, it's really the coolest legal place for streaming/downloading stuff right now for us who don't have access to iTunes and Spotify.

I'll try and get a nice listen out of tunes you already up'ed on your FB page, since I am FINALLY done with school. Congrats on putting it together :)

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2013, 07:03:46 AM »
Yeah Watch Me Fall grabbed my attention right away... I haven't given it enough listens to be able to break it down to its elements.. to point out what I like the most about it .. but yeah.. you've got some good stuff there for sure..

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2013, 09:54:48 AM »
Also,  :tup to Zook for being the coolest guy on the forum.

:blush

Actually, I'm only helping you because I expect the same in return. In fact, if you don't spread the word of KrotchRaut everyday, I will tell everyone that you got the money to fund your album through Sheep prostitution.

I own you. :glare:

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2013, 09:57:57 AM »
I got around to listening to the sample songs, and they aren't bad at all. I would definitely be all for a digital download of this album. :tup

Offline Adami

« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2013, 10:08:26 AM »
They're all currently uploading to bandcamp. I'm doing high quality wavs so it's taking a while. I'll put up a link when it's ready.

I'm also going to put up all the lyrics, since they tend to help with the whole story thing (not that I expect all of you to read them).

Of course this is assuming it pleases lord Zook.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »
They're all currently uploading to bandcamp. I'm doing high quality wavs so it's taking a while. I'll put up a link when it's ready.

I'm also going to put up all the lyrics, since they tend to help with the whole story thing (not that I expect all of you to read them).

As a singer, lyrics mean nearly more to me than the music.  I will definitely read them and I'm looking forward to hearing the entire album!  :)
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2013, 10:43:01 AM »

You've done well, my son.

Offline Adami

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2013, 11:53:04 AM »
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Thanks for the Bandcamp recommendation. I am now there, and the entire album is available for streaming or for download. I put the lowest price if you want to download, or you can just stream for free.

I put the lyrics for every song. If you really want to listen to this album (not just background noise while you do a bunch of other stuff) reading the lyrics really adds a lot. I've also labeled which character is singing what, etc.

So now none of you have an excuse, and have to listen to my damn album. I really put everything into this and would love for you to treat it the same way you would if I were famous or something. Who knows, maybe one day with all of your help, I will be? Nah, but it's a dream.

https://fanticide.bandcamp.com/

Also, I know this was moved to GMD, but the topic of me moving to Israel was also a big part of it. I know we have a few Israeli's on this board. I know we have that Rocken girl who won't talk to me, and that 15 year old virtuoso kid who keeps posting vids of him doing Petrucci solo's making the rest of us feel horrible for not being as good. Are there any 20 or 30 somethings Israelis on this board that want to help me get used to Tel Aviv? If you know of any, PM them a link to this thread!

Back to the music, I'd love for any of you to write up detailed thoughts of any kind.

If you still need incentive, our girl Jackie is on the track Intervention, and yes the whole thing (her part anyway) was recorded on her bed. Giggidy.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline sueño

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2013, 12:19:04 PM »
Listening now...
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2013, 12:31:01 PM »
I'm listening now and will do a full write-up later.

I have to say I'm enjoying these songs much more in the context of the entire album!

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2013, 12:59:22 PM »
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Thanks for the Bandcamp recommendation. I am now there, and the entire album is available for streaming or for download. I put the lowest price if you want to download, or you can just stream for free.

I put the lyrics for every song. If you really want to listen to this album (not just background noise while you do a bunch of other stuff) reading the lyrics really adds a lot. I've also labeled which character is singing what, etc.

So now none of you have an excuse, and have to listen to my damn album. I really put everything into this and would love for you to treat it the same way you would if I were famous or something. Who knows, maybe one day with all of your help, I will be? Nah, but it's a dream.

https://fanticide.bandcamp.com/

Also, I know this was moved to GMD, but the topic of me moving to Israel was also a big part of it. I know we have a few Israeli's on this board. I know we have that Rocken girl who won't talk to me, and that 15 year old virtuoso kid who keeps posting vids of him doing Petrucci solo's making the rest of us feel horrible for not being as good. Are there any 20 or 30 somethings Israelis on this board that want to help me get used to Tel Aviv? If you know of any, PM them a link to this thread!

