Author Topic: Hey guys! Updates on me and my new album! (READ ME DAMN YOU!)  (Read 6999 times)

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
Re: Hey guys! Updates on me and my new album! (READ ME DAMN YOU!)
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2013, 10:25:28 PM »
Can I PM someone my email address and have that one person send me mp3s? I really want to listen to this.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2013, 10:29:29 PM »
Can I PM someone my email address and have that one person send me mp3s? I really want to listen to this.

https://soundcloud.com/fanticide/sets/the-fall-of-grace

It's not the whole album, but it's 7 songs, which is half (just not half in order or anything).

Sadly the best songs on the album aren't online because of their length. Many of the songs are 8 minutes or more and putting those online means compressing them to all hell in terrible quality MP3s and I didn't really want to do that. So the songs are online are generally the more straight to the point shorter songs.

But the soundcloud page has Drowning in Serenity and Abandoned which are the longest and I guess more interesting of the online batch.

However I am going to try to get my songs on Itunes when I get to Israel (tomorrow) and I'll keep you updated on that.

Also....for the few people who liked the FB page, I'll be showing cast promo shots of each character over the next week or so and explaining a little bit about their character, and if you like their voice, I will include links to other projects of theirs. So keep an eye out for that.

If you haven't like the FB page.....then listen to the music and like it only if you like the music. :)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2013, 10:37:32 PM »
From the title of the song, it looks like a relapse, I should be able to give it a full, proper listen tomorrow. :tup

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2013, 11:54:20 PM »
Adami, I haven't asked for a copy as I wasn't sure you'd want to ship to the UK. If you're happy with that then I'd love a copy, otherwise you could maybe upload and send mp3s to me instead?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2013, 11:23:44 AM »
Adami, I haven't asked for a copy as I wasn't sure you'd want to ship to the UK. If you're happy with that then I'd love a copy, otherwise you could maybe upload and send mp3s to me instead?

Same for me. Really enjoyed it.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2013, 11:46:50 AM »
Adami, the album was awesome. I listened to it twice last night at work. Truly brilliant. I don't think the drums are too loud. All the performances were great, and this could easily sit next to some of the great concept albums out there. I have to say my favorite song is Denial. I love the upbeat and happy music, even though the lyrics completely contradict the tone of the music.

Would it be alright if I added your band to Encyclopedia Metallum, or you could do it. Either way, you're bound to get more attention on there. Any fans of Ayreon will love your stuff.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2013, 12:45:57 PM »
Just finished listening to it for the first time and I was very impressed! I'm always a bit leery of prog metal concept albums because many times they come across as cheesy to me, but I really liked the concept of this album. The vocals were excellent, and the musicianship was great as well. I liked your usage of the keys as they really complimented the guitars. I agree with Zook; Denial was my favorite song too. I actually went back and listened to it after finishing the album. All in all though, this is a great album that I'll definitely keep coming back to.

Have you considered making a Bandcamp? I've discovered a ton of great bands and musicians because of that site, so you may get some exposure there.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2013, 02:16:32 PM »
Just finished listening to it for the first time and I was very impressed! I'm always a bit leery of prog metal concept albums because many times they come across as cheesy to me, but I really liked the concept of this album. The vocals were excellent, and the musicianship was great as well. I liked your usage of the keys as they really complimented the guitars. I agree with Zook; Denial was my favorite song too. I actually went back and listened to it after finishing the album. All in all though, this is a great album that I'll definitely keep coming back to.

Have you considered making a Bandcamp? I've discovered a ton of great bands and musicians because of that site, so you may get some exposure there.

Yeah I was going to suggest bandcamp. I've paid for albums there before. I would be happy to throw a little your way for this- well worth it.

Online Adami

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2013, 02:02:30 AM »
Thanks so much for the kind words guys!

Yea, I'm terrible at self promotion, so Zook if you'd like to add Fanticide to anything, I'd be very appreciative.

So Denial eh? Interesting choice. Took me forever to write that main melody, but once I did the song fell into place. Didn't expect it to be anyone's favorite though. Huh.

Also....bump I guess. I know a few more of you have the album and would love to hear some more thoughts.

Criticism is also very welcomed!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2013, 02:45:18 AM »
ADAMI DON'T IGNORE ME :(

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Adami

« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2013, 02:59:55 AM »
Oh yea. Well right now I'm in Israel posting from my phone. Ill get Internet Sunday I think. However I don't have any CDs right now. They'll get here in about 2 months, so I can't send anything out till then. But like I said to cole, you can hear 7 songs on soundcloud and ill work on getting the music on iTunes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2013, 09:53:57 PM »
Oh yea. Well right now I'm in Israel posting from my phone. Ill get Internet Sunday I think. However I don't have any CDs right now. They'll get here in about 2 months, so I can't send anything out till then. But like I said to cole, you can hear 7 songs on soundcloud and ill work on getting the music on iTunes.

I submitted the band to Encyclopedia Metallum. There's no reason they shouldn't approve it considering they approved KrotchRaut, so once they do, you can (if you have an account, if not it's free to sign up) make any changes/corrections to the page.

Online Adami

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2013, 06:35:02 AM »
Was really looking forward to hearing RJs thoughts.  :-[
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2013, 06:54:17 AM »
So, how so I listen to the full thing? That first song Facebook was awesome, so I'd like to hear the rest as well!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Adami

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2013, 07:07:30 AM »
So, how so I listen to the full thing? That first song Facebook was awesome, so I'd like to hear the rest as well!

