Author Topic: Hey guys! Updates on me and my new album! (READ ME DAMN YOU!)  (Read 7000 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Hey guys…how you been?

So I know I haven’t been posting…honestly just very little to say…but I’ve been lurking.

So I don’t know how many of you care that much, but I figured I’d give a decent sized update on me, and of course use this as a chance for some shameless self-promotion.

So first with the personal update. I’m sure a few of you know, I am moving to Israel in less than a week now. So if I post again (outside of perhaps a few replies in this thread) it’ll be from Tel Aviv. So if anyone reading this lives in Tel Aviv or Israel in general, please feel free to PM me as I don’t know anyone there, and it would be nice to know someone kind of. Pretty pumped.

Now for the shameless self-promotion; I have spent the last 8 or 9 months putting a ton of my time and money into recording what is (to me anyway) a gigantic album. I am immensely proud of it (despite a few very minor production issues as a result of running out of time) and would love to share it with DTF, the only place on earth that could possibly appreciate it for what it is.

The album is called The Fall of Grace and is released under the rebirth of an old moniker of mine; Fanticide. The album is a rock opera/concept album and blends most of my different styles that I’ve done from symphonic epic metal, to progressive rock/metal to industrial to more ethereal soft music and a lot in between. The music itself tells as much of the story as the lyrics. I think that’s where it differentiates from a lot of other concept albums because I actually wrote each note knowing what the song is about and tried to express the emotion through the music before I ever wrote a single lyric.

I know it may not be prog enough for some of you guys…but it’s kind of prog. I mean the first song is over 12 minutes long, can’t get much more prog than that right? Not a ton of solos or noodling around, I took more of a PoS of Porcupine Tree approach and tried to focus mostly on song writing instead of musical ability or anything.

The album itself deals with the story of Grace and her psychological and personal struggles through heroin addiction. It has upwards of 7 different singers playing various roles in the story as well.

So since this is a very long post at this point and I've probably lost all of you, I’m going to leave a decent sized break so some of you may just skip to this part. So the album is free for anyone who wants it (like usual with me). I just ask you to PM me your info if you want it ASAP so I can send it before I move.

Also please check out www.facebook.com/fanticide . Like the page and check it for updates! You can also hear a few songs on it as well.

Hope everyone is doing well. Except Zook.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
Re: Hey guys! Updates on me and my new album! (READ ME DAMN YOU!)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:32:49 PM »
It sounds like a progressive album whether it's proper "prog" or not!  :)

Mazel tov!
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 04:37:15 PM »
Hey guys…how you been?

So I know I haven’t been posting…honestly just very little to say…but I’ve been lurking.

So I don’t know how many of you care that much, but I figured I’d give a decent sized update on me, and of course use this as a chance for some shameless self-promotion.

So first with the personal update. I’m sure a few of you know, I am moving to Israel in less than a week now. So if I post again (outside of perhaps a few replies in this thread) it’ll be from Tel Aviv. So if anyone reading this lives in Tel Aviv or Israel in general, please feel free to PM me as I don’t know anyone there, and it would be nice to know someone kind of. Pretty pumped.

Now for the shameless self-promotion; I have spent the last 8 or 9 months putting a ton of my time and money into recording what is (to me anyway) a gigantic album. I am immensely proud of it (despite a few very minor production issues as a result of running out of time) and would love to share it with DTF, the only place on earth that could possibly appreciate it for what it is.

The album is called The Fall of Grace and is released under the rebirth of an old moniker of mine; Fanticide. The album is a rock opera/concept album and blends most of my different styles that I’ve done from symphonic epic metal, to progressive rock/metal to industrial to more ethereal soft music and a lot in between. The music itself tells as much of the story as the lyrics. I think that’s where it differentiates from a lot of other concept albums because I actually wrote each note knowing what the song is about and tried to express the emotion through the music before I ever wrote a single lyric.

I know it may not be prog enough for some of you guys…but it’s kind of prog. I mean the first song is over 12 minutes long, can’t get much more prog than that right? Not a ton of solos or noodling around, I took more of a PoS of Porcupine Tree approach and tried to focus mostly on song writing instead of musical ability or anything.

The album itself deals with the story of Grace and her psychological and personal struggles through heroin addiction. It has upwards of 7 different singers playing various roles in the story as well.

So since this is a very long post at this point and I've probably lost all of you, I’m going to leave a decent sized break so some of you may just skip to this part. So the album is free for anyone who wants it (like usual with me). I just ask you to PM me your info if you want it ASAP so I can send it before I move.

Also please check out www.facebook.com/fanticide . Like the page and check it for updates! You can also hear a few songs on it as well.

THE FUCK

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 04:58:25 PM »
Good luck with your move. That's a pretty hefty change to make in one's life. Hope it's everything you've been wanting.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 05:02:45 PM »
Hey guys…how you been?

THE FUCK
That made me LOL a bit....*hark*...sry!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 05:04:44 PM »
>it's not prog
>it's like Porcupine Tree and PoS

:biggrin:

Just giving you slack, lol.
Good to see you around and I'll check it out in a bit.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 05:14:35 PM »
Zook, it's just cause you kept calling him out on anonomously voting for good songs in the Iced Earth survivor.  ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 05:20:01 PM »
I know him all too well.

Which isn't creepy at all.

Online Adami

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 08:37:51 PM »
>it's not prog
>it's like Porcupine Tree and PoS

:biggrin:

Just giving you slack, lol.
Good to see you around and I'll check it out in a bit.

It's proggy at times. It's not prog the way I read about it so much on the DT side. Tons of solos and odd time signatures and stuff.