Back to the music, I'd love for any of you to write up detailed thoughts of any kind.

If you still need incentive, our girl Jackie is on the track Intervention, and yes the whole thing (her part anyway) was recorded on her bed. Giggidy.

$1.50? Man, for a 2 CD album, you should at least charge a minimum of $8.99.

I will buy it Thursday when I get paid.

Offline sueño

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2013, 01:02:17 PM »
Agreed on the price point.  The value you place on your product will be reflected in the value others see in it, that's a fact.  It's DEFINITELY worth more than $1.50!!!

I am diggin' "Euphoria Knight"

I'm partial to a Middle Eastern groove!   :tup  And though I know the lyrics are more referring to drugs, they remind me of how the effect of relationships can feel like being on drugs...I can relate.   :-\

Well done!

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2013, 01:14:03 PM »
I agree about the price, and considering the work it sounds like Adami put in I'm sure the album should cost like $100 a copy to reimburse him fairly :)

Unfortuantely the less awesome side of people being able to make music indepedently of label support means that for once in history the supply of new music is actually much greater than the demand for it. It's impossible to listen to every new and interesting thing, let alone buy everything new and interesting thing. While I check out new artists on bandcamp regularly, I'll have to admit that I'm most likely to check something out when the artist isn't asking for much, or any, money.

Anyway, the way things are now are great for listeners, and not so good for the people actually creating music. I hope streaming services can eventually get to the point where they can expose new artists while reimbursing them fairly, but we'll have to wait and see.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2013, 01:29:48 PM »
Being able to stream from Bandcamp is great, but for downloading I really would recommend setting a higher minimum price dude! I've paid $10 as from the few songs I heard on facebook, this is really professionally done and worth the full download price. But setting it a minimum of, say, £3.99 I think would be far more appropriate. People can still stream for free if they don't want to pay.

EDIT: Oh and generally speaking, great job on getting set up on Bandcamp, it's a great site! I'd always much prefer to buy from there than through iTunes.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2013, 02:02:56 PM »
Putting it on Bandcamp was a great choice. I buy/stream from there all the time, and I've discovered a lot of new music just from browsing through the tags. I'll pay for a download as soon as I can.

I'm also glad the lyrics are up. The story really interested me but I have a hard time focusing on the lyrics when I listen to albums. I'll definitely read through them all!

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2013, 02:07:42 PM »
Adami, this album is amazing. I had listened to some tracks already, but as you said, the best moments are in the songs that weren't uploaded. The buildup in Corruption of Innocence is amazing and Watch Me Fall is amazing throughout, to only name two examples, but really, there's not really a weak moment on this album. Major, major props - it's my album of the year so far.

Oh, and I really love the Eastern scales on Euphoria Knight.

EDIT: Adami, something that I was wondering about just now: why do you have guests playing the guitar solos on My Regret? I mean, they're awesome, but you showed on other tracks (Denial and Redemption, I'm looking at you) that you do an awesome job with them. Is there any particular reasoning behind it?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:57:43 PM by Scorpion »
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2013, 02:56:28 PM »
I listened to the facebook and soundcloud stuff and have bought it through Bandcamp. Not listened properly yet but will do. Great stuff.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »
Also, I can't get Denial out of my head. It's so simply, in terms of structure and melodies, but it just tickles all the right spots. Plus, the guitar solo is great.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2013, 08:51:06 PM »
Listening now, I'm not much of a reviewer, but I'll jot down my thoughts as I go.

Loving the intro of Corruption Of Innocence. Guitar around 2:30 is brilliant.
The male singer playing "The Drug" is excellent. Euphoria is singing some interesting melodies... I like.

The beginning of The Paradox Of Needing reminds me of Evanescence. I mean that positively, I love Evanescence. And, DAT CHORUS! :omg: That chorus has seriously been in my head since I listened to this track last week.

Loving the drums on Drowning In Serenity. It's interesting how this track goes from being relatively fast and heavy to being very soft, but never sounding forced. "Hope"'s pronunciation is a bit odd, but it doesn't detract from the song.

I really like the electronic feel on Duet.
Holy heavy vocals, batman. I think this is my favorite track so far.

On Watch Me Fall now. These are some brutal, but excellent, lyrics.
This is probably the clearest drum sound I've ever heard.
Wow, "Guilt" is fantastic.