Well FB should have 5 songs if I'm not mistaken. Soundcloud (linked somewhere on this page) has 7 songs. Once I hear back from my art guy about getting a high resolution cover photo, I'll try to get my music on Itunes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2013, 08:45:01 AM »
Adami, I am two songs in and I am really enjoying it.  The first is amazing (the paradox of needing) and especially love the vocals.  Denial is catchy from first listen.  I will gladly buy it when it is available

Offline Ħ

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2013, 11:49:29 AM »
The genre isn't my cup of tea, but you're a solid songwriter, Adami.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Online Adami

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2013, 07:56:25 AM »
Hey to anyone reading this still (I feel like this number is getting down to Zook plus 1 or 2).

Does anyone here have photoshop and willing to help me out? My art guy isn't getting back to me and I need a bigger version of my album cover to put on Itunes. I have the PS file, but lack photoshop. From what I understand, it needs to be cropped a bit (since it's the template mock up for the duplication people) and sent to me as a Jpg no less than 1000x1000 pixels. If anyone can do this please let me know and I can e-mail you (once I have your addy) the PS file. I'd consider it a huge favor.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2013, 08:02:10 AM »
Send it my way, I'll see what I can do. I haves the shoop. I think my email is public in my profile.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2013, 08:06:39 AM »
Hey Adami, the wife really loved your songs.  She loved the heaviness with the sparseness of your songs.  We both love ambiance in our music.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2013, 08:07:44 AM »
Send it my way, I'll see what I can do. I haves the shoop. I think my email is public in my profile.

It only allows me to send an e-mail through DTF, which won't let me attach a file. Can you PM it to me?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2013, 08:08:07 AM »
Hey Adami, the wife really loved your songs.  She loved the heaviness with the sparseness of your songs.  We both love ambiance in our music.

Your wife, eh?

She seeing anyone?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2013, 08:11:23 AM »
She say's one guy is enough. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2013, 08:45:30 AM »

It only allows me to send an e-mail through DTF, which won't let me attach a file. Can you PM it to me?

Done.

Also, does Obscure know about your band? She has so many connections that she could probably get you a record deal lol

Online Adami

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2013, 08:47:31 AM »

Done.

Also, does Obscure know about your band? She has so many connections that she could probably get you a record deal lol

File is uploading.

Obscure? Doubt it. I haven't seen her online in a while. And I don't really know her in the slightest bit, even on this board. I'd feel weird messaging her just to tell her about this, you know?

Although if she happens to be reading this.......sup girl?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2013, 08:55:09 AM »
She's cool. She has her own review site and is always posting new bands on facebook. If you want more exposure, she's your girl.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2013, 09:24:21 AM »

Done.

File is uploading.

Obscure? Doubt it. I haven't seen her online in a while. And I don't really know her in the slightest bit, even on this board. I'd feel weird messaging her just to tell her about this, you know?

You really aren't very good at this promotion stuff are you  :biggrin:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2013, 03:57:57 AM »
Adami!

So sorry I missed out on the opportunity for a CD.  I will check out the tunes on soundcloud.  Looking forward to it.

Good luck on your move!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2013, 01:37:46 PM »

Done.

File is uploading.

:lol

well first off Zook  :heart

secondly... I've been listening to your tunes for the last couple of hours.. and wow.. I'm just floored... songwriting, delivery.. the production .. all very tight... I mean.. your sound is huge mang!!!

I will send your stuff out to my authors... if nobody takes it up... as they are all too busy now.. especially RJ  :laugh: I am happy to review it myself...

Best of luck!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2013, 01:53:17 PM »
I will send your stuff out to my authors... if nobody takes it up... as they are all too busy now.. especially RJ  :laugh: I am happy to review it myself...

Actually boss, I already had some thoughts on the album in mind that I was gonna share with Adami, so I can do the review since I already got my head around it pretty good. Adami, I will send you the review link when it's ready, maybe a week or so, got one project I need to jump on first. Cool?

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2013, 01:55:28 PM »
 :laugh:

edit: forgot to mention... Fanticide on the front page now...

courtesy of Zook on PR  ;)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:03:36 PM by obscure »

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2013, 02:37:42 PM »
I just got back to South Carolina and got all my mail yesterday.  One listen in and I am thoroughly enjoying it.  Is the Maura also an actress?  I saw her name on IMDB.

I would have gladly dropped money for this album.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2013, 02:57:35 PM »
:laugh:

edit: forgot to mention... Fanticide on the front page now...

courtesy of Zook on PR  ;)

:metal

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2013, 03:14:37 PM »
got my copy today, can't wait to put it in the player  :metal

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2013, 10:14:14 PM »

https://soundcloud.com/fanticide/sets/the-fall-of-grace

It's not the whole album, but it's 7 songs, which is half (just not half in order or anything).

Sadly the best songs on the album aren't online because of their length. Many of the songs are 8 minutes or more and putting those online means compressing them to all hell in terrible quality MP3s and I didn't really want to do that. So the songs are online are generally the more straight to the point shorter songs.

But the soundcloud page has Drowning in Serenity and Abandoned which are the longest and I guess more interesting of the online batch.

However I am going to try to get my songs on Itunes when I get to Israel (tomorrow) and I'll keep you updated on that.

Also....for the few people who liked the FB page, I'll be showing cast promo shots of each character over the next week or so and explaining a little bit about their character, and if you like their voice, I will include links to other projects of theirs. So keep an eye out for that.

If you haven't like the FB page.....then listen to the music and like it only if you like the music. :)

Did you consider using bandcamp.com at all? You can upload as many tracks/albums and you won't lose sound quality or anything. It's kind of a go-to site nowadays. A person can download your songs in any format as well...