Author Topic: 2014-02-13 - O2 Apollo - Manchester, UK  (Read 22387 times)

Offline krands85

Re: 2014-02-13 - O2 Apollo - Manchester, UK
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2014, 05:41:36 AM »
4 train journeys for me in the one day just to get there but it's definitely gonna be worth it.
That sounds like a bit of a bugger, hope everything goes smoothly! Thankfully I only have to change trains once, in Edinburgh.

Meant to ask this the other day, then someone asking the same question in the Wembley gig thread which reminded me - what were the crowd like for anyone who saw them in Manchester on the ADTOE tour? Were most people standing and really getting into it etc.? The Glasgow gig was ridiculous - if it had gotten any livelier, a funeral was liable to break out! Lots of people were seated for the whole show and we even had people behind shouting at us to sit down a few times  :-\ Hope it's better down south next week.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2014, 07:33:15 AM »
Glasgow train change at Preston. Only reason I am doing that is cos I won a freebie on virgin rail for first class. Can't go direct from Glasgow on virgin. The changes don't look too bad at all. By using this freebie it keeps the cost down.

Anyone know how much the merchandise is likely to be? The new shirts are 20 notes on the dream theater site.

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2014, 07:40:13 AM »
Narrowed it down. 3 trains now.

Offline krands85

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2014, 11:43:35 AM »
Glasgow train change at Preston. Only reason I am doing that is cos I won a freebie on virgin rail for first class.
How did you score that? I'm jealous now, even with the extra stop  ;D

Got my copy of Lifting Shadows to read on the way down, should pass the time nicely  :tup
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2014, 04:03:03 PM »
Won a competition. Came in very handy for this gig!

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2014, 03:22:35 PM »
4 train journeys for me in the one day just to get there but it's definitely gonna be worth it.
That sounds like a bit of a bugger, hope everything goes smoothly! Thankfully I only have to change trains once, in Edinburgh.

Meant to ask this the other day, then someone asking the same question in the Wembley gig thread which reminded me - what were the crowd like for anyone who saw them in Manchester on the ADTOE tour? Were most people standing and really getting into it etc.? The Glasgow gig was ridiculous - if it had gotten any livelier, a funeral was liable to break out! Lots of people were seated for the whole show and we even had people behind shouting at us to sit down a few times  :-\ Hope it's better down south next week.

I too would like this to be answered, seated seems like it would be dead, but it'd be hard standing 3 hours straight

Offline FrostbiteZ

« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2014, 01:17:47 AM »

I too would like this to be answered, seated seems like it would be dead, but it'd be hard standing 3 hours straight

Last time every one on the floor was standing, but I don't think they were on the balcony

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2014, 03:18:51 AM »
Glasgow crowds have a reputation for going slightly insane at gigs - I doubt Manchester will compare, purely because nowhere in Englandshire can compare...
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline krands85

« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2014, 04:57:19 AM »
Last time every one on the floor was standing, but I don't think they were on the balcony
Well that's good to hear, I'm on the floor.  :D Thanks.

Glasgow crowds have a reputation for going slightly insane at gigs - I doubt Manchester will compare, purely because nowhere in Englandshire can compare...
The only way Manchester could not compare to the last Glasgow show, would be if everyone in the arena fell asleep  :lol :facepalm:

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2014, 04:10:16 AM »
What time does your train get into Manchester?

Offline krands85

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2014, 11:38:56 AM »
Not until 5.25pm, there better not be any delays!

Offline DT_1928

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2014, 10:26:57 AM »
Getting close now!!  :metal

Really stoked for this one ... great venue and awesome setlist

Offline onnet5

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2014, 12:44:46 PM »
Anyone able to shed some light on the best place to park for this event?

Offline twanky

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2014, 05:12:59 PM »
Anyone able to shed some light on the best place to park for this event?

If you are early next to the venue, if not  just around the corner £5 either way
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2014, 10:48:53 AM »
Bag packed for tomorrow. Super excited now.

Offline krands85

« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2014, 03:18:17 PM »
Hope this horrible weather in Manchester subsides by tomorrow!

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2014, 03:45:08 PM »
Hope this horrible weather in Manchester subsides by tomorrow!

It should be doing, Thank God!

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2014, 03:38:42 AM »
Sweating here. My train got cancelled. On next one and just leaving glasgow now. Please get me to this gig!