It doesn't sound anything like Porcupine Tree or anything, I just meant my writing was kind of to the point and doesn't really have that jam and explore feeling (probably since I'm playing everything myself, and jamming alone is difficult).

I dunno. Maybe I'm just defensive.

I know him all too well.

To be fair, you were actually wrong about my votes about 90% of the time. Just didn't want to say anything.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 09:09:09 PM »
Sounds intriguing, good luck man!!!

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 09:09:20 PM »
Nah, I got what you meant, I was just being difficult.

I listened to a little bit of it. Pretty good stuff, dude! It's a bit more prog metally than what I usually listen to, and I do think some of the arrangements sound kinda cluttered, but you definitely have an original twist here that I enjoy, and I like how the songs are unpredictable.

Since others here like this kinda thing much better than I do I'm sure my opinion is naturally a little bit more on the critical side, but that's just changing tastes.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 03:56:41 AM »
I know him all too well.

To be fair, you were actually wrong about my votes about 90% of the time. Just didn't want to say anything.

Does this mean I don't get a copy?

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »
Dude, this is really good stuff. Only 2/3 of the way through The Paradox of Needing so far, but I'm really digging it! Very slick and professional, and the music is genuinely engaging. I'll listen to the other songs you've put up as well, just wanted to say great stuff, definitely the best thing I've heard from you so far!

Also
made me laugh after such a serious and down to earth post. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Adami

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 01:11:40 PM »
I know him all too well.

Does this mean I don't get a copy?

If you'd like a copy, then PM me your info and I'll get it out to you tomorrow.

Also...bump. I put a crapload of love into this album, and think at least a few more of you will actually like it if you gave it a listen.

Also..please give me your thoughts! Good or bad, constructive or deconstruction, I'd love to hear any thoughts at all.

Thanks guys. It really means a lot to me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 01:28:34 PM »
Info sent.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 08:43:02 AM »
BUMP

Support your local Adami.

www.facebook.com/fanticide

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 12:50:45 AM »
You forgot to mention that you came to Denver, forced me to talk on your album, and then raped me.

Can't wait for my copy!  :laugh:
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 01:54:20 AM »
Pics or it didn't happen

About the talking, you sick freaks.

Online Adami

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 11:12:55 AM »
I appreciate the love zook. And the rape jack.

Seems like this is a dying cause though. I wonder if people are less prone to listen to music seriously by people they know.

Ah well. Thanks anyway guys.

To those who wanted a cd, they're in the mail. I reallly appreciate it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 11:21:47 AM »
Looking forward to hearing it!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 12:15:37 PM »
:metal

Have you tried promoting it with Reverbnation? I have a 3 day trial going on with KrotchRaut, and although it's not as successful this time around, it's still getting views. Since you have a real band, you should be able to bring in the fans with no problem.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2013, 12:24:18 PM »
Dude, this stuff is awesome!  :metal :metal

I'd ask for a CD, but my parents wouldn't be down with me giving their address out on the Internet. :sadpanda:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2013, 12:45:51 PM »
As always Adami, I enjoy all your work.  Love the chorus on the Paradox Of Needing.  Good luck on your move and I'd love to read about your life in Israel.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Had a listen on your Facebook page and really enjoyed it. Consider me impressed. I really like the singer's voice too.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2013, 04:25:05 AM »
I seemed to have missed the opportunity to get a CD because, ironically, I was in Israel. Can someone upload it to a dropbox or send me the music or something please?

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 07:55:06 AM »
Just listened to first track on the Facebook page; wow! Sounds awesome! I'll get to the other tracks eventually, but I have to say: amazing work man :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2013, 09:41:14 AM »
Welcome back Adami. I def noticed your absence around here lately. Good luck with the move. I'll listen to the tunes on Facebook as soon as I can.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »
Got my copy in the mail today, listening to it now as I'm typing up essays for scholarships, and I have to say...
This is some fantastic stuff! Very radular!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2013, 06:48:46 PM »
Got my copy in the mail today

ME TOO :caffeine:

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2013, 10:05:20 PM »
Just got home from a totally fucked day all around to see my copy waiting for me. Time for some music therapy...

Online Adami

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »
Just got home from a totally fucked day all around to see my copy waiting for me. Time for some music therapy...

It's an album about addiction. I am very interested in your thoughts.

Also to the rest of you, since the CD's are free and I'm not asking for money, I would really appreciate thoughts on the album....good or bad. Other than "it all rocks dude" or something. Everyone I know in person will listen to it for about 4 minutes and put it away, so I need some actual thoughts wherever I can get it.

Also, I am very aware that the drums are too loud. Sorry. :(
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2013, 10:13:54 PM »
You'll get some feedback for sure, digging the first song, very dubious and dark thematically. Digging it.

Edit: Using a separate vocalist for the drug is incredibly effective, since the addiction does feel like a separate entity inside of us addicts, even those in recovery.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2013, 10:16:27 PM »
I'm going to give it some extensive listening over the next few days, I'll make sure to give some detailed feedback :tup

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2013, 10:17:10 PM »
I got my copy today. I'm going to give it a listen first thing tomorrow.

Online Adami

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2013, 10:20:07 PM »
You'll get some feedback for sure, digging the first song, very dubious and dark thematically. Digging it.

Edit: Using a separate vocalist for the drug is incredibly effective, since the addiction does feel like a separate entity inside of us addicts, even those in recovery.

Thanks! I also used different vocalists for most of her emotions since I wanted to give the impression of a fractured person.

Now I'm kind of terrified how an addict in recovery will react to the end haha.
fanticide.bandcamp.com