Euphoria Knight is pretty creepy and ominous. (redundancy ftw)

Liking the opening of Denial sounds like an Arjen-esque synth. Interesting juxtaposition of dark lyrics and upbeat music. Perhaps the's part of the "Denial"? Really like this one.

Interesting choice on Intervention, going for a spoken word. It's quite good.

Ah, the kick drum on Your Betrayal is glorious.
Holy crap sticks, RAGE! This is incredible! What else has this singer done? I need to find it immediately.
Song ended. I have to change my pants.

My Regret is nice change of pace. Sweet guitar solo, too.
And another.
I like the mix of Rage and Guilt's voices.

On Abandoned now. I really have to commend Grace for her portrayal of her character, she's very convincing.
Wow, sweet bass at 3:30 or so.
Ah, my favorite vocalist (The Drug) appears again.  :D

Loving the opening guitars on Redemption. I really like the vocal melodies starting around 2:50.
Nice guitar solo. ....It just got even better. :omg:
Ending of Redemption is fantastic. Nice brass sounds.

Loving the first riff in Piece Of Me. Especially with the synths in the behind it, very cool.
A wild bass run appears!

Forgive My Weakness ....... :'(

FINAL THOUGHTS: First, sorry for this long and very loosely structured "review". Secondly, this album blows me away. It's pretty much great on every level. The lyrics are fantastic, and even though I don't relate to them personally, they're still extremely powerful.

The music is excellent, I like all the different styles you worked into it. Electronic, metal, symphonic, etc.

As far as criticism, I can't offer much, for two reasons. First, I'm not much of a musician or an audiophile, so I can't offer a whole lot in that regard. Second, there's very little to criticize here.

A couple things I will mention, though. You said the drums were too loud, but I think they're fine, I think that the guitars need to be brought up some. I could hear them fine most of the time, but occasionally they sort of dropped out. Also, I'd like to hear a bit more bass. Although I should mention, I listened to this on my headphones, which aren't extremely high quality, so that could account for the missing frequencies.

I feel I should mention again just how good this album is, and how minor my nitpicks are. The singers are brilliant, the music is brilliant and the lyrics are brilliant. I don't really frequent many other forums, but I'm going to do what I can to spread the word.

Whenever I next have cash on hand, I'm definitely buying this.

So, to sum this rambling mess of a post up, :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2013, 10:04:13 PM »
EDIT: Oh and generally speaking, great job on getting set up on Bandcamp, it's a great site! I'd always much prefer to buy from there than through iTunes.
Ditto. iTunes pretty much sucks (IMO). Glad to see you made the jump to bandcamp.

Downloaded and listening now. "Drowning In Serenity" is pretty damn awesome though the abrupt ending kinda sticks out. This one track is probably worth a buck fifty by itself.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2013, 10:45:20 PM »
I'm only two songs in but already I can't believe I only paid $1.50 for this album. This stuff is all kinds of awesome. :hefdaddy

I've only uploaded a few pictures, added some tags and copy/pasted information from your Facebook and Bandcamp pages, but I've started to build up the Fanticide page on Last.fm aswell as the page for The Fall of Grace. I don't really know why, just seemed like something that should be done. Maybe Last.fm could become another promotional tool if more effort is put into it (I have no idea how to add the album page to the list of albums by the band, currently they don't link, nor can I properly add the tracklist to the album page). I might look into how to do these things later on.

Offline Adami

« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2013, 03:05:41 AM »
Holy crap guys, thanks so much for the kind words!  :hefdaddy

Here's a few points I'd like to respond to.

EDIT: Adami, something that I was wondering about just now: why do you have guests playing the guitar solos on My Regret? I mean, they're awesome, but you showed on other tracks (Denial and Redemption, I'm looking at you) that you do an awesome job with them. Is there any particular reasoning behind it?

I made this album as the last thing I did before moving away from America, so my original goal was to get as many great musicians as I have worked with together on it. The guy playing the drug, the girl playing Hope, the girl playing Grace, and the guy playing Guilt were all people with whom I've worked before and I wanted to do something special with them. Euphoria was actually written for an old singer of mine, but she had to decline and it went to Pia who immensely improved it. As far as the guest musicians go, I had my old band mates
have spots on it because I thought it would be neat to do something with them again. That was it really.