Offline krands85

« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2014, 04:07:25 AM »
Sweating here. My train got cancelled. On next one and just leaving glasgow now. Please get me to this gig!
Good luck man. The 8.12am, 10.08am and 12.12pm Edinburgh to Manchester trains have all been cancelled.  :-\ Mine is the next one at 2.16pm, fingers crossed.

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2014, 04:21:49 AM »
Fingers, toes and everything else crossed we both make it. Hopefully see ya there. Both staying at same hotel anyway.

Offline krands85

« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2014, 07:16:10 AM »
Fingers, toes and everything else crossed we both make it. Hopefully see ya there. Both staying at same hotel anyway.
How you getting on now? My train has just left on time, so as long as there's no trouble further down the line, I should be ok!

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2014, 07:37:53 AM »
On last train now. 15 minutes away from Oxford Road. Now to find the hotel without getting lost!

Offline krands85

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2014, 10:52:58 AM »
Well I made it without any problems, just round the corner from the hotel getting a McDonald's  ;D hope everyone else travelling made it ok

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2014, 11:06:37 AM »
Am in pub round corner from venue

Offline krands85

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2014, 11:35:42 AM »
Heading to the venue now. Have fun everyone  :metal

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2014, 02:23:07 PM »
Holy shit what a show!!!

Offline krands85

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2014, 04:22:55 PM »
 :metal

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2014, 04:47:45 PM »
So they're playing the same set at every gig then ?

Should be perfect by the end of the tour !

Offline jonnybaxy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2014, 06:21:26 PM »
Nightmare getting home...

Anyway what a show! Especially the lighting!

Thanks to frostbiteZ for the ticket!

Only let down would be the audience, especially in the balcony, I swear I was one of the only one nodding/singing/sometimes fistpumping! Wasn't much atmosphere at all

I spotted some mistakes by JP well he had an issue towards the beginning of the show with his rig, but in finally free he hesitated at turning distortion off into acoustic section :P

MM also seemed to go out of beat in ToT

Appart from that, great night!

Offline DT_1928

« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2014, 12:26:49 AM »
Very pleasant surprise!!
I (due to trains and work etc) expected to walk into the venue and hear TLG and having missed the first few tracks and Blob's intro ............

........... & it started half an hour late! im sure i was the only one happy about that  ;D was expecting another Madrid and missing IT .. but so glad it wasn't a technical issue
Great gig! band on top form but i agree about the crowd, pretty quiet at first on the floor and especially near me, think the girl next to me was glad when it finished tbh!
But it's a DT gig and i will always enjoy it even if people around me think i'm a nutjob! :yarr  :metal

Offline FrostbiteZ

« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2014, 04:11:33 AM »
Great gig. Big difference between their opening show in Porto and this one. You can really tell that they are tuned in now

Illumination theory from yesterdays show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IozbFEV-rPM

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2014, 04:30:51 AM »
Wow Frostbitz, well done for getting this taped, did you manage any more?
I took my camera but my seat was right next to the entrance to the balcony where security stood and they where red hot on anyone with anything that looked like a video camera, but not with mobile phones, iphones and ipads.
The show was brilliant and the band really looked like they where enjoying themselves. The sound was excellent and the bass was clearly audible.
I was sat next to a rather large guy who was reading a newspaper before the gig started then by the Shattered Fortress appeared to be fast asleep. Don't know how he managed that.
A BIG well done to the guys in the forum that have contributed to the videos, they where excellent and added to the enjoyment.

Offline FrostbiteZ

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2014, 04:57:34 AM »
I took my camera but my seat was right next to the entrance to the balcony where security stood and they where red hot on anyone with anything that looked like a video camera, but not with mobile phones, iphones and ipads.
The show was brilliant and the band really looked like they where enjoying themselves. The sound was excellent and the bass was clearly audible.
I was sat next to a rather large guy who was reading a newspaper before the gig started then by the Shattered Fortress appeared to be fast asleep. Don't know how he managed that.
A BIG well done to the guys in the forum that have contributed to the videos, they where excellent and added to the enjoyment.

Yes I mangaged to get the whole show. I will upload it when I get to Denmark on 19th february

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2014, 05:05:07 AM »

Yes I mangaged to get the whole show. I will upload it when I get to Denmark on 19th february

Sir, you are a star.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2014, 05:13:40 AM »
Great gig. Big difference between their opening show in Porto and this one. You can really tell that they are tuned in now

Illumination theory from yesterdays show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IozbFEV-rPM

Nice job on the recording - zoom at the right time etc......   and the drum sound is better than DT12 :neverusethis:

The more I hear IT , especially the opening groove, the more I like it.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au