Author Topic: Looking f creative writer/artists for prog rock concept album  (Read 2864 times)

Offline geraldp001

Hi there,
I'm a composer, keyboarder and record my solo album where I want to work with several voices/characters.
60 minutes of progressively rockin music material with orchestra arrangements and influences of cinematic film music and other influences is finished and will be extended to 74 minutes. Currently I record guitar tracks, but I cannot continue recording vocals because I don't have lyrics.

I am looking for a creative writer who gets inspired from my music to write lyrics or better a whole story for a concept album (this will be a challenge, because the music is like dream theater multifaceted and complex). I am looking as well for artists who want to do artwork supporting the story of the album, which will be used for the cd artwork as well as the live show at future concerts.

Two demo outtakes: myspace.com/geraldpeter
Here is another demo with the highlights of the instrumental sections:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y1RvYlJkQ1J3NUtGa1E9PQ
If you want more demo material write me a PM - you get it!

The goal for this project is to record and publish a musically sophisticated and professional progrock album and to build up a live band based on the album as well.

If you are interested let me know via PN.

greetings
Gerald

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Looking f creative writer/artists for prog rock concept album
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 01:30:37 PM »
Hey man, checked out the songs on your myspace and that sounds like really good stuff! Often when rock/metal bands incorporate a cinematic feel into their music it gets cheesy and doesn't mesh well together, but you somehow managed to avoid that and get a great sound!

I write lyrics for my own stuff that I write (and very slowly record... I will finish one day!). Can't say I'm necessarily amazing or to your tastes, but would love to have a go! Are those two songs part of it? And if so, don't they already have lyrics? :P

I also do my own artwork, but to be honest there are people here who are probably better at it than me.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 04:15:42 PM »
Alright, just got done listening and I'm fuckin' impressed.

First off, I have never been a fan of synth especially when it's trying to replicate a real-world instrument, but I wasn't really bothered too much here.  The number one factor in music are melodies and there were some great melodies there.  Vocals, guitars . . . all kick ass.  I'd be very interested in hearing your ideas.  I'm definitely not your guy for writing and the artwork, but I'd love to give you my two cents and if it all possible, get a high-res version of that song to listen to on my own.

In any event, I'll be watching your career with great interest.

PALPATINE'D

Offline Nic35

• Which seat can I take =/ ?
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 10:39:46 AM »
Wow, that was awesome. Everything is perfect. Continue your awesome work !
Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

*Yes, Jesus Christ himself. Nothing less will do.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 03:38:49 AM »

This file has expired.
File Expired
THE FILE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS LINK HAS EXPIRED..

A file link is only available for a certain number of days or a limited number of downloads, whichever occurs first. Once an uploaded file expires, it can no longer be downloaded. If you still need the file, please contact the original sender directly.

To learn more about files that have a longer expiration time, and learn about the YouSendIt service, click here!

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline geraldp001

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 10:58:27 AM »
hi

I still search for a texter, the compositions are finished and I have enough material for a full-lengh album,
here check out the highlights of the instrumental sections:
https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=Z01OM25BaFJHa00wTVE9PQ

greetings gerald

Offline STEVETHEATER

• Seize the day...
  • Carpe Diem!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 02:40:09 AM »
Hello Gerald,

Love those highlights of the instrumental sections you posted yesterday, very cool!
Are you still searching for somebody to do the artwork? Maybe I can help you.
Check out my portfolio.

Greetings,
Steve