Edit: Even on Intervention, I had a bunch of my friends (including Jackie) record parts, as well as my mom and stuff.

Downloaded and listening now. "Drowning In Serenity" is pretty damn awesome though the abrupt ending kinda sticks out. This one track is probably worth a buck fifty by itself.

The abrupt ending is actually intentional. The entire ending after "I can feel it burning me" is supposed to represent Grace going through her first bout of Withdrawal. The ending is supposed to show that she was actually getting very close to completing it and coming out clean but couldn't handle the pain and went back to the drug before the withdrawal could be completed. Hope that makes sense.

Also for the guy who mentioned Hope's pronunciation. Yea, she is from Czech Republic. She has a pretty damn thick accent and we spent a lot of time trying to tune it down a bit, but in the end her voice is her voice and her accent comes through quite a bit. Although her part on Redemption she actually had to go back a week later and re-record the whole thing to lessen the accent.

:)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2013, 08:13:11 AM »
So I bought it last night, and I've had a listen and a half so far today, and I'm digging it a lot.

Adami, did you produce it yourself? It sounds very slick - not the smoothest I've heard but genuinely more professional than a lot of big bands out there. Really good stuff!

Regarding the music itself, it's really nicely done, great variety. I guess my only criticism would be that, due to its overall length, there are some moments that don't hold my attention all that well, but that's only a small issue really, and to be honest it's the case for most double albums. There are some good headbanging sections, some great melodies, and some really nice atmospheric stuff. And great performances as well!

Also, when I first heard Your Betrayal on facebook, I wasn't too keen on it - seemed quite jarring. But on second listen, and in the context of the album, I really got into. The harsh vocals in that song work well once I got used to them!

EDIT: Oh, and like Bolsters updated last.fm, I went ahead and updated RateYourMusic. There was already an artist entry for Fanticide for things that you presumably did in the past, so I created a new release. I've uploaded the album artwork as well, but that won't display until it's been approved.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2013, 03:02:55 PM »
I need to listen to this with the lyrics now that they are posted, but I already listened to this three times today before I caught up on this thread.

Also, which line(s) were Jackie?

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2013, 06:13:54 PM »
Just found out about this band. I listened to the songs on their bandcamp page and was blown away. I just had to buy the album, but damn $10 is a little high.

:neverusethis:

Offline sueño

« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »
I just bought mine (before the price goes up!  :neverusethis: )

SUCH a good album, Adami!!!    :tup

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2013, 11:52:28 PM »
On my fifth spin and really loving it.  Amazing vocals

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2013, 12:00:58 AM »
I'm listening right now, this is really good  :tup

Edit: bought the album   :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 12:09:50 AM by Rattlehead »

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2013, 07:34:54 PM »
I need to listen to this with the lyrics now that they are posted, but I already listened to this three times today before I caught up on this thread.

Also, which line(s) were Jackie?

Crap, the CD is in my car. I can't remember which ones are me right now but obviously it's easy for me to pick them out when I'm listening. But it's true- it was recorded on my bed :eyebrows:

Anyway, so glad to see you getting all the props you deserve, Adami  :D
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2013, 09:07:35 PM »
I listened to this album on the way to and back home from work today... and on my lunch break. It really is excellent. My Regret is my favorite track so far... the vocals are phenomenal  :o

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2013, 12:17:25 PM »
Well, Encyclopedia Metallum rejected Fanticide because they didn't think it was metal, but I'm going to appeal it because they have Aryeon on their site which isn't all that metal sometimes, especially Into the Electric Castle.

Offline Adami

« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2013, 12:21:40 PM »
They listened to it?

Yay!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2013, 12:23:53 PM »
They excepted KrotchRaut which is barely even a real band, but rejected your band. The justice system's all screwed up. They must have only listened to Denial or something.

Offline Adami

« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2013, 12:25:09 PM »
They excepted KrotchRaut which is barely even a real band, but rejected your band. The justice system's all screwed up. They must have only listened to Denial or something.

Eh, it's all good. I've never heard of them anyway.

But the good news is Itunes didn't reject me. So if you search Fanticide on Itunes, my album is officially for sale! Hooray!

Everyone go buy it! Maybe in 6 or 700 years I can recoup expenses.
fanticide.bandcamp.com