Author Topic: Will Call  (Read 1403 times)

Offline BlastParadigm

Will Call
« on: June 26, 2013, 08:47:45 AM »
This tour will be my first time seeing DT live, but not my first concert.
I noticed something weird with the tickets: they're bought by will-call, or something like that... what is that? All the tickets I bought for previous concerts I went to were bought at a store that distributed the tickets (guess that's what you call it?).

My question is: there is something different about these tickets, and I want to know what it is.
Thanks in advance :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:57:13 AM by cyberdrummer »

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
Re: Question about DT tickets.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 08:56:28 AM »
https://www.ticketmaster.com/h/willcall.html

Basically, you pick up your tickets at the venue on the day.

Offline BlastParadigm

Re: Will Call
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 09:12:19 AM »
Just one more thing: about identification... in the case of DT, will photo ID be enough, or will I need to present the credit card as well?

Offline cyberdrummer

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 09:23:01 AM »
I think it tends to vary between venues rather than between bands. I'd say credit card is more likely to be required than photo ID, but that might be different in other countries. I'm speaking from a British viewpoint.

Offline BlastParadigm

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 09:36:10 AM »
I'm from Portugal (the first date of the tour, yay ;P).
On the ticket purchase page it says this: "Tickets will be available for pick up from the venue box office on the date of the event with valid photo ID."

By this I can presume photo ID is enough. What does it say on the British venues purchase page?

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 09:42:30 AM »
Here in the USA, some venues require credit card as well. I would suggest taking both photo ID and credit card if possible (of course, I don't know how it is outside of USA).
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline cyberdrummer

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 10:04:20 AM »
Well if that's what it says on the website then you should be fine with just photo ID. Whenever a UK venue offers collection, it always specifies what documentation is required. As I said, this varies from venue to venue. The DT tickets are all being posted though.